• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to replace Reverse Gate cable

feziwig

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just did this on my '04 SX230 and did not remove the through hull fitting with all the caulk/silicone. Once I removed the exterior plastic nut, I was able to pull the cable through. I released it at the binnacle, and attached the new cable to the old and then pulled it right through.

svana

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally took mine out yesterday after the swap. Had a WHOLE lotta vibration in my throttle, gonna have to raise the buckets a little more than the original threads were at.

WestMIJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok @Julian said there are three bolts to get the two binnacles apart. I removed number 8. Where are the other two?8D4D3C63-8146-474E-9BC2-F1A99610AA8D.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok @Julian said there are three bolts to get the two binnacles apart. I removed number 8. Where are the other two?View attachment 119681
On mine there were two at the top and one at the bottom (#8).

Here is the parts diagram from my model year. They don't show all three on the diagram, but they are #4. They show one of the #4 at the top, there is another on the other side in the same position.
1590007102668.png

WestMIJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you. They were hiding under foam. I used the 1/4” fuel line method and pulled from the bilge with no issues.

WestMIJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is neutral supposed to be about a 1 inch opening on the nozzles?