• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Magic Power circumnavigated Lake Michigan!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...on her trailer! :)

Normally it's 8+ hours on the southern route around Lake Michigan -photo A. Construction in northern Indiana was so bad (10+ hours) we opted to return via northern route - photo B.
Note northern route was also 10+ hours, but without stress and duration uncertainty from Chicago traffic.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Any way you slice it, 10 hours of towing makes for a long day!

Did you consider the ferry? We never took it, but had friends that did-and they said it was very relaxing.

Did you consider the ferry? We never took it, but had friends that did-and they said it was very relaxing.

Durango and SX230 package is too big for the high speed ferry from Milwaukee to Muskegon. It does fit on the old coal burner from Manitowoc to Ludington. I took that across once. You are right, it was very relaxing...but also a bit spendy.

We make this trip most summers - it was my third time towing it.

Cool. How was towing across the Big Mac? Was it windy?

Cool. How was towing across the Big Mac? Was it windy?

No issues, was a south wind approx 5-10 mph, so really not noticeable as we drove north across the bridge.

Edited to add: The view was, of course, spectacular. None of my kids had ever seen it before.

Last edited:
A cell phone shot taken at mid-span on Big Mac:

image.jpg

No issues, was a south wind approx 5-10 mph, so really not noticeable as we drove north across the bridge.

Edited to add: The view was, of course, spectacular. None of my kids had ever seen it before.

Cool. Always great when the kids see it for the first time.

I was hatched and raised 10 miles north of Houghton (Houghton in the U.P. NOT Houghton Lake) and worked in Detroit for a while so I had a 10-hour drive every time there was a holiday or vacation to visit my folks. That was before kids though.

We made a trip to Mackinaw Island a few years ago so our crew finally got to see Da Bridge.

...I was hatched and raised 10 miles north of Houghton (Houghton in the U.P. NOT Houghton Lake)...

Camped in a tent at McLain State Park about 30 years ago in late June. First and only (and very brief!) Lake Superior swim.

Beautiful area!

I worked/lived on Mackinac island (note spelling, the locals are fanatic about it!) for a summer of my youth driving horses (the red and yellow tours and taxi's) and generally horsing around. Other than the passenger ferry from St. Ignace, I never had a chance to boat up there. They have some big jet cat's with the Star Line. There were some WICKED storms that would pop up over the lake, just exactly what one wanted when driving a two horse hitch with passengers.

Beautiful area!

Sorry about that 80-94 etc construction. Putting guys like me to work!
Should have stopped in and dropped boat with for a day! Open invite always.
To anyone that may want to join me there are a couple great places to eat on the water as well.

Back