• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looking for adventure ideas for Sat afternoon and Sun until 3ish, around Ft Lauderdale. Can some locals contribute ideas of where to go exploring, by boat?

Loose plan is Fri midday depart from VA and overnight in Savannah, GA, about the mid-point. Leave early Sat for early afternoon splash in Ft Lauderdale (or elsewhere). Then what???

Best I can eye at this point is heading South on the ICW (vice North from launch spot) and there are beach or 2, in a park.

Ideas/Thoughts-

Of course if we need to depart early due to weather, this solves itself, but otherwise, where to play Sat PM and Sun AM?
Any plans for groups to get together and plan for contingencies as well as testing/inspecting equipment ?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may have already been mentioned but when we cleared customs in West End last week there was sign up that said Bahamas customs was now excepting credit cards. So apparently now you can use a credit card to pay for you boating permit. I would still likely carry the cash for this just in case the internet was out so it wouldn't delay your customs experience but was nice to know it was now an option.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This may have already been mentioned but when we cleared customs in West End last week there was sign up that said Bahamas customs was now excepting credit cards. So apparently now you can use a credit card to pay for you boating permit. I would still likely carry the cash for this just in case the internet was out so it wouldn't delay your customs experience but was nice to know it was now an option.
I doubt that customs would be able to take credit cards at our boats when they meet us at Bimini Sands. Please remember to bring cash for customs.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The forecast is looking decent and two, perhaps three of our crews are already on the way to Fort Lauderdale. Currently the forecast is for 1.7 foot seas with at 4 second spacing with 8 MPH wind. It is very early so the forecast could change significantly over the next 8 days. If the conditions are as forecast the crossing should be similar to hitting a speed bump every four seconds. It would be manageable but rough. Over the past 24 hours the forecast was trending toward smoother seas but today it has been trending toward rougher seas.

In preparation for the crossing and so you can get comfortable with who will be in your group these are the crossing groups that other leaders and I have agreed upon. I know each of the group leaders, have boated with them in rough water, know they are leaders in their individual lives and that following them will make your crossing easier and your Bimini experience more enjoyable. Additionally this year we are fortunate to have experienced boats in our groups as well as the leader. I would trust my and my family's lives with any of them.

It is likely that friends have ended up in different groups. The group assignments were allocated to ensure that an equal amount of equipment and experience is found in each group. Safety is the primary goal of these groups. Once we are in Bimini we will form into spontaneously organized groups for activities. These group assignments are only for the trip to and from Bimini.

Last year we asked a new Bimini Captain who had excelled on the trip to lead each group back to the US. We will be continuing to do so this year. This builds experience for future Bimini Fling Leadership.

When we arrive in Bimini I expect many of you and your crews to be shocked by the crossing. After you have spent the week enjoying Bimini you will very likely feel that the return crossing was easy.

Later in the week I will be making announcements about parking locations and order of departure. The groups will be leaving a few minutes apart and returning in the opposite order so wherever you end up in the order will make little difference.

@Bruce - Channel 68
@chris24
@chris24 (Mrs.)
@Betik
@hobineros
@Valerie
@Julian
@Water Girl

@Glen - Channel 69
@Majorsmackdown
@Amar Nanduri
@steven rivera
@NorgaR01
@S Elgin
@S Elgin (Mrs.)
@Skroggy66

@Kevin Sargent - Channel 71
@MarkEnMiami
@Drift Away
@wallacerb
@blacksapphirez
@jaburt
@rsrlegends
@Jason Winn

@MrMoose - Channel 72
@JROD
@ThatJeepGuy
@GMAN2015
@Yadel
@Bryan Martini
@Rob9550
@Lakeboy

@swatski - Channel 78A
@Bill D
@Jadams0527
@Rick215HO
@Edgar Almonte
@DiverB
@LOZBum

@tim h - Channel 68
@Alex&Elena
@Hamp
@jayasaki138
@Omarf4
@shaun lawson
@fromrio

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont know ..... that Channel 68 group is stacked! Kinda like seeing the Pres and Vice Pres in the same room :D

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I didn't think my day could get any better.... and then I read these posts!!
I
Can
Not
Wait!!!

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So our plans are changing a bit. We had planned to drive down in 2 days but now we are going to drive straight through. I have already updated the reservation for the Bahia Mar and I will hopefully be able to get the extra day in the marina also. We figured we would rather stay a day in Ft Lauderdale, than a motel in Jacksonville.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The forecast is looking decent and two, perhaps three of our crews are already on the way to Fort Lauderdale. Currently the forecast is for 1.7 foot seas with at 4 second spacing with 8 MPH wind. It is very early so the forecast could change significantly over the next 8 days. If the conditions are as forecast the crossing should be similar to hitting a speed bump every four seconds. It would be manageable but rough. Over the past 24 hours the forecast was trending toward smoother seas but today it has been trending toward rougher seas.

