• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cover between Clean Out Ports

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I made mine out of 2 cutting boards as well.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I made mine out of 2 cutting boards as well.
I can't say enough how much I love the blue. Really, any color other than white, because it's easy to point out what you're talking about, to someone unfamiliar with the cleanout tray - "it's the hatch on top of the blue oval".

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
LoL, the boat is blue, the cutting boards are cheap.. it was an easy decision. I like how it turned out.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have any tips/tricks to getting the large bilge access tray off? I've taken the clamps off the ports and all the screws out but it seems that it's glued or something to the ports themselves. I don't want to pull too hard because I feel like I'll pull the port right off the bottom connection.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone have any tips/tricks to getting the large bilge access tray off? I've taken the clamps off the ports and all the screws out but it seems that it's glued or something to the ports themselves. I don't want to pull too hard because I feel like I'll pull the port right off the bottom connection.
There are the hose clamps for the cleanout tubes and the drain, but they are also silicone in the hoses too, I had to use a screwdriver around the hoses to get them out. The tray is also silicon in too. The tray can leak even with silicone. I used neoprene weatherstripping on mine since I seem to get in there frequently.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are the hose clamps for the cleanout tubes and the drain, but they are also silicone in the hoses too, I had to use a screwdriver around the hoses to get them out. The tray is also silicon in too. The tray can leak even with silicone. I used neoprene weatherstripping on mine since I seem to get in there frequently.
Yeah it’s definitely free around the edges where the screws were. It’s the actual spot where they sit in the ports that won’t move. I’ll try with a thin scraper and see if I can free it.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah it’s definitely free around the edges where the screws were. It’s the actual spot where they sit in the ports that won’t move. I’ll try with a thin scraper and see if I can free it.
I stuck my hand down the cleanout port with a flat head screwdriver and worked my way around the top inside edge with that to break it loose.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The rubber tubes are supposed to be adhered with silicone as well as the tray itself. If you have run something under your cleanout tray to break the tray seal, the silicone on the tubes should be the only thing left holding it on, since you undid the hose clamps. Remember to re-silicone them when installing again.8

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The rubber tubes are supposed to be adhered with silicone as well as the tray itself. If you have run something under your cleanout tray to break the tray seal, the silicone on the tubes should be the only thing left holding it on, since you undid the hose clamps. Remember to re-silicone them when installing again.8
Especially with the "blow by" of water with the newer design of the clean out plug seal that we have been seeing lately. Mine may have been hard to install or pull out but a dab of silicone grease from our swimming pool tools would always fix that. I never had water sitting on the plugs caused by blow by. This is the stuff I used on the plugs. https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SPX0327-1-Ounce-Jacks-Multilube/dp/B00CG4GMTG/ref=asc_df_B00CG4GMTG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198069309089&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17688682848969841062&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003034&hvtargid=pla-350620587513&th=1&psc=1

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length