• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drive on floating lift/dock

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking for lift options for the 210. Anyone using one of these plastic floating drive on style docks? Just curious how easy it is to get on and off being the boat is a jet vs OB?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Once the back end of the boat is on there you will have 0 thrust either direction, so unless it has rollers or something I don't see it coming back off easily. An outboard sticks down below the hull, so even on the floating dock you can still get thrust. These work fine for jet ski's, but they don't weight 3000 lbs either.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had the jetski drive on docks. Worked great, much quicker and easier than lifts.

@jetboater4life has it for his boat.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I watched a guy on a Jet Ski pull up on one of those and just unclip his kill switch and walk up to his rear patio. I thought to myself, man that guy knows how to live life right. Looked so smooth and effortless.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've seen a few folks around town that have them with jet boats and they do have rollers on them however they were the 19-ft model so a bit lighter. With a jet being out of the water that was my concern as well as to how am I going to get that thing off but I'm assuming it must not be as bad as I'm thinking but have not been able to talk to anybody face to face to actually find out how difficult it is

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is my current setup. The owner of the campground that allows me to have a dock wants everything to be ez-dock so connecting everything is easy. Floating docks are a must as the lake I boat on can go up and down several feet depending on rainfall. I have a BP-5001 boat port with a tank underneath to lift it off. The jetski sits on an EZ-port 2i. The EZ-port 2i was designed for the yamaha fx ho's and works great. The BP-5000 is easy to drive onto and takes 1-2 minutes to fill the air bladder underneath to raise the back end out of the water. The boat can be difficult to push off, but that depends on how far I drive it on. To get my TV fins out of the water I have to drive it one a ways. Then to get it off it takes two strong people to lift and push it off.

Attachments

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is my current setup. The owner of the campground that allows me to have a dock wants everything to be ez-dock so connecting everything is easy. Floating docks are a must as the lake I boat on can go up and down several feet depending on rainfall. I have a BP-5001 boat port with a tank underneath to lift it off. The jetski sits on an EZ-port 2i. The EZ-port 2i was designed for the yamaha fx ho's and works great. The BP-5000 is easy to drive onto and takes 1-2 minutes to fill the air bladder underneath to raise the back end out of the water. The boat can be difficult to push off, but that depends on how far I drive it on. To get my TV fins out of the water I have to drive it one a ways. Then to get it off it takes two strong people to lift and push it off.

I recognize that waverunner!

I forgot to tell you, you may want to put a towel on the windshield under the cover.

Otherwise the logo of the cover will create a "shadow" on it (you may be able to see a light one that was created before I noticed it happening).

Last edited:

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian
Do you still have your bags for your dock? Was looking at them yesterday.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 190 had an auto sense switch. Not a fan. Lasted all but a year and had to replace. Would prefer the old style float switch. But with with liner not an option.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the docks shown is what was meant by the OP, but I want to share the air bladder lift I’m using this year as it is a hybrid between those and the more common cable lift with bunks.

This uses hard plastic air bladders with separate controls for each corner, so I can tilt it however I want and compensate or shift the boat if I don’t dock perfectly level. It also has platforms on each bladder so I can get around all sides of the boat to clean it and board the boat easier. My picture isn’t that great as I was trying to capture how the TV interacted with the bunks. If interested I can take more, better pictures.

I’d like to enter reverse in, but I’m sure the TVs would hang up on the bunks, as they don’t submerge enough to clear them and could easily push them the wrong way.
1596369764243.jpeg

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I actually purchased a used system yesterday a hydro hoist.older system way overkill will support up to 9,000 lb but the price was right it was in the same marina and they moved it for me about an hour after I made the purchase yesterday. Just spent three hours getting the bottom all cleaned off.And I had just cleaned it three weeks ago but with the warm temperatures that garbage grows quick

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The drive on floating docks are crazy expensive. I was quoted $9000. And finding a used one in my area nearly impossible. But will say best money I've ever spent on the boat.