• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Check again. It is the rate per million people. It is already adjusted for population. Unfortunately we are doing the worst and choosing to do so.
Oh cool! Didn't see the per million!

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
There is no need for rumors and disinformation.
Not a rumor or disinformation when it is done right in front of me.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think our high rates are due in part because we have politicized getting vaccinated and we have some media sources convincing people (unfortunately) that things aren't as bad as the government makes them out to be. Couple this with a more contagious strain of the virus, and its no wonder our rates are so high.

My wife and I don't want to catch even a mild case of Covid and potentially be ill for a couple of days (we have too much to do right now), so when we meet with our construction supervisor at our new home tomorrow we will be wearing KN95 masks. This is quite a change from two months ago when we last met and we were maskless, but the current variant appears to be airborne and is much more contagious that the previous strains. Hopefully, the next strain won't be so contagious.

Jim

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jim_in_Delaware, the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences found a R0 of 17 for Omicron. That is similar to measles while Alpha was around 1.4 and Delta a little over 3. Are you seeing any R0 numbers at a federal level?

For anyone wondering what I am talking about an R0 of 17 would have the average infected person infecting 17 others. For Influenza the R0 typically is around 1.2.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a rumor or disinformation when it is done right in front of me.
Do you happen to remember what type of test? That is inconsistent with any FDA approved or authorized test.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Friends dad work for pfizer. Abbott BinaxNOW got them from work.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Friends dad work for pfizer. Abbott BinaxNOW got them from work.
If true your friend must have gotten some special tests to waste.

Antigen tests are less sensitive than PCR which often results in false negatives.

False positives are quite rare with contamination being the most likely cause.

For example "Twelve false-positive BinaxNOW results (out of 2,308 tests) were observed; in all 12, the test bands were faint but otherwise normal and were noted by both readers." https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/JCM.00083-21

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
If true your friend must have gotten some special tests to waste.

Antigen tests are less sensitive than PCR which often results in false negatives.

False positives are quite rare with contamination being the most likely cause.

For example "Twelve false-positive BinaxNOW results (out of 2,308 tests) were observed; in all 12, the test bands were faint but otherwise normal and were noted by both readers."
Nothing special about them. They give them to employees if needed.
We made sure to follow directions very carefully. Don't touch test strip, 6 drops, don't touch tip of swab, etc.
Life is always left up to chance. I am glad to see that the 90% CI had success... not as successful as Guinness!

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
It is easy to understand why we are doing so poorly but hard to understand why many of us want to make this worse.

View attachment 169741
I don’t see Israel on the chart. They are 12 times higher than they were 1 week ago, and the highest they have been since July of last year (back when they had the highest transmission rate in the world). No one likes to include them in charts, because they have terrible transmission rates, while also being the most vaccinated country on the planet. The CEO of Pfizer also admitted that the 2 dose vaccine offered little to no protection against transmission, and the booster only offers “moderate” protection against hospitalization, but are now working on a 1.1 vaccine. My family is vaccinated, but everyone we know who now has contracted covid, are all triple poked. My neighbor (also triple poked) was just taken by ambulance to the er due to covid complications. He contracted covid less than 30 days from the booster, so will likely be counted as “non vaccinated”. The term “non vaccinated” is now being applied to the boosted who contract covid shortly after. You really can’t believe a damn thing you hear about the numbers. I didn’t used to think that.

Last edited:

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Israel said 4th booster had zero affect on O. Guess the immune system has had enough

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mesa50, I am not immediately seeing hospitalization numbers for Israel however looking at deaths per million people their highly vaccinated country is doing much better than ours.

Vaccines do not prevent infection. They train the immune system to fight after infection. That likely is the largest misunderstanding of this pandemic. On the positive side hospitalization and death from Omicron is much lower among the vaccinated.

