• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SWAG FLAGS!!!!! Opinions before I order in bulk

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have checked with multiple flag companies (9 total) and all of them start with white material and digitally print it whatever color. About 90% of the color/design does show through to the other side. A run of 50 - 12x18" will end up being around $10 per flag. A run of 12 - 2'x3' will end up being around $30 per flag. One company says they use UV resistant ink, the others do not specify. The UV resistant ink flag place costs $18 per 12x18 flag as a run of 50. So........

Logo #6 is in the voting lead with almost double the votes currently. Our options for 50 flags in bulk are:
#6 logo on a black background with UV resistant ink = $18 per flag
#6 logo on a black background cheapest option = $6-9 per flag (you could get 2 or 3 at this price to have backups if they fade, tear, etc) <- MY VOTE
#6 logo on a white background, same pricing

jb_logo_6_on_blk.jpg

I would like to get this order together soon because the flag company needs about 2-3 weeks for production. And I do not want to have any issues with receiving them before the big Bimini trip.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love the red obviously.....but Ill go with the black or white background. Black looks better IMO, but Ill go with the flow

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like both and will buy whatever you purchase. Not sure how many you planned on ordering, but have you considered 50 of 1 color and 50 of another. I am sure you will be sold out in days with just 100. I would be willing to pre-pay if you would prefer. I definitely want one. Or two.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the 12 x 18 with the red logo on either a black or white flag. @tim2808 thanks for your hard work at putting this together.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would be in for 2 flags in the black background, if I had a choice, but like others would go with the flow.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would prefer the white background, but will be placing an order for a flag regardless of what gets picked. I think being the 1st run we should go with the cheapest option and see what happens. If they don't work out we can order more expensive ones next year.

Thanks for the hard work on this!!!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
#6 logo on a black background cheapest option = $6-9 per flag (you could get 2 or 3 at this price to have backups if they fade, tear, etc) <- MY VOTE

View attachment 3167

I would like to get this order together soon because the flag company needs about 2-3 weeks for production. And I do not want to have any issues with receiving them before the big Bimini trip.
I'll take 2 of these flags, 12x18 is my preference, and my vote is the same as yours, but I'll be ordering whatever gets chosen by the majority. Paypal is an easy way to send money, you have to choose the friend or family option to avoid any fees.

I think you will sell at least 100 of these.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will take 5 of whatever color is ordered. I would like some extras to give away.

Thanks for doing this.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would like two of 6 with black and two with white background. Willing to go with the flow though...

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tim2808 - Not to throw a monkey wrench into this and change direction on the whole thing, but have you tried www.northflags.com? They make flags in all different colors. Rather than screen-print them, the graphics are cut out of colored fabric (they have black!) and the things are stitched together. Yes, it can get a little pricey, and they do have their limitations but I don't think we'd find a better quality flag. Looking at their examples (go under "Custom Flags" - "See Examples"), they MIGHT be able to reproduce our logo...

Here's the burgee they made for us over at my "other home" (www.trailersailor.com) when we wanted to raise cash for a software upgrade:
The thing is thick. If you look closely at the fly-end, you can see all of the reinforced stitching. It's going to last a long time.

Though you might want to look into it.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes that was one the places I checked. For 50 flags there the quotes me $24.30 per 12x18 flag. But like you said those are sewn.

I got quotes from:
Htcustomflags.com
Custom-flag-makers.com
The-flag-makers.com
Northflags.com
Embassyflag.com
Beaverflags.com
Quinnflags.com
Anyflags.com
Allstarflags.com

Friday night I got my final quote from the-flag-makers.com and I am placing the order with them Monday.
50 - 12x18 white background
50 - 12x18 black background
And EACH FLAG will be about $3.10!!! (+postage from me to everyone that wants one). Very cool!! The flags are made with 200D fabric, UV resistant ink (I just learned), and the ink is baked in. They take about 10 days to complete.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sweet. I'll take three of each unless you want to limit everyone's order.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll take 2 of these flags, 12x18 is my preference, and my vote is the same as yours, but I'll be ordering whatever gets chosen by the majority. Paypal is an easy way to send money, you have to choose the friend or family option to avoid any fees.

I think you will sell at least 100 of these.
Thanks for the PayPal tip! Once I receive the order I will begin accepting the money and start mailing them out. Everyone can pay via PayPal or by mail. I will PM each of you my info then. My plan is to mail them in manilla envelops and weigh/send them via USPS. Should be cheap cause the flags are light.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will take 1 of each if you still have some left. Looks like they are going fast...

Thanks, Tim, for all the work on this!

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will definitely get one of each as well!!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would buy 2 of each if you are not limiting per member.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length