• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Majorsmackdown Holy cow....now that is a long tow! Just had to beat out @MrMoose by 250 miles didn't ya! 3251 Miles vs 2963....either way...you guys need some sort of award! Bahamas TV should interview you both! (if there is such a thing as Bahamas TV!)
It's tough to compare because I'm making a stop at Lake Powell on the way back to Calgary. I'm estimating about 100 hrs on the road. I think that I'll be around 7250 miles total, 5142 of that will be towing. So far the boys have not minded the ride. They've been watching movies and playing Xbox in the back. Moose Jr, even used his cell phone to create a Wi-Fi hot spot so that he could connect the Xbox to the web and play online with his friends... at least that's what I think he was doing back there.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok am I being selfish or am I genius? Wifey and the kido hate long road trips. My parents are about 176 miles away and it's a never ending "how much longer" "are we there yet", "I'm bored", so in order to avoid all that, I purchased plane tickets for them to fly to Fort Lauderdale for only $124 each.

So basically I will be able to drive at my own pace in relative peace and quite. Looks like my vacation begins 2 days earlier than theirs!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ok am I being selfish or am I genius? Wifey and the kido hate long road trips. My parents are about 176 miles away and it's a never ending "how much longer" "are we there yet", "I'm bored", so in order to avoid all that, I purchased plane tickets for them to fly to Fort Lauderdale for only $124 each.

So basically I will be able to drive at my own pace in relative peace and quite. Looks like my vacation begins 2 days earlier than theirs!
Will you be passing through Virginia? I will be starting from northern virginia on friday morning

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be leaving late Friday night and taking I-77 to I-95 down. I'll only touch a small portion of VA

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Id like to dive but have no experience or certification. Can that be done with anyone while in bimini ?

Rental gear available?

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Weather's looking better already :)

Was the fuel at Bahia Mar available Saturday for filling in the water?

Attachments

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yes, until 6:00 pm I think.

I was looking at the forecasts as well , and it looks like the wind is going to increase on Monday morning.
I hope it doesn't kick up the waves too much.
But I was seeing 2 ft on Monday morning.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice, thanks.

2 footers are annoying...jus enough at 4 or 5s interval to pound ur spine out of alignment. I'm 33 and I plan on swallowing 2 or 3 Aleves Monday morning. Wink wink .

I don't know that I've really ever seen a flat day minus once. Lol

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm 34 and have a similar plan. 3-4 Ibuprofen when I wake up Monday morning and a healthy dose of Rum when we arrive. :jimlad:

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My concern is a repeat of 2015 (? I think). When the waves were stacking up on this side.
2' forecast could EASILY be 4' just outside of the PE chanel and in the Gulf Stream...

Ahh yes, I do believe it was 2015 now..
thanks @Bill D

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think that was 2015. 2014 was the year @RobA made his video of a super smooth crossing and recruited so many of us to add this to our list.

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Water Girl No, all shirts orders but two shipped (Jason and Anan), and Steven R was leaving early so we held his so we could bring it. If it was a small order it went USPS....so it will likely arrive on Wed. (unless your post office is like some of them...less than fast)
When you say Jason are you talking about me. If so why haven't mine shipped? Is there something I need to do?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm counting on my trim tabs instead of Aleve lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think that was 2015. 2014 was the year @RobA made his video of a super smooth crossing and recruited so many of us to add this to our list.
This is cool thanks @Bill D! Honestly didn't know I had an impact. Hopefully I can join you guys again in the near future.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm 34 and have a similar plan. 3-4 Ibuprofen when I wake up Monday morning and a healthy dose of Rum when we arrive. :jimlad:
You know back in my drinking days -- It was highly recommended to dose Tylenol before begining the evening to prevent hangovers. This is like double duty. So worth it.

I got about 4 or 5 bottles of Rum on the delivery thread. LOL!

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You know back in my drinking days -- It was highly recommended to dose Tylenol before begining the evening to prevent hangovers. This is like double duty. So worth it.

I got about 4 or 5 bottles of Rum on the delivery thread. LOL!
Hey I didn't know we could order more than 1 bottle !!!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh yeah! I ordered what I will either dub the variety pack or super sampler. Arrrgggghhh! Lol