• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My post boating storage routine.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just experimenting with the features of Window's Movie Maker and came up with this last night.
Needless to say backyard and sideyard access are two things that will be high on my list the next time I buy a house. Of course a house on the water would be best but in this real estate market (SF Bay Area) that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Those are serious trailering skills.

Wow that is a tight fit! I thought getting my boat in my garage was impressive but man that was amazing. The front hitch probably makes it much easier!!

Thanks guys, all skills I've had to acquire out of need not desire. I used to park the boat out front during the season but started getting heat from my city and eventually a $150 ticket for doing so. Ironically, I can be ticketed the same day for parking on the "access driveway" on the side of my front yard but the city has to wait three days before they can ticket me for parking on the public street in front of my house. The front hitches help a lot when I'm putting the boats away but I'm still learning how to deal when I pull them out. I've almost taken out the street light many times, when there is unexpected traffic in the street out front things get really interesting.

what "kit" do you use for the front hitch? Does this attach to tow hooks? Maybe I'm just a newb, but I've never seen a ball hitch on the front of a vehicle before.

I ordered mine from etrailers.com or etrailer.com. They are custom made for each vehicle and bolt right on, sometimes trimming of some of the surrounding body plastic is required and some come with integrated tow hooks. The hitch and hardware are under $200 per vehicle. Installation is a lot easier when two people are involved, otherwise you need to get creative with a jack and / or blocks to keep the heavy metal in place while it is being installed.

@Ronnie ! That was INSANE, Son !
NO ONE backs up trailers THAT carefully @ Let alone in a space THAT tight !
Enjoyed the video ....... When it completed playing, I walked down to the water and kissed DEEPLY my 2 ShoreMaster Lifts ! LOL !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
Loved the video! You do have to be not only careful but skilled! I love that the crew is there giving it their all to help!

Dang! What is the side clearance? Looks like just an inch or so....

Wow, that is seriously impressive. I would never try that. Also, I would've taken a chainsaw to that light pole long ago.

What trailer guides are those? Everyone seems to recommend the Veve guides but those don't look like them as they don't have the support bracket welded in (or I just cannot see it).

@Ronnie that is crazy tight!! For me it would be harder to drive it in like you do. I'm real good with backing, because I do it everyday. I cant imagine not being able to see both of the rear corners when backing! Great Job!! Rather than moving.....buy your neighbor out and build one hell of a toy garage...lol

@captainhook .. I don't think a chainsaw would be a great way to attack a METAL!!! light pole.. LOL, I HAD TO!! :devilhorns:

This is incredible. I would be embarrassed to show you the parking space I have at the local storage space and the trouble I still seem to have. I am pretty sure you could drop my boat off without even coming to a full stop. I am learning so I can see how time makes all of the difference.

Great video!

More proof that Californians really ARE nuts! :D

Respect, Ronnie. :winkingthumbsup"

You guys are embarrassing me, I wasn't expecting all the compliments, thanks. Not to brag or minimize the task but it is old hat for me now. I don't think parking a trailer is anywhere near as difficult as other tasks some of you endure to go boating. Anyone remember the guy on YJB in Florida that had to regularly to kill water mocassins near or on their docks or those that occasionally share the water with gators? F that, I'd find a new location or hobby fast.

Anyway, the front hitch does help since I don't have to turn my head to see the boat's orientation but I'm still more comfortable backing in since I've been doing it for over 10 years now (first with. A 15' boat , next a 20', followed by a 23' and now the 242ls, all jets), lots of practice, too much I think sometimes, with gradually bigger boats . By the way, I took a lot of measurements before I picked up the 242 but didn't realize how much bigger it is compared to a 230 until I had to squeeze it onto the side yard for the first time. I remember it taking about a 1/2 hour and afterwards my neck and head ached so I went inside and took a nap.

Before I forget, I don't know that brand of trailer guides I have but they are single bent pieces of PVC which are mounted to the trailer with Ubolts. I like that they are slightly bent in the middle as it seems to help spring the boat to center faster. I have had them for years and love them. I've never measured the space between the trailer guide lights and the house/fence until now. The combined space is about 2.5". Lastly, I've attached some pics of the front hitches.
1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 10
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 10
Wow i thought I had it bad! Lol. Nice and impressive!

Hey Moderators: Ain't there some sort of "AWARD" for trailer parking like this ?
If it were Country Music, @Ronnie wood be gettin' a LifeTime Achievement Award !
'Jes askin' ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Back