• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Every other boat forum I'm part of usually has at least a handful of the forum folks invited to their product release events each year. It really helps drive up the hype and like free marketing to their brands. I guess Yamaha is just stupid and way behind the times.

Since they don't intend to invite you any more, what did you see on a boat that concerned you enough to tell them about it?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Every other boat forum I'm part of usually has at least a handful of the forum folks invited to their product release events each year. It really helps drive up the hype and like free marketing to their brands. I guess Yamaha is just stupid and way behind the times.

Since they don't intend to invite you any more, what did you see on a boat that concerned you enough to tell them about it?
It was a topic that got LOTS of attention on the forum....I'll leave it at that. Really silly on their part....but their loss, and our members (their customers) loss too. I do hope they'll get over it....especially because at some point we do hope to expand this sort of relationship to the other Jetboat builders....and that would put Yamaha at a disadvantage. Not to mention that our tech for covering these events is getting better (can't wait to use my Drone to cover one!!!)

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a topic that got LOTS of attention on the forum....I'll leave it at that. Really silly on their part....but their loss, and our members (their customers) loss too. I do hope they'll get over it....especially because at some point we do hope to expand this sort of relationship to the other Jetboat builders....and that would put Yamaha at a disadvantage. Not to mention that out tech for covering these events is getting better (can't wait to use my Drone to cover one!!!)
My Mavic Pro is at the ready. . . . And I am getting pretty good with it if I do say so myself. . . .

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should go ahead and upgrade now this is a smoking deal. @veedubtek and I were talking about buying it as this is almost $30K under the value of the boat. We were going to just leave it in Florida and use it as a floating house down there and then run it deep into the Bahamas next year then bring it back to Charleston SC and sell it. Our conversation of buying it has gone quite so I think we are passing but the survey we saw showed it needed some elbow grease to clean her up some new fittings in various areas to get her back to clean condition and one 12X12 area need a small fiberglass repair. Nothing we saw in that report wasn't something a new owner couldn't do them selves except the fiberglass repair and you would have a boat worth close to $80K for probably in the low $50's maybe even less them that if you can get the price down a little.

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-silverton-33-convertible-103274969/?refSource=standard listing
First I have to dig through the couch to try to find the 400 bucks to repair my ecu in the post bimini household budget... Then I'll start digging thorough the cusions to try and find that 50k! Lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
First I have to dig through the couch to try to find the 400 bucks to repair my ecu in the post bimini household budget... Then I'll start digging thorough the cusions to try and find that 50k! Lol
Are you referring to fixing your spare ECU? I thought you'd gotten a replacement one and it was working already?

All I find in our couch is cheerios and tissues.... :-(

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem is its their legal department that are the ones being the idiots, and they tend to hold more sway than the marketing department. I'm pretty certain their marketing guys know just how much free press and good will they get from Jetboaters.net, but their hands are tied because legal is mad at us for suggesting that they might have had a legal issue (this was in a private email-that was only intended to draw attention to a problem we weren't sure they were aware of---and just to be clear we never threatened or even anything close to that...we just said something might be a legal issue...and they had a hissy fit). Although I do enjoy spending my PTO to go to these events...it makes the equation even worse, its not free coverage...it costs me to attend! The boatest/boating mag guys are paid to go to these events by their companies!
I have lived long enough to tell you there is such a thing as karma.

They are offended by this forum Administrators allowing honest discussion of some of the issues with their boats???

Take the AR240 tower fiasco, as a example. DUE TO INFORMATION POSTED IN THIS FORUM probably hundreds if not thousands of AR240 owners worldwide saved their towers from collapsing. By just being aware of the issue - potentially saving Yamaha millions of dollars in liability claims should something bad happen. As the owners know about the problem, it is easy to mitigate it with a simple mod, or extra vigilance - preventing broken bones or worse.
And Yamaha legal takes offense with that? Hmm...

Here is my 0.02:

Is their legal department good at what they are doing? In the short run, sure.

But...
taking the "it's not my problem" approach usually only goes so far.

--

Last edited:

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i would like to see the fsh 210 with the bigger twin engines or a bigger fsh. 23 footer??

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pretty sure they’ll come out with a 30’ plus cat with quad jets.

/theHullTruth

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I saw a post on Facebook where the guy said the non-disclosure expired the 14th.
Verified it with the dealer yesterday. The dealer meeting is on the 14th. I’ll post some pictures up when she sends them to me. Hope to have possession of the 2019 242x by late August.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Production will not be up to speed that quickly would they? I have seen future model year boats delivered in the previous year before, but was it ever that early like August?

Any details on what has changed? or can you just not find a 2018 in stock anywhere?

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Production will not be up to speed that quickly would they? I have seen future model year boats delivered in the previous year before, but was it ever that early like August?

Any details on what has changed? or can you just not find a 2018 in stock anywhere?
The dealer is placing their order that day. They told me it’ll be 2 weeks for delivery. Not sure if that is because they are the “largest dealer” of Yamahas or not but she sounded very sure and was very well versed. I found one 2018 left in Texas but it sold Saturday and between my trade and their price it was a $13k difference between their OTD price and my OTD price on a 2019 estimating it will sell for $75,000 nationally.

Not willing to spare the details right now as I feel like they are giving me a phenomenal deal and I don’t want to screw it up. I will definitely share it once I have the boat though. The dealer seems very willing to negotiate and they order hundreds every year and sell out before the summer.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The dealer is placing their order that day. They told me it’ll be 2 weeks for delivery. Not sure if that is because they are the “largest dealer” of Yamahas or not but she sounded very sure and was very well versed. I found one 2018 left in Texas but it sold Saturday and between my trade and their price it was a $13k difference between their OTD price and my OTD price on a 2019 estimating it will sell for $75,000 nationally.

Not willing to spare the details right now as I feel like they are giving me a phenomenal deal and I don’t want to screw it up. I will definitely share it once I have the boat though. The dealer seems very willing to negotiate and they order hundreds every year and sell out before the summer.
very willing to negotiate ?? sure it cannot be Phil Deal right....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I hear " We are the largest dealer......" Daily. I wonder who actually is the largest Yamaha dealer per volume in the US?

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
very willing to negotiate ?? sure it cannot be Phil Deal right....
I will not confirm nor deny wether it was Phil Dill or not, haha. At this point I don’t know what would kill the deal but again the numbers speak for themselves.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
lol

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Verified it with the dealer yesterday. The dealer meeting is on the 14th. I’ll post some pictures up when she sends them to me. Hope to have possession of the 2019 242x by late August.
Just an FYI ordered my 2017 early July 2016.. arrived Sept 6th... was told first 1 out the door...

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
They didn’t qualify that statement by any means. It could be in just Dallas/Fort Worth, lol
Must be just Texas, cause our local dealership, with 3 locations, claims to be the largest Yamaha dealership in the WORLD on their website. :D:D:D Would be a cool fact to know who/where is the largest by the numbers not just claims though.

Last edited: