• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Much has been posted about problems with the 2015-16 Shoreland'r trailers. In particular, some fenders and fender mounting brackets are cracking. Vibration is probably the root cause, and many on the forum have decided to switch from the bias ply tires to radials in order to get a smoother ride.
I don't know anything about tires, so I called Shoreland'r to tell them that, although I was happy that they were going to replace my cracked fender and mounting bracket, I was still concerned that it would just happen again unless the root cause was corrected. I told them that the only sources of vibration were the road surface and the wheels/tires. I told them that the side with the cracked fender seemed to vibrate much more than the side that was not cracked. I asked them if the wheels were balanced. They told me to call Carlisle directly to discuss this because they didn't deal with tire/wheel questions.
I called Carlstar at 1-800-260-7959
I was really just looking to learn more about the tires that were on my trailer. I learned that they are not balanced. I asked if I should replace the bias ply with radials. I asked if there was any significance to the tire spec'd on the trailer plate: ST215/75R/D14C. I learned that the "R" means radial, yet the trailer was fitted with bias ply. I also learned that Carlisle has recently changed from bias ply to radials for the Shoreland'r trailers.
Ask me how happy I was when this skid holding 5 brand new mounted radials arrived from Carlisle today?
Carlisle.jpg

For FREEEEEEEEEEEE!
Yup, they sent me a free set of radials.

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice. Any chance you can post the sticker from your trailer for reference?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I feel sorry to the customer service reps at Carlisle. They are probably wondering what in the world just happened as they try to field an entire years worth of phone calls in one day.
Now I will need to go check my sticker as well too just in case this applies to 2014 trailers too.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If my fenders weren't shaking and cracking, I wouldn't have pursued this. I hope that it fixes the vibration. I think that I'll take the wheels to a tire shop first to have them balanced.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's from my 2013 boat, but 2014 trailer (21 ft) for reference. So looks like I might be in the same situation? I haven't noticed any vibration yet, but I will keep a closer eye now...

20160815_153245.jpg

Does anyone have a link to the other post or details where to look for the failure point on the fender bracket?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel sorry to the customer service reps at Carlisle. They are probably wondering what in the world just happened as they try to field an entire years worth of phone calls in one day.
Now I will need to go check my sticker as well too just in case this applies to 2014 trailers too.
Carlisle customer service is probably wondering who the heck MrMoose is by now.

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Subscribed. Calling them (Carlisle) tomorrow as my trailer is having the fender problem and support arm problem on BOTH sides.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MrMoose what is interesting is your sticker has "R/D" which I assumes you could have either radials or bias ply tires? My sticker on my 2014 is just the R, like what rightstuff has pic of. But I have the bias ply "D" tires. First the bow roller now this!!! Why would they put a different tire then what sticker lists? Seems strange. I guess the accountants out voted the lawyers on that one.

Well at least I learned something today. I always thought that "R" meant "rim". As in the number after the R is the rim size. R14 is Rim14. :facepalm:

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't seem to find my tire size sticker on my trailer. I have two broken fender mounts and cracked diamond plate on both sides and I have the bias ply tires.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got off the phone and they are sending me a warranty claim for the bias ply. Should be getting a set of 5 radials soon.

I will update when I have more info.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chip F. My plate is on the main frame, drivers side, inside facing. I have to crawl underneath the trailer to see it.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got off the phone and they are sending me a warranty claim for the bias ply. Should be getting a set of 5 radials soon.

I will update when I have more info.
@Rob9550, can you give more details so that others can follow your approach? I know of one member who got a customer service representative who was unaware of the issue.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rob9550, can you give more details so that others can follow your approach? I know of one member who got a customer service representative who was unaware of the issue.
I called and spoke to a rep and let them know what issues I was having with the vibrations. I told her that I was on the forums and a few members were having the same issues with the bias ply tires. I informed her that my trailer placard called for radial. She then sent me the forms and I filled them out and sent it back. Still waiting to hear back.