• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dock Fender PSI (pressure)?

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I just ordered some Norestar dock fenders and they came in the mail today. They come deflated, which I was expecting, but there is no info in the box (or on the website) on what psi to inflate them to. So, I called anchoring.com and asked them and they didn't know either, even though they sold them to me and said it's THEIR product that they have manufactured. The customer service lady said "good question, someone asked that recently and no one here knew the answer".:mad: She said fill it up to what it feels like it should be for a comfortable "feel"......:bored: Maybe I'm dumb but I wasn't born with the natural instinct of having calibrated arms that can squeeze a boat fender and know if it "feels comfortable" for a fender. I got it, I'm thinking way to much into this but my point is this.....if you make a product, shouldn't you know how to recommend it's design/specified use to your customers? We all know businesses these days and how they will not back their product if you didn't use it properly. So, if I were to over inflate it and it popped, they would probably tell me I had it over inflated and therefore not honor replacing it. Suggestions?

I'd say its not much over ambient air pressure. I've seen Taylor fenders suggest 1-2psi. Not sure why it would be any different for yours. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd say its not much over ambient air pressure. I've seen Taylor fenders suggest 1-2psi. Not sure why it would be any different for yours. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow really? That's nothing. Huh. Who knew?

Roger that guys. Thanks. I'll just wing it.

dont forget the air pressure will expand in warmer temps, I just pumped mine till i could squeeze them but still firm.

What are you guys crazy?!?!?!? You need to fill them when it is 70 degrees and 70% humidity with filtered and water separated air to a precise 3.2567 PSI. ;););););););)

Just kidding, just fill them to where they are not too stiff with enough give not to let the boat/s hit each other or a dock when rocked. I simple bicycle hand pump is more then enough and you can even bring it with you if you fill it is under inflated.

Don't forget to use nitrogen so they don't leak down , Oh wait the atmosphere is 78 percent nitrogen so if the molecules of nitrogen are large enough to plug microscopic holes one would deduce the nitrogen already in the air would get the job done and paying for it is a fools errand.
Yet they sold people NITROGEN damn . Some People will believe anything. Ok so get a basketball needle and place it in the valve to allow the fender to fill itself, when it is in the proper shape remove the needle . you now have 14.7 pounds of atmospheric pressure in it at sea level lol,

Last edited:
Make sure you only fill them with nitrogen... :winkingthumbsup"

Back