• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Chris-MS , people use either of the below locations to launch and store their vehicle and trailer.

For lifting boat off trailer
Thunderboat Marine Center – N 26 04.100 W 080 10.200
2051 Griffin Road, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33312
http://www.thunderboatmarinecenter.com/

For launch directly off trailer
Harbour Towne Marina – N 26 03.280 W 080 07.500
801 Northeast Third Street, Dania Beach, Florida 33004
http://www.harbourtownemarina.net/
parking is $8 per day

Thunderboat Marine Center is up the Dania Cut from Harbour Towne, close to I95.
FTL map.JPG

Last edited:

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I unfortunately can't make the trip this year, however if some of you will be out on Sunday I will float by and have a few.

If anyone needs any local info hit me up.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thunderboat told me when I was confirming my reservation with them that they will not accommodate any other boats. It doesn't hurt to try, but don't count on them as your primary plan.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those that have not been to Harbour Towne Marina here is picture of the facility.

You come in on NE 3rd St and follow it all the way to the right of the picture. You will pass a couple of boat dealers and some repair business. Once there a security gaurd in a golf cart will come by to collect your payment and give you a parking pass. Last couple of times the fee has been $8 per day, make sure you have exact change, it makes it easier.

There is a nice bath house, labeled in the picture, on the way out of the facility. There is a parking lot across the street and due south of the boat house that you vehicle and boat will easily fit in. After a 2 to 3 hour boat ride and then an upcoming mulit-hour vehicle ride, having a shower before getting on the road is nice.

While your family/friends are getting cleaned up this is a good time for the captain of the boat to call US Customs to report your return.

If you have time, 30 minutes to an hour, after launching your boat go left out of the lauch area and go up the Dania Cut, you will be amazed at the boats in the various marina's. To get the the Bahia Mar you will turn right out of the marina.

Harbour Towne Marina 1.jpg

Attachments

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well alright @tim h keep us posted on the towing logistics you have going on, I'm curious. What's your crew looking like ?!!?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really don't want to steal Tims thunder, but this thing is so impressive, too damn bad!

View attachment 4057
OMYGAWD !!! that is not just awesome, I'll pull from my yankee roots and say its WICKED AWESOME.... what tows that thing? tacoma? ranger? caravan?
Is that Florida registration numbers on it ?

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
He bought it in FL so he just hasn't switched to registration numbers to WI. He has a GMC 2500 diesel.

I think we have a solution for hauling all our beer over!

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi eric,
Tims crew consist of me, my oldest daughter paige (hopefully), her friend kayla. Adam, carolyn, vinny, sarah, amy. Looks like we can haul alot of beer over on this baby. Enough to blind us all......tims gonna have to get out on lake michigan for some practice . Look forward to seeing all you guys again. Tracie h

The wifey was feeling I little left out =)

I just picked the boat up today. And heading home on Saturday. Getting permits tomorrow. .. All online, hope it doesn't take too long . The ole DURAMAX was getting about 10 mpg with the AC cranking as it hit 89 here in sunny Florida =)

Sooooo I am thinking I probly won't be needing to BUY any beer for myself. .... lol

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
WOW! Congratulations Tim! That is awesome. Is it just me or does it look a little bit like the Orca? Wish I were going back with you guys. I hope to see you there next year.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi @Chrissy !
sure thing myself @RobA and @waterboy are meeting up Saturday on rte 95 late morning. We expect to be staying the night just south of Savannah I believe. Then finishing the trip straight to the Harbor Towns marina Sunday afternoon. It'd make a short first day or long 1 day for you. @DieselCamel way join us as well.

I'm going to stir up the conversation with the them soon to check on timing and locations, I'll include you on the thread.

4 Yammi's convoying down the highway...we may be almost as impressive as @tim h ...and the same size !~!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im probably leaving MD around 6-7AM (Girls take forever...) and was planning on meeting the convoy at the Smithfield Walmart just off 95.

Walmart Supercenter
1299 N Brightleaf Blvd
Smithfield, NC 27577

I'll probably have to stop for gas and breakfast (to go of course) so that will put me there between 11:30 and 12:30PM (Pending traffic). Then we are staying at one of the hotels off 95 just south of Savanna. (~4.5 hours from the Walmart)

Here is one of them...
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah South

11 Gateway Blvd E
Savannah, GA 31419

Here is my route:

Click-Link

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You must have been reading my mind. I was wanting to get that part set up and book hotels for the trip down. I have tons of Holiday Inn points so I will probably book right next door then.

I am using Hilton points for the Bahia Mar hotel so life is good!!!

By the way, was down in Lauderdale this week. Drove past the marina, customs, etc. Man am I anxious to get going!!!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I still plan on doing the Pirate Republic Bar for late lunch/early dinner on Sunday afternoon if anyone wants to join us. Their dock won't fit more than five or six boats though. There is a water taxi that stops at the bar too, but I'm not sure of the schedule or cost.

Captains meeting around 7 pm I'm thinking at the Bahia Mar bar.

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking forward to following this thread along with you all. We are staying at the Sands on June 27th, and heading back to the states on the 28th. Maybe we can tag along on the trip back, or catch up with you guys and hear some good stories from the week.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PreciousMetals, How are you getting back and forth to Bimini?

Are you planning to make the trip over on your own?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This reminds me... did tw00155 from the other site make it over here?

He was going the 20th-26th... I believe...

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am actually going over on the 14th to Bimini, then the Berry Islands, then Nassau, and then down to Georgetown in Exuma. We spent a week in the Exumas about five years ago and it is unbelievable (did not have a boat at the time though). Stay there a week and then head back to Staniel Cay, then Nassau, then Chub Cay, then Bimini, then FL. This was a long answer to your short question, but I will be traveling with family all the way, but no other boats at this time.