• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 24 - July 28 2019

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I slipped one year, I'll keep launching daily for the same reasons @buckbuck said. I also take the opportunity to save a few bucks if I need to run into town(about 5 minutes) and fuel up. Also one huge plus is Lithia Resort is so close to the boat launch I don't have to make sure everything is stowed away and tightened down. Heck, all my passengers just stay in the boat until we get back to the cabin. I usually bring a big crew, my three kids and my two teenage cousins.

Slipping does however afford the opportunity to come and go though, so if you plan on going out in the morning for some watersports of a cruise or whatever, then head back to the cabin for a bit and back out for the tie up, it has its advantages. My crew doesn't get moving very early, but if I have the itch to surf in the morning I might try and bum a ride from someone who is going out early...:p
If I skip the slip, where do I pick up or drop off people during the day (bathroom). Is there a place to refuel on the lake ?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If I skip the slip, where do I pick up or drop off people during the day (bathroom). Is there a place to refuel on the lake ?
Sure. Lithia Springs marina has public restrooms, fuel, ice, etc. used to have a subway attached on the water, but heard that is closed now. That’s where we will have slips. The launch ramp is right there too.

It’s a little bit of a ride (maybe 15 minutes) from the cove we usually hang out in.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
There's also a boat launch in Area 3 where we hang out a lot, which may have a restroom.

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So most people rent a slip ?

$108.00 for 3 nights.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Prices went up a bit this year they said. I did book one though. We prefer to leave the boat in the water.

You don’t have to, for sure. The ramp is real nice and easy to get to. @buckbuck prefers to launch each day.

Might depend a little on your launch/retrieval procedure. If you and your team are well dialed in, and it’s not a big deal... you’re golden. If it’s a frustrating experience or you’re doing it all yourself, then get the slip. Lol

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wouldn't know what a dialed in team looks like.... ;););)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ha! Masters of the 30 second launch and retrieve. Still say it’s amazing to watch!!

RampRage

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If by dialed in it means taking off the cover on the ramp, then loading my cooler and gear into the boat, then forgetting the transom straps, Then realizing I forgot the plug, then having the dog jump off the back of the boat and swimming at the ramp. Yeah i got that covered.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If by dialed in it means taking off the cover on the ramp, then loading my cooler and gear into the boat, then forgetting the transom straps, Then realizing I forgot the plug, then having the dog jump off the back of the boat and swimming at the ramp. Yeah i got that covered.
I think @RiverRat feels your pain with the forgetting the plug deal.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
FYI:

Last summers gathering:

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We will be there, probably arrive thursday and leave Sunday. we are in one of the motel rooms. I can't remember the room number I will call to see which one. Will be renting a slip as well. We Had some engine problems when we were at Table Rock after last year's gathering so hoping the old 2 stroke will be all decked out with fresh rebuilds or new motors by the time Shelbyville rolls around. #weneeedanoldestboataward #2smoker #2strokelivesmatter

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome!!

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm curious when people put their boats in the water ?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm curious when people put their boats in the water ?
We arrive on Wed evening and launch on Thurs and get a slip until Sunday, ending the trip with a run up to the restaurant on the north end for lunch on Sunday.

It’s only an hour drive for us. Others will pull out Sat night or first thing Sun morning for an early departure. Others launch and retrieve every day.