• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Monday's forecast has become less pleasant. This forecast may go up or down many times between now and our departure.

IMG_2830.PNG

Did everyone get contacted by Bimini Sands to pay the remainder of their reservation? I didn't.....

Great, I'm going to most likely dive everyday, and I'm bringing a junior set of gear for our 12 yr old. If anyone wants to dive who may be a bit rusty, I'm a instructor and would be happy to dive with them for peace of mind.
@DiverB this is Swatski's wife, Kate. I have PADI Advanced Open Water Cert and equipment. I am interested in diving. Are you planning any night dives? I will go as much as you are willing to have me.

@DiverB this is Swatski's wife, Kate. I have PADI Advanced Open Water Cert and equipment. I am interested in diving. Are you planning any night dives? I will go as much as you are willing to have me.

I may just bring a small light for night diving, vs my regular large canister light. I'm honestly not sure if I'll be doing any night dives. I guess I will play it by ear. I think it would be great if we can all take a couple of boats out to dive spots, then the non divers (wifey) will have company.

@DiverB, I am hoping to make a largish group outing to the Victory Reefs south of Cat Cay. That will likely be the best diving experience. It is a drift diving location in around 60' of water. I imagine that there will be snorklers at the top with divers below. How we catch the drifters is my only concern.

I expect that the situation will be similar at the new Sugar Reef.

Three Sisters would be a great place for new divers as there is good scenery and it is shallow enough to avoid trouble.

@Water Girl No, all shirts orders but two shipped (Jason and Anan), and Steven R was leaving early so we held his so we could bring it. If it was a small order it went USPS....so it will likely arrive on Wed. (unless your post office is like some of them...less than fast)
Thanks! I think I had 4 ordered. We are leaving Friday am hoping they make it before hand! Thanks!!

The crossing forecast has already improved a little. I expect it to continue fluctuating. Hopefully in the downward direction.

IMG_2831.PNG

@Bruce catching drifters is easy and should be easy to follow in the waters there. You can also have the main person hold a ball that's what we do here in FL and also send up a marker while on safety. We hang a line off the side of the boat for the divers to catch and pass gear up. Should be even easier with the swim deck on Yamaha's. Just approach and cut the motors and catch them and load on the boat. We dive off my boat and friends boat that way.

I will be glad to be a support boat for the divers.

I can help on the night dive as well. Either souport or dive.

I am bringing gear for myself and my daughter Alexa (11). She just did her cert dives.
She is a little apprehensive due to sharks, but I hope to get her in the clear turquoise water next week.

Definitely need to organize something.

I "may" bring my gear. haven't dove in like 3 years...

2 more days....and last minute shopping for a spare anchor and trailer tongue lock....got a second taylor sunumbrella yesterday for the bow. Do I need to buy a waterproof power cord for charging the batteries when the boat is parked in the water? At hime I use a regular 25 feet powercord

I am bringing gear for myself and my daughter Alexa (11). She just did her cert dives.
She is a little apprehensive due to sharks, but I hope to get her in the clear turquoise water next week.

Definitely need to organize something.
We will have to get together for sure. Our 12 yr old is convinced she will get eaten by a shark. I'm bringing our own gear plus tanks, mainly since my little one is more comfortable with a 64ci cylinder

Back