In preparation for the crossing and so you can get comfortable with who will be in your group these are the crossing groups that other leaders and I have agreed upon. I know each of the group leaders, have boated with them in rough water, know they are leaders in their individual lives and that following them will make your crossing easier and your Bimini experience more enjoyable. Additionally this year we are fortunate to have experienced boats in our groups as well as the leader. I would trust my and my family's lives with any of them.

It is likely that friends have ended up in different groups. The group assignments were allocated to ensure that an equal amount of equipment and experience is found in each group. Safety is the primary goal of these groups. Once we are in Bimini we will form into spontaneously organized groups for activities. These group assignments are only for the trip to and from Bimini.

Last year we asked a new Bimini Captain who had excelled on the trip to lead each group back to the US. We will be continuing to do so this year. This builds experience for future Bimini Fling Leadership.

When we arrive in Bimini I expect many of you and your crews to be shocked by the crossing. After you have spent the week enjoying Bimini you will very likely feel that the return crossing was easy.

Later in the week I will be making announcements about parking locations and order of departure. The groups will be leaving a few minutes apart and returning in the opposite order so wherever you end up in the order will make little difference.

@Bruce - Channel 68
@chris24
@chris24 (Mrs.)
@Betik
@hobineros
@Valerie
@Julian
@Water Girl

@Glen - Channel 69
@Majorsmackdown
@Amar Nanduri
@steven rivera
@NorgaR01
@S Elgin
@S Elgin (Mrs.)
@Skroggy66

@Kevin Sargent - Channel 71
@MarkEnMiami
@Drift Away
@wallacerb
@blacksapphirez
@jaburt
@rsrlegends

@MrMoose - Channel 72
@JROD
@ThatJeepGuy
@GMAN2015
@Yadel
@Bryan Martini
@Rob9550
@Lakeboy

@swatski - Channel 78A
@Bill D
@Jadams0527
@Rick215HO
@Edgar Almonte
@DiverB
@LOZBum

@tim h - Channel 68
@Alex&Elena
@Hamp
@jayasaki138
@Omarf4
@shaun lawson
@fromrio
I am READY TO ROCK! Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce as a U.S. Naval Academy, Marine who has been taught & demanded to lead well, your effort & expertise, overwhelms my expectations.

This group has an overwhelming ability to cross safely, enjoy fellowship and find relaxation because of your preparing us.

Captain's, you are responsible for your crew. You are not alone, but you are the Captain.

We move as a group, and will meet the night before, to account for specific group requests.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wait did I read that correct @Majorsmackdown is making the tow again to do this trip this again this year? That is incredible have a safe tow @Majorsmackdown and @MrMoose
Covered about 1000 miles today. Made it to Cheyenne Wyoming, and we even made a tourist stop at the battle ground where General Custer's Last Stand occurred in Montana. It's so much easier traveling by car when it's just guys. Lower standards, and bathroom breaks are fast.:winkingthumbsup"

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good news! I was able to get the slip for an extra day. We will start our trip 0300 on Saturday morning! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My wife told me to get out of the boat and get some things done. Just sitting in the boat SO READY TO GO!!!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw the prediction of a 50% chance of a tropical storm forming and moving into the Caribbean. I believe the area of concern is the red X that is near Africa and that the potential risk to us is that it may grow and move our direction. Looking at the 10 day forecast for Puerto Rico I do not see any major storms. I am uncertain if this is anything to be concerned about.

As for the crossing forecast, this is the first offshore forecast that I have been able to obtain. My hope is that we will have less than 2' seas and less than 10 mph wind for the crossing. Currently the wind is higher than I would like. The forecast in 2015 was for 1.8' seas but the wind was pushing larger waves on top of those forecast. If we get the 1.8' seas as forecast it should be a bumpy but safe crossing.

IMG_2804.PNG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why dislike my post? Geez just trying to share some weather info....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe @Julian was disliking the storm. Dislikes do not count negatively against your account but most do not know this. Perhaps Bummer Dude would be more appropriate.

Thank you for sharing the weather info.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know they don't negatively count towards our post but users cannot click on the ratings to find out the posts associated with them in our profile. So if I wanted to sell something on here and someone wanted to check my profile to find more out about me, they'll see these dislikes and probably wonder why or question who they are dealing with. I've never cared for the dislike emote on here and I never use it yet I've got 3 dislikes to my name lol. Agree bummer dude or better yet optimistic would have been a better choice to use.

Anyways none of this matters, I just found it odd and I hope y'all have a safe trip! Can't wait for the pics and vids to pour in :)

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I changed it...as Bruce says...it is just a dislike and that is what it is for....i dislike that forecast. Sorry to fire you up. Now I'm optimistic....whick I am...but still dislike that forecast!