• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Communication With Yamaha help

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Over the past 5 months I've read various post outlining the frustrations of poor communication from Yamaha.
My story - 195S deposit 8/27. I see other 195S deliveries with deposits way after my Aug date. How does that make sense? I now see some with deposits flat out told late here in January that their deposits will be returned, no boat. My dealer still states I'm on a confirmed list and not to worry. Really.
Hoping someone you can convey the email contact or cell number for Bob Star or Jackie Dew. Or any other contacts. My dealer refused to give me any contact info but stated he would have his Yamaha rep call me. Of course this hasn't happened. Thanks in advance for any help.

IMO, deliveries are based on allocations to dealers. Bigger and higher volume dealers get their allocations prioritized. If your dealer is not one those big volume dealers, the delay is likely due to that but he is not going to tell this of course. My 2 cents.

IMO, deliveries are based on allocations to dealers. Bigger and higher volume dealers get their allocations prioritized. If your dealer is not one those big volume dealers, the delay is likely due to that but he is not going to tell this of course. My 2 cents.
malmana's dealer is the biggest Yamaha dealer in VA, don't know how that compares in the big scheme of things. My dealer also in VA and is about 40 mins from his and I'm in the same boat no pun intended..

malmana's dealer is the biggest Yamaha dealer in VA, don't know how that compares in the big scheme of things. My dealer also in VA and is about 40 mins from his and I'm in the same boat no pun intended..
Yep Holly Acres is a huge volume dealer . My concern is they have already sold several 195S and I'm the last one out.

I cannot imagine Yamaha reprioritizing a boat that was meant for another dealer to go to your dealer for you. If you can find your bot to another dealer, can you pull your deposit and go the other dealer ? If not I believe you wait for that boat to come. Not that this is right but you will get it before voting season starts in VA

My guess is that you'll be fine since you've already put a deposit down and are a verified buyer. If Yamaha is reducing deliveries to dealers, they'll drop them from unsold units first (yours is sold). I have to assume the dealer is delivering them as he gets them to the first buyers first. Just keep the communication lines open.

Yep Holly Acres is a huge volume dealer . My concern is they have already sold several 195S and I'm the last one out.

Maybe the others were ahead of you line?

Back