• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new Tow Vehicle as Audi will be buying back my Q7 TDI --what do you have?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FWIW, Julian - I just sold my Audi (A4 Premium Plus) and bought a Ford F150 Lariat. Techwise, the Ford is every bit as good as my tech package Audi. I think you'd be pleased with the new Expedition if you were already planning to spend Q7 money.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FWIW, Julian - I just sold my Audi (A4 Premium Plus) and bought a Ford F150 Lariat. Techwise, the Ford is every bit as good as my tech package Audi. I think you'd be pleased with the new Expedition if you were already planning to spend Q7 money.
Those do look great! @CDENsomnia posted on his new Expedition - what a fantastic ride. Either that or the big ol'Gator - very very impressive large family haulers.
One thing that puzzles me a little bit is the lack of AWD traction control. Probably has to do with the truck chassis etc. I must admit I have come to absolutely love that aspect of the Audi platform. It is almost impossible to spin the wheels on those, which sometimes borders on magic... - any surface including some muddy, sandy ramps. And there are no levers to pull or switches to push, lower gear, diff lock, whatever - nothing - it really is all time.

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, Audi AWD was nothing short of astonishing - especially considering the car was light and low to the ground. The Lariat and above trim have a pseudo-AWD, putting the truck into 4A instead of 4H yields some pretty good results.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a 2005 A4. It was the most sure footed vehicle I have ever owned. Drove through snow as deep as the grill emblem a few years back. Nothing special to do, just point and shoot and the car would go. I still firmly believe that the worse the weather got, the better that car performed! That Quattro system is phenominal.

I do have to mention though that the new range of fullsize trucks can EASILY match the luxury and amenities of the Audi lineup. My '15 Sierra is easily the most luxurious vehicle I've ever owned. Tons of options, top notch materials, and excellent fit and finish. With the "auto 4wd" setting (which is really just an electronic clutch in the traditional transfer case), traction control and stability control left on, I'm hard pressed to spin a tire in the rain. Get a little in gravel, but so did the Audi. With a decent set of tires I suspect it'll do just as well as the Audi.

Anywho, this is just a +1 for checking out the latest crop of fullsize pickups/SUV's from the American Manufacturers :D

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No autoleveling headlights on Ford as far as I'm aware. TBH, outside of the neato power-on cycle where the lights go up and down, I can't say that I've ever seen their benefit (or noticed the absence of it).

Lighting on my truck is superb.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do miss the lateral adaptive headlighting - turn the wheel at low speeds, and it illuminates an area on the side of the vehicle you're turning to. Not automatic on Ford, but at least on my tow mirrors, I have sidelights I can manually turn on <5MPH.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do these vehicles have auto leveling headlights? One of the things I love about most european cars.
Unfortunately, that trend is too slow to catch on.

I see a lot of cars and trucks running with brighter and brighter headlights - f@cking blinding!!!! And no one seems to care! I swear some of those cars look like they run with their brights on, but they are not!

How can those be legal/pass safety inspection? IDK.

--

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do have to mention though that the new range of fullsize trucks can EASILY match the luxury and amenities of the Audi lineup.

lol. Maybe the 2005 Audi lineup. Not even in the same ballpark of any current Audi, nor should it be. Comparing apples to oranges, as they say.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol. Maybe the 2005 Audi lineup. Not even in the same ballpark of any current Audi, nor should it be. Comparing apples to oranges, as they say.
We were looking at new q7s just the other day when we bought the Jeep. My f150 with all the options has everything we looked at on the q7. Even the massage seats.

So far as headlights. Not leveling and not needed as well. The led s are bright as hell

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The led s are bright as hell
Yep. Sucks to be on the receiving end! Can be actually pretty dangerous when coming up from the opposite direction on secondary roads.

Are there any regs regarding that? Seems like it is a free for all here, f@cking wild west.

If that trend does not change, I'm gonna get ME a set of brightest f@cking headlights I can buy.

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep. Sucks to be on the receiving end! Can be actually pretty dangerous when coming up from the opposite direction on secondary roads.

Are there any regs regarding that? Seems like it is a free for all here, f@cking wild west.

If that trend does not change, I'm gonna get ME a set of brightest f@cking headlights I can buy.

--
There are but it's typically enforced with these lifted trucks.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My f150 with all the options has everything we looked at on the q7. Even the massage seats.
I am very very far from being a car snob, drove a lowly Passat TDI for years ( and loved it!) - before I got into the Q7.
BUT
There is simply no way anyone would confuse the interior of a new F150 with a new Q7. No way, even with the same features listed.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am very very far from being a car snob, drove a lowly Passat TDI for years ( and loved it!) - before I got into the Q7.
BUT
There is simply no way anyone would confuse the interior of a new F150 with a new Q7. No way, even with the same features listed.

--
I agree. $$$$$ cost and service. Been there done that on the German cars bmw x5m.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will actually disagree with this I was very disappointed with the 2018 Q7. When my 2014 Audo Q5 tdi was in the shop I was given a 2018 Q7 as a loner for the day and to be honest the interior kind of felt cheaply done well at least for an Audi. It drove more like a car then an SUV I don't think its some thing I would be interested in I would rather have a toureg or a previous gen Q7

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a Volvo fan but if your stick with a mid size SUV the new Volvo XC90 maybe one of the nicest vehicles I have ever been in had one as a rental recently.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not a Volvo fan but if your stick with a mid size SUV the new Volvo XC90 maybe one of the nicest vehicles I have ever been in had one as a rental recently.
Damn Chinese. ..lol. I agree it's nice car

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will actually disagree with this I was very disappointed with the 2018 Q7. When my 2014 Audo Q5 tdi was in the shop I was given a 2018 Q7 as a loner for the day and to be honest the interior kind of felt cheaply done well at least for an Audi. It drove more like a car then an SUV I don't think its some thing I would be interested in I would rather have a toureg or a previous gen Q7
Damn it.
This is driving me crazy. I do not want to trade my 2012 Q7 TDI in!

--