• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Comms Warnings

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Well, I didn't even get my brand new 252SD into the water when it threw a warning for "Communication lost with Transducer" followed by "Communication lost with Joystick". FFS!
Any hints on how to self-diagnose / repair? If not, I'm going to ride it out thru summer and drag it 80 miles to the dealer in winter.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, I didn't even get my brand new 252SD into the water when it threw a warning for "Communication lost with Transducer" followed by "Communication lost with Joystick". FFS!
Any hints on how to self-diagnose / repair? If not, I'm going to ride it out thru summer and drag it 80 miles to the dealer in winter.
If the codes do not clear by simply turning the battery switches off for 10 mins then back on, try disconnecting the battery grounds for 30 mins or so then reattach and turn the power back on.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It has also been my experience in the early days of owning my boat that I had sucked up some grass and got an over heat alarm that quickly turned into an alarm that would come back every 5 mins with a notification to take the boat to the dealer. I drove the boat around for a while, cycled the battery switches a few times, then was resigned to having to make the 320 mile drive to the closest dealer as I pulled up to the dock. I tied up and went and got my truck / trailer and backed down into the water, when I got in the boat to put it on the trailer the alarms were gone and have not seen them since, that was two years and 195 hours ago. To be fair, my boat is not as electronically sophisticated as yours is. But sometimes things work themselves out on there own.

Gap22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the Transducer alarm a few weeks ago on my 2022 AR 190. I cut off the engine and the cranked it back up after 30 seconds. Alarm was gone and haven't seen it since. Been out three or four times since then without incident.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So it appears from your other post you had it out on the water…. Did the comm errors go away?

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So it appears from your other post you had it out on the water…. Did the comm errors go away?
I'm going to go back down there this week and do some troubleshooting. The comm errors were still there when I tied her off, but I was in a hurry to get off the water due to an impeding storm.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I wanted to follow up with results so folks with future issues will see this. Indeed, after leaving it on the trickle charge all alarms are cleared and the Connext works perfectly. Low voltage was the issue.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got an overheat alarm on my starboard engine a couple seasons back (running on the hose at the decon station). Once I got it into the lake, it would trip the audible alarm every 5 minutes. After much research I learned that it'll take 3-5 "trips" to clear that alarm (it'll still show an overheat until it's cleared by the TDS) and for it to silence.

By trips...I learned that you have to shut the batteries off for an extended period of time. At the time, I turned both batteries off and unhooked the ground from them to completely kill the system and left them over night. I did this a couple of nights and it cleared.