• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aft Bench seat flies open when pulling on highway w/o cover and stuff goes bye bye - 2020 fix for this

raptor319

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My aft bench seat, particularly starboard side, will open and anything light (ie hat; bags of chips etc) can easily fly out while towing boat at highway speeds. I just noticed some graphics of new 2020s and see they fixed this issue with a simple button down white strap. See attached pic. I would like to retro-fit my 2016 242 with this and looked online at 2020 parts scematic but do not see this part. Any ideas?snap.jpg

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My '19 is like this also, and the button doesn't snap on...I'm thinking of installing a lift support that will also protect from the kids slamming and/or letting the door fall down - as that has happened more times than I can count already on ALL the seats.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I take it you are not towing with a cover on? Maybe that will help in more than not letting you litter the highways ......

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2015 does not have a strap on any of the storage compartment seats but the only two times it has ever come open on me is when I pulled with the window open and not shut. I now always pull with the window closed. All of my regular trailering involves 70+ mph with no cover so I don't feel it's speed related.

As far as the center filler cushion, mine does have a strap from the factory. However it managed to pop lose once (window closed, cover off) and I almost lost the filler cushion. Miraculously found it on the swim deck when I stopped. Center filler cushion now gets stored under the seat, ironically the same starboard side one you have issue with.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Least you got hinged seats! I tried without a cover this summer and had to retrieve on the ramp from 80/94 westbound onto I65.
My local hardware store has snaps sets in stainless and the strap can be made easily from many materials

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Slide / lean the captains chairs all the way back. it will hold the bench seats down...

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's funny, I've got a '19 that has those straps, and I H-A-T-E them! Everyone, myself included, fails to fasten them at one point or another, and you end up with someone sitting on the cushion and the snap may or may not be lodged underneath the seat, getting smashed into the gelcoat. I tow with the mooring cover always on, so I was contemplating taking my snaps off, or re-using them with some other solution, mebbe industrial velcro or something else.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Took mine off on day one. Fixed a few circles of missing gelcoat on older boats from thoses.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's funny, I've got a '19 that has those straps, and I H-A-T-E them! Everyone, myself included, fails to fasten them at one point or another, and you end up with someone sitting on the cushion and the snap may or may not be lodged underneath the seat, getting smashed into the gelcoat. I tow with the mooring cover always on, so I was contemplating taking my snaps off, or re-using them with some other solution, mebbe industrial velcro or something else.
Strongly agree. I hate ‘em too.