• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm 34 and have a similar plan. 3-4 Ibuprofen when I wake up Monday morning and a healthy dose of Rum when we arrive. :jimlad:
Amen to that..make a bump of bourbon to calm the nerves

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it's all perspective. 2015 made buy a non jet boat. The 5 hour pounding, is something I never wish to experience again. Never felt like I was in danger but dam my back hurt. Return trip that year was rough as well but tolerable as it was only 2 1/2 hours of pain. I guess it's all what your willing to put up with to get to Paradise.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does everyone have their boat registration with them? I believe @Glen was asked for his last year. I also have an insurance card in case they want to see it.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know where i might be able to buy and have install a bow cover for a 2016 24' yamaha. Prefer charcoal color. Near ft lauderdale on friday ? I contacted jetboatpilot and he said they had to bring them in. And it would take a few weeks.

I know this is a hail mary - but im tossing it out there.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Contact Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach Florida

Www.rivamotorsports.com

Worst case scenario you can buy a tarp and cut it to size then duct tape it to the fiberglass to cover your bow. Support it underneath with something soft...

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Is it possible to update "Faces of Bimini" thread with names and pictures of all who are going? It will be tough to remember everyone's faces and names and a quick reference point is helpful.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does everyone have their boat registration with them? I believe @Glen was asked for his last year. I also have an insurance card in case they want to see it.
I have been asked for my registration every year I have gone (5 times), even this past trip clearing customs in West End they asked for my registration.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't mean to be a debby downer, but has anyone seen the weather for Bimini all week? Is the rain forecasted over there similar to south florida? like daily 10 minute down pour, make it all nice and steamy then go away? I always say, the Devil is kicking his wife cuz usually its doing that rain and its blazing sunny out still. My wife (who is Cuban) tells me I am saying it wrong - the Devils daughter got married or some Cuban hocus pocus. Lol.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Contact Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach Florida

Www.rivamotorsports.com

Worst case scenario you can buy a tarp and cut it to size then duct tape it to the fiberglass to cover your bow. Support it underneath with something soft...
Tie a couple ropes across the hand rails on the bow to support the tarp. I think I might do this high dollar mod myself. :) lol

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't mean to be a debby downer, but has anyone seen the weather for Bimini all week? Is the rain forecasted over there similar to south florida? like daily 10 minute down pour, make it all nice and steamy then go away? I always say, the Devil is kicking his wife cuz usually its doing that rain and its blazing sunny out still. My wife (who is Cuban) tells me I am saying it wrong - the Devils daughter got married or some Cuban hocus pocus. Lol.
Yes, I have never seen it rain very long, just quick spotty showers.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, I have never seen it rain very long, just quick spotty showers.
oh thank god. lol, I was seriously getting depressed lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Bookmark feature is also helpful. :)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know where i might be able to buy and have install a bow cover for a 2016 24' yamaha. Prefer charcoal color. Near ft lauderdale on friday ? I contacted jetboatpilot and he said they had to bring them in. And it would take a few weeks.

I know this is a hail mary - but im tossing it out there.
If you find a place to buy it we can install it, it is a 2 hour job. We only need a drillbit, screw driver and hammer.
Make sure you chose the correct one in terms of having the snaps installed or unistalled.

S Elgin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@S Elgin

Uhoh single guy alert.... can I park my ski near your boat?

:D
Based on on the stories and videos that I see posted, I would not count on "what happens in Bimini stays in Bimini"

27 hours until we start heading south. Anyone else traveling on I95, we are stopping in Kingsland GA Friday night.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Based on on the stories and videos that I see posted, I would not count on "what happens in Bimini stays in Bimini"

27 hours until we start heading south. Anyone else traveling on I95, we are stopping in Kingsland GA Friday night.
I'll be heading south tomorrow...but hope to make it all the way to Tampa in one drive.....hope to depart between 12-1pm from Raleigh....

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC

No worries, I talk a big game online, but Im painfully shy in person. My stories will be pretty boring :(