C0B458AB-9FE1-4054-B164-45C90B94C913.jpeg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t see Israel on the chart. They are 12 times higher than they were 1 week ago, and the highest they have been since July of last year (back when they had the highest transmission rate in the world). No one likes to include them in charts, because they have terrible transmission rates, while also being the most vaccinated country on the planet. The CEO of Pfizer also admitted that the 2 dose vaccine offered little to no protection against transmission, and the booster only offers “moderate” protection against hospitalization, but are now working on a 1.1 vaccine. My family is vaccinated, but everyone we know who now has contracted covid, are all triple poked. My neighbor (also triple poked) was just taken by ambulance to the er due to covid complications. He contracted covid less than 30 days from the booster, so will likely be counted as “non vaccinated”. The term “non vaccinated” is now being applied to the boosted who contract covid shortly after. You really can’t believe a damn thing you hear about the numbers. I didn’t used to think that.
Israel is far from the most vaccinated country on the planet, they don't even make the top 20 last I checked they were around 65% fully vaccinated. Lots of ultra conservative jews refusing on religious grounds and then congregating together. (rank around 70th in reporting countries)

I agree on what one "hears".....so many sources producing BS that one has to routinely do one's own fact checking to see if what one hears holds water!

Last edited:

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Israel is far from the most vaccinated country on the planet, they don't even make the top 20 last I checked they were around 65% fully vaccinated. Lots of ultra conservative jews refusing on religious grounds and then congregating together. (rank around 70th in reporting countries)

I agree on what one "hears".....so many sources producing BS that one has to routinely do one's own fact checking to see if what one hears holds water!
As of today, Israel is at 90% first dose, and 82% second dose, making them one of the highest percentages in the world. Your last check must have been a while. They’ve been leading the world for a while.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
What I am seeing in the numbers being followed is the US may have peaked. Probably will know in the next few days. Both my wife and I have worked thru Omnicron last week, me with only a very brief fever and slightly runny nose and her with initial heavy nasal conjestion, head ache and very brief loss of taste. My P-AC daughter caught it from the office most likely and she was seeing many Covid like symptom patients. Hope the numbers continue down. Here in my parts Covid tests can still be found at Walgreen's and Rite-Aids depending on the day. Stay well!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What I am seeing in the numbers being followed is the US may have peaked. Probably will know in the next few days. Both my wife and I have worked thru Omnicron last week, me with only a very brief fever and slightly runny nose and her with initial heavy nasal conjestion, head ache and very brief loss of taste. My P-AC daughter caught it from the office most likely and she was seeing many Covid like symptom patients. Hope the numbers continue down. Here in my parts Covid tests can still be found at Walgreen's and Rite-Aids depending on the day. Stay well!
The US is too big and diverse to peak as a whole. While some places may have peaked others may have not. We certainly are still seeing a steady rise in the north Atlanta suburbs.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As of today, Israel is at 90% first dose, and 82% second dose, making them one of the highest percentages in the world. Your last check must have been a while. They’ve been leading the world for a while.
I suspect that you are looking at different populations than Julian.

From Haaretz, an Israeli newspaper, "40 percent of Israelis have no protection against COVID omicron variant: 1 million refused the booster while just 110,000 out of 1.2 million young kids got the vaccine...According to the Health Ministry, as of Saturday just over 58 percent of eligible Israelis over the age of five are fully vaccinated, meaning that they have received three doses or are within a six-month window following their second dose. A further 9.3 percent are double-vaccinated but have allowed more than six months to pass without getting a booster shot, while 32.4 percent are unvaccinated..."

Jim

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I suspect that you are looking at different populations than Julian.

From Haaretz, an Israeli newspaper, "40 percent of Israelis have no protection against COVID omicron variant: 1 million refused the booster while just 110,000 out of 1.2 million young kids got the vaccine...According to the Health Ministry, as of Saturday just over 58 percent of eligible Israelis over the age of five are fully vaccinated, meaning that they have received three doses or are within a six-month window following their second dose. A further 9.3 percent are double-vaccinated but have allowed more than six months to pass without getting a booster shot, while 32.4 percent are unvaccinated..."

Jim
Also, the article you provided is counting people who have not received their third and fourth boosters in the unprotected category. Back in June and July of last year, Israel was counted as the highest vaccinated country in the world, while also having the fastest transmission rate in the world by August. The article you provided makes it look like if you don’t take vaccines like vitamins, you lose your vaccination status.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Also, the article you provided is counting people who have not received their third and fourth boosters in the unprotected category. Back in June and July of last year, Israel was counted as the highest vaccinated country in the world, while also having the fastest transmission rate in the world by August. The article you provided makes it look like if you don’t take vaccines like vitamins, you lose your vaccination status. It appears as though people who were pro vaccine and believed the vaccine companies unreliable information on protection, have begun to become disillusioned and are not getting boosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.