• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Game of Thrones (spoiler alert)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are not alone. My whole family has never watched it.
Hey, at least you probably didn’t google “GOT”, lol. Please don’t say anything... :eggonface: I know...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Overall, enjoyed the episode. I am glad they didn't drag the battle out over multiple episodes. Clearly the undead need to learn to fear small women!

I would have enjoyed it if John had been the one to kill the dragon, as that was building up nicely - then poof. Also, what happened to all the giants - guess the special effects budget took a hit for them?

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Something I noticed from living in Europe is that we are prudish about sex while they re prudish about violence.
Being English I suppose I fall somewhere into or near to being European and agree with what you said.
I do usually limit what the kids see but my son really wanted to see it, my position is I'd prefer him to see it with me, than find something on YouTube that we cant give commentary on

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@LeeFlan7, I certainly agree on the concept of letting our kids try new things with us in a protective environment.

Also thinking about it the violence in that episode is clearly good versus evil violence which I have much less objection to that the opposite or violence of a questionable nature.

I remember when my daughter started talking about her friends watching The Walking Dead. I can an only imagine how that is changing playground dynamics!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My youngest daughter (18 about to be 19) binged watched all of the seasons a few months ago with her friend Kate. So now we have watching parties just the 3 of us outside on the patio. It's kinda cool actually. Until a sex scene then I suddenly need to go to the bathroom or refill my drink!!! My daughter and her friend are crazy though. They know all the names and family history and every little detail. How they can remember this stuff baffles my mind.

I cant wait to see how violent a death comes of Cersei!!! Who do you think will be the one to take her life? I think it will be Jamey.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am ashamed to say that i enjoy watching this filth of a show. We ditched cable and are really really pushing to finish home projects and plan on binge watching this season when it's over. So, not looking at this thread anymore.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What's up with the coffee cup on the table in front of Calise?

20190507_103617.jpg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know. that is absurd. She is totally more of a tea drinker than coffee

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I heard an interview with a production camera man and he said that cup was 99.9% left there intentionally. He said there is no way a production like that with all the camera men, actors, actresses, producers, directors, etc, plus editing would have missed that cup. It was a great marketing tactic by Starbucks or GOT just trying to creat word on the street buzz, which it did.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No question about it!
I have not seen a single entire episode even though I tried, I find the show just too fake.

But I have to say - they have this very clever marketing streak - just look at the episode with dark scenes - one big fat OLED marketing shtick! Kind of genius.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay, I was expecting her to light some stuff up but DAAAAMN!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay, I was expecting her to light some stuff up but DAAAAMN!
Yeah.....she lost it.

I was disappointed with how Cersei died....I would have preferred her to die at someone's direct hands vs how she died (not even totally clear she DID die-they left that door open). Arya, Sansa or Grey Worm would have been better to finish her off.....or even Sandor Clegane. Oh well....maybe she's not dead and they'll get their chance?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
that's what happens when you take someones coffee away!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is hilarious....