• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Has any one else read this post on Yamaha boat owners face book page

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I know it is the internet and there are a lot of fools on there, I see fake posts all the time after 23 years of being lied to and arresting criminals and MY instincts tell me this is basically a true post and it's sad if only half true. I know @adrianp89 had a situation with one boat he had to get them to buy back. I never read the original posts & just noticed this.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/yamahaboatowners/?multi_permalinks=4593496140695558#
Here is the basic post /////////

252SE Taking On Water Update:
It has been a while, not sure if anyone is still following along on our saga of the 2021 252SE taking on water.
Everything I write will keep names and dealerships out of it, because they have all been great to us. This is between Yamaha and us now.
Finally got our boat looked at by a regional rep (thanks to another member in this group). Regional rep came out and test drove our boat. We mentioned a cavation that we didn't think would be a big deal. The rep looked at it all and test drove the boat. Mentioned that there is definitely something off about this boat, but we were more concerned about the amounts of water it was taking on.
Dealership got told by the rep to investigate this issue and why the reverse bucket was stuck down sometimes.
Today I got the call that I was not expecting with this. The dealership took both jet pumps off. Mind you this boat only had 57 hours on it. They called me to tell me that both of the impellers and their housing's were completely destroyed by cavitation. It looks like someone took a sandblaster to the impellers. After some research from the dealership and measurements, both of the transom plates, clean out ports and jet pumps were off by 4-6mm's. Everything was cut wrong into the hull and just thrown together. There was no silicone to be found on either jet pump that should have been there from the factory.
I then got told that they were ordering parts and that Yamaha "would do their best to help find the parts and expedite the process". Well another person from the forums who is extremely skilled in Yamaha's (that's all im gonna say) told me that transom plates are over a year and a half out. So they are ordering new transom plates and new impellers.
I asked how the dealership would fix this issue because on the work order it stated "shifter adjustement cable ran out of adjustment". As in there wasn't enough material left to adjust the cables anymore.
They told me "we are going to resize the holes and make them bigger per the yamaha bulletin". So now they are cutting all the holes by 6mm's and expanding the holes. I then asked how they would seal it off to make sure it would seal right. Yamaha told them to "just use silicone and cover it up". This includes the transom mounts and both the shift and steering cables. All of them have to be cut and shifted over. Then fill the excess with silicone on a brand new boat.
The good news? Yamaha approved the labor for the dealership to put it back together and have me take it out one last time this next weekend. How kind of them.
So how many of you guys and girls think this is acceptable? I think it is not acceptable at all. It's like buying a brand new car with 5,000 miles on it and the steering is off. So the dealership tells you "ohh no problem, we'll just cut some new holes into the frame and shift the suspension forward". The boat looses rigidity with every piece that get's cut out of it. None the less the 10 holes they now need to re-cut.
Anything from Yamaha about this to me? Nopeee. Absolute crickets because they already admitted to the dealership that it was a manufacturing issue.
Way to go Yamah and supporting their customers on a high end boat.

I have not seen it but I am not a member of the group. If there is a manufacturing defect, it's likely to be on more than one boat. I have about 34 hours on my 2021 252S and have not noticed any significant leaks, especially after I replaced the anchor locker drain. Hopefully not a broader issue and drilling more holes does not seem to be the right answer. If there was a manufacturing defect in the hull the required drilling new and filling old, I would ask Yamaha to give me a new boat. Drilling new holes in a new boat just does not seem to be the correct answer for a manufacturing defect.

I would like to see pictures of said defects and repairs, copies of paperwork/emails from dealer or Yamaha regarding the "fixes". Some folks are never happy when given anything but a perfect situation and even then, they'll still find something to complain about. So glad I don't have FB

The details here seem too precise to not be true. I wonder what state it is in, some states do have lemon laws for boats. Unfortunately FL is not one of them,

Until we have lemon laws with some teeth for boat and RV owners, quality will continue to lag. Our KZ Connect was in the shop for over 12 months in the three years we owned it. I must admit that it makes me a bit nervous reading some of these posts. Being in the car business reading a lemon story makes me less nervous as car manufacturers make hundreds of thousands to millions of vehicle so the odds are in my favor.

I'm on that group and saw his post; he first posted about the issue over a month ago so I don't think he's lying about the issues. The whole situation is a bummer and I feel really bad for him. Sounds like he got the late Friday afternoon boat and/or the first boat the "new guy" at the factory cut into.

It sure seems strange. I wanted to reply asking for photos and video of what he's describing.....but held off because it just seemed so out there.

