• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke with bimini cove as far as reservations for pool condos she recommends reserving through airbnb.
i guess they don’t have a lot in the pool?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I spoke with bimini cove as far as reservations for pool condos she recommends reserving through airbnb.
Is it obvious which condos are Bimini Cove "Pool" condos????

The pool has 35 condos. They were not able to get private owners to join the pool (perhaps some did?). I guess if their approach is....look on Airbnb....what value is that???

Last edited:

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I
I hope this helps someone out...

At only $75 this is a really good sale price on a great item that is perfect for this trip (and to have on the boat any other time):

NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box

I also purchased the case with it.

No affiliation, blah, blah, blah...
Have one similar that I keep in my boat. I've used it to jump other people's boats off numerous times. And jumped mine off at the boat ramp after leaving something on and running the batteries dead.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Who are my ferry crossing veterans? We have nine in our party most of which will be crossing on the ferry. Question...

Do I need to be in hurry to purchase tickets? Does the ferry ever sell out? Does the price fluctuate like airline tickets? Any advantage to waiting to purchase these tickets? What is the lowdown?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We would love to join this group. We are a family of four and this will be our first trip. We are already booked at Bimini Cove. We also have reservations at Bahia Mar. Thank you for considering us.
I've added you to the main list and the private conversation. Please fill out the spreadsheet on post 1 of the private conversation.

doublej3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I'm getting a head start this year and we have already booked our trip for Bimini in 2021. We will be departing Bahia Mar Sunday June 27 to cross to Bimini and will be returning on Friday July 2nd. We are staying at Resort World this year as I have a bunch of family joining me who are not very keen on being on the boat all day so at least over there they will have other things to do while I out on the boat. All are welcome to join us but this will be a loosely organized trip more of a group crossing. I will tag a few who maybe interested in joining and if you are interested let me know in this thread and I will try to keep track of who is going. If you do book lodging make sure they have a good cancellation policy as we never know right now with all the things going on if the trip will be allowed.

Here are a few key points to think about.
  • As the Captain you are responsible for your boat and crew to safely make it to Bimini and back to Ft Lauderdale, this is your priority #1 assisting other boaters comes second.
  • All on board your boat must be able to sit comfortably behind the windshield. Do not plan on having anyone sit in the bow area, in my 12 legs to and from the Bahamas (6 trips), only once has the conditions been nice enough to sit in the bow.
  • All heavy cargo should be secured behind the windshield, either secured on the deck or in under seat storage areas.
  • Unless your anchor locker is heavily padded or you are extremely confident your anchor is secured in the anchor locker, for the crossings pull the anchor from anchor locker and secure in an under seat storage area, it will not be needed on the crossing. Anchors in the anchor locker have punctured through hulls during past trips.
Once you and your crew have decided you want to join our June trip, here is a list of things you need to get done.

Outline of key items for the trip that you need to do.
  1. Each person will need a passport
  2. Room reservation at the Bahia Mar Hotel,
  3. Slip reservation at the Bahia Mar Marina with launch location
  4. Condo reservation at Bimini Sands, Resort World or somewhere else of your choosing
  5. Filling out the Bahamas customs form
  6. Filling out a Bahamas Immigration form
  7. Clearing US Customs and Border Protection
@Bimini @veedubtek @Andy S @1948Isaac @tim h @Bruce @Wisefam22 @DieselCamel @swatski @Shookie @Jack Long @Mainah @ThatJeepGuy @Berrie @bronze_10 @Gofish206 @Ramblin Wreck

Confirmed Participants
  1. @robert843
  2. @veedubtek
  3. @B0at1n
  4. @tim h
  5. @Babin Farms
  6. @Nexus
  7. @Gofish206
  8. @D_Booker
  9. @Bizywk
  10. @James R Whitten
  11. @Slapjaw
  12. @Valerie
  13. @Julian
  14. @Five Faces
  15. @VaMarine
  16. @Jutzi
  17. @Gerry R
  18. @Amar Nanduri
  19. @jayasaki138
  20. @ifly4fun
  21. @svana
  22. @jctaylor
  23. @Papa Erp
  24. @Lee H
  25. @ThatJeepGuy
  26. @Skroggy66
  27. @Wes Walley

Can't Make it now:
How can I get added to this group? We have made reservations in Bimini for this time period and would like to join this group on the crossing.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How can I get added to this group? We have made reservations in Bimini for this time period and would like to join this group on the crossing.
Thanks
Added to the main list and the private conversation. Welcome!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, I just got off the phone with GEICO looking to switch from Progressive since they didn't cover the Bahamas - only to be told that they don't cover anything smaller than 26', regardless of traveling with a group or anything. I could've sworn that GEICO/BoatUS covered, but they said it hasn't been the case for a few years now. I guess the search continues - If anybody that's FL based that has a recommendation, I'm all ears.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Last time I was there the third floor was still open and exposed
Can’t wait to see the progress in person! 💞💞💞

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, I just got off the phone with GEICO looking to switch from Progressive since they didn't cover the Bahamas - only to be told that they don't cover anything smaller than 26', regardless of traveling with a group or anything. I could've sworn that GEICO/BoatUS covered, but they said it hasn't been the case for a few years now. I guess the search continues - If anybody that's FL based that has a recommendation, I'm all ears.
State Farm covers Bahamas, but my local agent wouldn’t cover consequential damages which is a deal breaker for me since that is the most likely scenario for a total loss. One failed sea-cock or boat plug due to wear and tear and your boat ends up on the bottom of the lake and your not covered. I wish my local agent would cover consequential damages like every other marine insurance I’ve owned as I would switch in a heartbeat.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ferry does not get sold sold out on a regular basis, but I will not wait until the moment to buy the ticket. Once you have everything set up you might as well buy the ferry. One the times I had to buy I had to get a premium seat because the economy one was sold out.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need to talk to your progressive agent. From my understanding they will cover up to certain distance off the coast of the US. Which should be able to cover you to Bimini and a little further. So insurance companies also allow a clause for a special occasion or something you don't do often and include the Bahamas.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whatever coverage your insurance says you must see it in writing saying “ Bahamas” . There cases were you covered up to 75 miles from US mainland and you think Bahamas is covered but because it is another country you are not.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Need to talk to your progressive agent. From my understanding they will cover up to certain distance off the coast of the US. Which should be able to cover you to Bimini and a little further. So insurance companies also allow a clause for a special occasion or something you don't do often and include the Bahamas.
Whatever coverage your insurance says you must see it in writing saying “ Bahamas” . There cases were you covered up to 75 miles from US mainland and you think Bahamas is covered but because it is another country you are not.
@Betik is correct. Progressive specifically stated they won’t cover foreign waters (aka Bahamas) even if it’s within the 75mi unless your boat’s over 26’. I did call State Farm and they’re pretty much double the price as Progressive for me.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is what State Farm sent me with regard to boundary...

Bahamas Boundry.jpg

Unfortunately State Farm wouldn't offer consequential damages, I'm not sure if this is specific to the local agent I talked with or if this applies to everyone with State Farm. That's one scupper valve failure away from a potential total loss that isn't covered. They also wouldn't offer freeze protection. I have had BOTH of these coverages on ALL my boats for the past 25 years, shocked they won't offer it, I wish they did, I'd pay more to switch to them.