• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Look what you get for $100K (aprox) No Rope Handle!! WOO WOO And those blue wings would make good arm rests/steps. Just need SeaDek and they are set. It's what's missing on our swimdecks.

Inked20190211_230727_LI.jpg

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Doesn't look like there's anything on the tops of those wings that would make them non-slip, if they were intended to be steps.
Might just be textured gelcoat, like the current 'step'.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't see a transom ski hook mount, and it doesn't look like you can hook a tow rope to the top of the tower. Even if it is a big boat for cruising, I would still think you want a way to hook up a tube and drag the kids around the lake.

62662D51-4716-449B-BC72-9408C02E5429.png

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
here is one more interesting possibility. What if the third cushion in with the flip back, had the ability to sled all the way to the stern, while the other two stern cushions could be moved internal? That would increase the under-way capacity exponentially.

The brochure talked about convertible seating. But that would be a huge conversion, if those two cushions per side could go inside, and that backrest could slide all the way back. WOW.

I will also wait for the grill mount for the blue wing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@biffdotorg There is no rope handle on my 242X either.

Wing Steps....I'm torn on them....I can see why they added them. Without them stepping from a higher dock down to the platform would be a long step for some.

The rear seats clearly have flip bolsters. If there are also fill cushions for that rear area, then they will have lots of people with trophy wives that will like that spot (can't wait for the model shots!).

It does look like they added all the space in the rear of the boat....like they just stretched the stern out by 2 feet - perhaps this is a rebuttal to the fold down stern?

That hard top looks great. Likely high enough that no one is going to come anywhere near it with their heads (mine is WAY clear of heads). Not clear if those are sky lights/moon roofs or solar panels? Would also be interesting to see if they put anything up under that roof....radio box, board straps etc.

Looks really interesting so far....can't wait to see it in person!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't see a transom ski hook mount, and it doesn't look like you can hook a tow rope to the top of the tower. Even if it is a big boat for cruising, I would still think you want a way to hook up a tube and drag the kids around the lake.
That might explain the cutout in the hardtop - rope attachment underneath?

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That might explain the cutout in the hardtop - rope attachment underneath?
Looks like it would be more for clearance for the walk-through.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like it would be more for clearance for the walk-through.
Yamaha not having a tow point under that top is almost unthinkable. I bet that cutout serves a dual purpose for the rope and extra walk through height. If walking up the middle it looks plenty high.

My earlier comment in the rear lounges assumes that the photos we have show them tilted it based on what I am seeing in the photos. My guess on the large rear panel on the top is fixed sunroof based on what I think is a rubber seal around it. I can’t see enough of the front to guess sun roof vs solar panel on that.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and another...
View attachment 87622

If you look at the rear seatbacks, you can see the metal brackets that will allow the backrest to swing to the rear. The picture has it in its forward position.
It looks like it slides on a track to go all the way back maybe.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those seat backs don’t look like they move very far to me, look at the fabric piping around the brackets. Doesn’t look like they would go back to that middle or rear cushion....surely they do somehow, I would hope so anyway.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like it slides on a track to go all the way back maybe.
In the original pdf photo the rear seat backs are in the rear position, just in front of the fuel fill

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like they move about one cushion worth.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can’t help but think the conversion between two of these tied up together would go like this :D

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What if instead of calling them blue things wings or steps they were “speaker pods”?

:mind blown:

Last edited:

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Most popular style of boat on our lake is pontoon or tritoon. I see more and more of them every year. This will appeal to people that want more hangout space but really aren't into driving a floating mini-van...and you get to keep your man card.

A midsized pontoon has a width of 8-10'. I do see people trailering them to the lake but I think a lot of them stay on the lake fulltime. And a pontoon is pretty heavy.

Anyway, I can see some people liking this boat.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So do we expect this counter and plumbed sink to run along the port side of the cockpit? If so, a lot of seating will be lost in the cockpit. Seems they are really touting that feature but haven’t seen the pics yet.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder if the sink and counter is in the enclosed head?
I have seen some small counter and sinks in boats.some Almost laughable