• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to The Dark Side. Pilot House w/F300. Just because... it's Atlantic Northeast.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I kind of figured it out, tracing the part:
View attachment 146292

If I only had access to parts fiche for my new Parker! I tell you, we 've been very spoiled with Yamaha boats, can find every part, nut and bolt in every model, in seconds.

As I understand it, the isolator lead simply prevents current from flowing from the house battery back to the motor just like a VSR does; since the F300 4.2 Yamaha alternator has independent outputs, like a VSR controls where the current goes.

I’m more used to having a DVSR or VSR but either can fail, and Yamaha in Parker does it right it seems: a great, simple, and robust system straight form the factory, and no need to complicate it with an extra combiner, if I understand it all correctly.

In most schematics I see aux charge lead as 'optional', so kudos to Parker, again, for including this!

EDIT:
this would be an (oversimplified) schematic that I think applies here:
View attachment 146293

--
Can you explain why this is necessary? I thought alternators had diodes that prevented current from flowing in the non desirable direction?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you explain why this is necessary? I thought alternators had diodes that prevented current from flowing in the non desirable direction?
The auxiliary charging cable for Yamaha outboards - for charging a house battery - it connects directly to the positive on the house battery and then there is a ground between both batteries; basically, eliminating the need for a switch.

In my case I have a switch but with the aux leads (and the breaker ON) the position of the switch, or VSR/DVSR does not matter, the house battery is charged directly whenever the engine runs. It’s like having a dual bank charger directly connected to batteries. Very useful with a single outboard.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got to play a little bit!
1618097002604.png
1618097019342.png
1618097041361.png
1618097075124.png
1618097097308.png
1618097849087.png

The boat ran like a champ. We were riding around the Raritan bay with some wind, locking the cabin feels like you are riding a truck. It's very cozy and feels very protected. Kate loved it.
1618098205078.png
Makes me very happy. I can ride any boat any time, I love them all, but finding something that the family likes as well is a different story!
So this is a relief, I love the Yamaha and I can take it out in the ocean in some weather and be happy, but the ladies will be extremely well served with this Parker.

I was pretty reserved and riding very cautiously today, but I did open her up a couple of times, she hits 50mph quickly with room to spare.
1618097962583.png

--

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The auxiliary charging cable for Yamaha outboards - for charging a house battery - it connects directly to the positive on the house battery and then there is a ground between both batteries; basically, eliminating the need for a switch.

In my case I have a switch but with the aux leads (and the breaker ON) the position of the switch, or VSR/DVSR does not matter, the house battery is charged directly whenever the engine runs. It’s like having a dual bank charger directly connected to batteries. Very useful with a single outboard.

--
Thanks for the explanation!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the explanation!
BTW - It wouldn't work well with our YJB inboard 1.8s/TR-1s/MR1s as those have stators, the F300 alternator puts out something like 70amps above 2,000rpm, so there is plenty to spare as the engine and electronics only need about 20amps IIRC.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should take a video of the process to show how simple it is, for those who are terrified by the whole thing LOL

Or at least some sort of proof of concept for the wives that think paying someone is the only way such things should be done.

Remember kids, measure once, cut three times!
lolol. I know!
I won't lie, I still get antsy whenever drilling into a perfectly good fiberglass hull...
1618159123368.png
This time, it went without a glitch.

The opening is wetted/sealed with 5200, screw holes filled in.
1618159434759.png

And then the inlet seated with more 5200 on both sides; this is a permanent install, it would have to be cut out if it ever needs replacement.
1618159564958.png
1618159591737.png

For small amounts of 5200 - I always try to buy it fresh (has to be used within 24hrs of opening the tube).
But, it keeps in a freezer for few months, if needed in a pinch.
1618159802841.png
1618159821975.png

--

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
If and when you put it on the lake please pm me. I really want to see this beast.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got to installing few more rod holders. Turned into a bit of a project, like everything typically does, SS tubing and holder clamps sizing is not an exact science, lol, and managed to break two allen wrenches in the process. But - it's done.
1618451932026.png
1618452039980.png
1618452057793.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You need a dose of Anti-buyachtics. :pompus: You have New boat fever, lol.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to admit to liking this one, a lot, but the truth is I'm just taking advantage of being able to do things in my driveway with all the tools at hand etc., "baseline" the systems while everything is new - it is so much easier now! once she's moored it will be a different story, everything becomes a bigger chore.

Besides, it is fun. I mostly work on things at night, after work, and it's so decompressing, like therapy.
These boats are simple enough even a knuckle-dragging molecular pathologist like myself can do all major maintenance, upkeep, and more.

Finally, got the name decal delivered, just need the rain to stop and the temps to go above 50, lol.

We really like it, it was done by this guy Luke Walker who does a lot of FL boat decals, very pleasant to work with. It's a big decal, 4'x1', hope I won't screw up the install.
1618536897606.png

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have to admit to liking this one, a lot, but the truth is I'm just taking advantage of being able to do things in my driveway with all the tools at hand etc., "baseline" the systems while everything is new - it is so much easier now! once she's moored it will be a different story, everything becomes a bigger chore.

Besides, it is fun. I mostly work on things at night, after work, and it's so decompressing, like therapy.
These boats are simple enough even a knuckle-dragging molecular pathologist like myself can do all major maintenance, upkeep, and more.

Finally, got the name decal delivered, just need the rain to stop and the temps to go above 50, lol.

We really like it, it was done by this guy Luke Walker who does a lot of FL boat decals, very pleasant to work with. It's a big decal, 4'x1', hope I won't screw up the install.
View attachment 147007

--
I was hoping you would add few fly rods and flies to the tackle...Then you could name her "Fly-Swat-er". Oh well, I missed the boat on that one. lol. Did you check it against @Betik 's calculus for coming up with a name? Posseidon and his brother's are expecting a party, naming ceremony.
Yes, I can appreciate having the boat in your own yard. Our refit on the sailboat has been a long distance therapy session.

Edit: Oh and BTW, cover up the graphic once it is installed, until the ceremony is done. Hey, I don't make the rules...

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 147007

--
Is that a marble table that gigantic sticker is resting upon ?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that a marble table that gigantic sticker is resting upon ?
I think they call it quartz?

Next time if I need to do a decal that size I'm hiring a pro, lol. It's a lot of work, and it's nerve wracking.
1618716340600.png

--

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think they call it quartz?

Next time if I need to do a decal that size I'm hiring a pro, lol. It's a lot of work, and it's nerve wracking.
View attachment 147205

--
Have your wife do it. That way, you never want to start a fight by bringing it up, and she doesn't want to have it look screwy, and the burden is off your shoulders.

Sure, she may kill YOU afterwards.... 😄