• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 24 - July 28 2019

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, I should have been more clear. When do Illinois boaters consider boating season open?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks, I should have been more clear. When do Illinois boaters consider boating season open?
Ahhh. Lol

We went for a cruise on the Mississippi River last April 14. It was cold and rainy that day, but we were on the water. After that, April 30 was our next outing, then 2nd week of May we started going more often.

This year, I’m hoping to get my new boat at the end of April, so I can get breakin and 10hrs done by early-mid May so I can have free 10hr service done before we really get rolling in summer.

Judging by when @swatski quit for the winter, he could be wake boarding by the end of this month. Lol

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
My marina on the chain in Antioch opens for boats April 1. The chain is prone to flooding, especially coming out of winter and with spring rains. So if weather is good, I launch as close to April 1 as possible. I wait to do spring oil changing, so if nothing else I can go spend a day doing that and greasing trailer wheels. If I’m at the lake I’m happy. I have the countdown clock on my phone set to Saturday April 6. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting..........

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Exciting to hear.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Booked for campsite #69 Thursday, the 25th and leaving Sunday, the 29th.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
As far as when boating starts, it all depends on weather, and what you do while boating! Fishing can start at beginning of April most likely. Surfing and such may need to wait until May due to the cold we have had and bringing lake temps up. General cruising all depends on when and where you plan on going!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome @CAP44
Is your wife feeling any anxieties about your internet friends?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Slip confirmed 7/25 - 7/28 Lithia room #5

Last edited:

TinyTony

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm about 2 hours away from lake Shelbyville, and am really hoping my work schedule will allow me to be there. May even bring some buddies with wave runners, and sea doos.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL Neil...morgan and i will arrive tuesday and leave saturday night. Staying at lithia resort. Can’t wait!!! We missed everyone last year.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well pumps and hose have bad news and good to share....Mia has been accepted to play up to a 14u softball team this year (at 11.5). However we are due to be in St. Paul for USSSA nationals on Wednesday of this years outing😢😢😢. That said we have a reservation for Monday to Monday at lithia. Mon-Wed in the duck cabin and thurs-mon in Lincoln log #5. We will need to give up our slot for the deposit amount of 250.00. If interested please let me know.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well pumps and hose have bad news and good to share....Mia has been accepted to play up to a 14u softball team this year (at 11.5). However we are due to be in St. Paul for USSSA nationals on Wednesday of this years outing😢😢😢. That said we have a reservation for Monday to Monday at lithia. Mon-Wed in the duck cabin and thurs-mon in Lincoln log #5. We will need to give up our slot for the deposit amount of 250.00. If interested please let me know.
Ps your neighbors include Aaron’s Stammet and fam on one side and @RiverRat on the other when in ll#5.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Cool! And bummer!

dabomb6608

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Few questions from potential first timer. It most likely would just be me and my girlfriend coming unless we could talk a few friends into tagging along. We are about 2hrs south in Marion, IL.

Other than the Lithia Resort. What are some other nearby places to stay? We would only need a single bedroom type room if its just us two. I can imagine the resort is almost booked up by this point for that weekend.

We would most likely drive up Friday evening after work and then stay till Sunday afternoon. May or may not slip rent Saturday-Sunday. I noticed a lot of people arriving earlier in the week. Is there still plenty going on Saturday and Sunday?

What does a typical day look like? I've been boating since I was a kid but have never really been to any big gatherings. It is definitely on the list of things to do but we are a bit nervous/hesitant. Especially with showing up to a group we've never met (I'm a huge supporter of forums and the friendships you can build on them so don't take that the wrong way). That being said we are both on the younger side (I'm 26) and are friendly and social once we get comfortable.

I've got a buddy getting married in September (I'm best man) and we are trying to plan bachelor party sometime this summer. Need to wait for that to be figured out before committing to these dates.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome! I’m a former newbie and remember that anxiety well. And, my wife thought I was nuts to drag her (and the kids) to an event where we would meet 200 “Internet friends”.

As such, I tried hard (and many others) last year to make sure any newbies were as comfortable and welcomed as they could be.

Rough agenda is usually something like this (come and go as you please):

Wed - last year we did a cookout at the campground hosted by those camping, for anyone that has turned up already.

Thur - boating and raftup after lunch thru 5:00ish. Then we reserve the Mexican restaurant in town for our group. Pay your own way, but we can sit together or in smaller groups. Just like a regular restaurant, we just happen to all be there.

Fri - boating and raftup thru 5:00ish. Scheduled / catered dinner in town. Provided by sponsors. This is the event that you see in the pics and video where we all have matching shirts doing random goof ball activities.

Sat - boating and raftup. 2:00 “required” attendance at raftup for group aerial picture. Dinner on your own or in small groups.

Friday and Saturday are the big boating days. Many head out Sunday morning depending on the drive home. I like to stay and boat a little on Sunday and head home after lunch on the water.

hope that helps answer some questions. If you can make it, we’d love to meet you. Friday night for the dinner and boating on Sat and Sun morning would still be well worth it, in my mind.

Let me know if you have any questions.

dabomb6608

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We could potentially come up Friday earlier if I took a half day or even full day at work. We aren't into tow sports much so would hangout at the raftup majority of the time. It sounds like making it Friday and Saturday is a good idea. Once we get some scheduling for the summer planned we will decide if we can make it up for this. I'd really like to!