• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you guys should get one! Hopefully you have a million $ laying around you don't need! LOL
@Andy S just sold his house so we have a head start. I think I will go start a go fund me page or kick starter for the rest

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Andy S man we need us one of these in out lives they just blow through the rough waters like its not even there! This is a 360 video you will see the controller in the top left.

I agree, very nice boat but it will have to wait a little bit longer because i didn't win the lottery this weekend.

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It’s a Delta anchor which works very well in a sandy bottom. I use a galvanized 20lbs one for my minivan.
Hi @Berrie Any recommendations for a rear anchor for my minivan ?

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi @Berrie Any recommendations for a rear anchor for my minivan ?
@Amar Nanduri I will admit I absolutely SUCK at anchoring. I hate it, it never works for me, and I have no clue what I’m doing.

Having said that, i had a 13lbs claw anchor on the bow and a 13lbs Danforth on the stern. They didn’t hold very well in sand (probably undersized) so I bought the 22lbs plow anchor for the bow, and put the claw in the stern compartment. I only used them once like that in moderate wind and they held the boat in place.

If you are generally in sandy bottoms, I’d go with a 22lbs plow ($75 on eBay with free shipping).

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri I will admit I absolutely SUCK at anchoring. I hate it, it never works for me, and I have no clue what I’m doing.

Having said that, i had a 13lbs claw anchor on the bow and a 13lbs Danforth on the stern. They didn’t hold very well in sand (probably undersized) so I bought the 22lbs plow anchor for the bow, and put the claw in the stern compartment. I only used them once like that in moderate wind and they held the boat in place.

If you are generally in sandy bottoms, I’d go with a 22lbs plow ($75 on eBay with free shipping).
Thanks @Berrie Time for me to go shopping.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Berrie, @Amar Nanduri, a danforth is a terrible stern anchor. It has to be pulled into the bottom to be able to hold and does not reset quickly.

Other than beaching a stern anchor is a bad idea anyway. Ideally your boats would turn into the current or wind whichever is stronger and boats would be spaced to allow for this.

I would think that those 13 pound anchors would be too small for your boats.

I would recommend getting an appropriately sized Fortress or Mantus anchor for the stern.

You will want to have 5 or more times as much anchor rode as the depth you plan to anchor in along with a sufficient amount of chain for the anchor you choose.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hopefully everyone is getting their boats it tip top boating condition?

Everything needs to be ready and operational....
  • clean out plugs need to be EASILY removable and replaceable
  • Horn operational
  • Boat not cavitating at all (cavitation will cause you to burn more fuel)
  • hatches all closing properly
  • Tighten all fittings

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 74847 Looks Memorial day weekend is not going to be so nice.
Man that forecast looks awesome!!! I really hope we can get lucky enough to get a forecast like that on the 24th. It would be nice to have something to challenge us and our machines and make us really earn this trip versus it just being a cake walk crossing.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
At about the 30 day Mark is when I start to get crazy with the weather and buoy forecast, as if I can do something to change it
I am hopeful this year will be the smoothest crossing since it will be my earliest one..... gotta think positive, right?!?
I have, however, resumed packing. It’s a very strategic task when your a female packing a Yamaha waverunner for almost a week in the Bahamas ya know!:p

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2013 I went late july---rough.....2014, late june---flawless. extrapolating 100% data use::: points to a great crossing !!

it appears MAckeys sand bar on the south-south end is closed ?? is it called something else now ? I found out yesterday out condo comes with a golf cart.....O the horror !!! I so hope it floats !!!