My fathers 2021 252S was taking on water, Yamaha did not seal the pumps with silicone in the factory. Dealer figured it out after a few visits but geez…what is happening at the factory???

So re-drilling the boat will create more voids. The components will now have more room to shift, and larger areas susceptible to leaks, if I am interpreting this correctly. That's like drilling out your vehicles rims and then depending on the lugs to keep them centered. He should get a new boat, or at a minimum, get lifetime warranty coverage for those now weakened areas.

Until we have lemon laws with some teeth for boat and RV owners, quality will continue to lag. Our KZ Connect was in the shop for over 12 months in the three years we owned it. I must admit that it makes me a bit nervous reading some of these posts. Being in the car business reading a lemon story makes me less nervous as car manufacturers make hundreds of thousands to millions of vehicle so the odds are in my favor.

Write your politicians - I had to lemon law a vehicle once. While it was stressful, it was relatively easy and quick - especially compared to my boat fiasco.

Tough break, but If the boat finally performs well, no use pushing for a new one that might have the exact same issues or worse. Sadly boats are generally not perfect out of the factory due to the low volume produced and significant "craftsmanship" involved.

Hey Cobra Jet Steering,

Thank you for copying my facebook post on here. I was just getting ready to post it on here actually. All of what I wrote is accurate and I hope no one believes it's not true. I have all the pictures for it. I didn't want to post them for now, but screw it, Im going to anyways. I have all the write ups from the dealership also.

Attachments

• image_67141633.JPG
    image_67141633.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 198
  • image_67151617.JPG
    image_67151617.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 197
  • image_67172865.JPG
    image_67172865.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 195
  • image_67183617.JPG
    image_67183617.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 192
  • image_67205121.JPG
    image_67205121.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
  • image_67205889.JPG
    image_67205889.JPG
    996.9 KB · Views: 195
  • image_67217153.JPG
    image_67217153.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
  • image_67218177.JPG
    image_67218177.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 192
  • image_67219457.JPG
    image_67219457.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 190
  • image_105747139.JPG
    image_105747139.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
@paulthepilot Wow, sorry about what you are going through..... Almost looks like they cobbled your boat parts together from old parts that were laying around for a long time.

Sharing this and the photos is great, hopefully if it is happening to others this will shed some light on it.!

@HangOutdoors totally agreed. There was no silicone in certain parts that the dealer couldn't explain to us. They said it may have come from the factory that way or it may have been washed away from all the cavitation. The boat only has 57 hours on it. So who really knows. Im hoping the pictures will help others out there. At this point I don't even care what Yamaha thinks of me posting them because they truly messed up. It's going to be between them and our lawyer now.

Hey Cobra Jet Steering,

Thank you for copying my facebook post on here. I was just getting ready to post it on here actually. All of what I wrote is accurate and I hope no one believes it's not true. I have all the pictures for it. I didn't want to post them for now, but screw it, Im going to anyways. I have all the write ups from the dealership also.
Thanks for posting

I wonder if this could apply to a defective boat? It's about RVs but we have the same issues if a boat is defective. Revoke acceptance of the boat.

Hey Cobra Jet Steering,

Like I said I had no problem believing you I weed through a lot of fake posts on those sites.
I would have presented it quite differently, or just ignored it.
I felt this was a sincere post and wanted it to be seen by more people.
I said a while back that I was concerned that the quality of the boats may suffer after the factory was shut down due to more new inexperienced workers assuming a lot of them went other placed to be able to pay the bills. And the shortage of supplies and materials. I hope your situation is handled promptly and properly and that in the end you can post on here and let people know how Yamaha stood behind their products, I will say that you are handling this very well considering what you are dealing with through no fault of your own. I hope it gets straightened out to your satisfaction. Also if you financed the boat and your lien holder is other than Yamaha you may want to let them know also.

now this has me worried. I noticed after putting my CJS on my 255xd i was able to eyeball that one pump is higher than the other. The CJS fins make it easy to see.

Guess ill bring my inspection camera home and see if i can pinpoint if anything looks outta alignment.

Should each pump be exactly the same height in relation to each other? or is it more concerning to be mounted correctly to the mold where they bolt the transom plates to?

Ill get some pics tonight.

Hey Cobra Jet Steering,

Those are pretty obvious, classic "cavitation burns".

Looks like your pumps are sucking a substantial amounts of air - from the bilge - would be the simple guess, pretty much confirmed if you are also taking on water. I would think there would be more than one way to fix that.

--

Back