• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Obrien party pit - inflatable (pump options?)

Brett_Jeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I purchased an Obrien party pit and the family loves it. It calls for 17psi, my two stage 12 V Obrien pump takes 30 minutes to reach 12psi, we don’t have the patience to continue waiting.
Anyone have another pump option that could save some valuable time on the water?
Yes, 10-12 psi does seem rock solid for our use. We just want to save valuable time.

Last edited:
That's a lot to be airing up. I used a similar pump to air up our paddleboard and it took quite a while for just that. I'm sure that there's something out there that'll do it faster but your going to pay big $$ for it.

If you leave your pump on it will it reach 17 PSI? If it can't then the pump is not rated for the kind of PSI...if it is, buy another pump of what you have to double the volume flow to get there twice as fast?

I use a Dewalt blower to fill up my tubes. Perhaps start with that to get he mass of air into it, then your high pressure to finish it off. Or is it the final high pressure that takes all the time?

1660269349423.png

I use a Dewalt blower to fill up my tubes. Perhaps start with that to get he mass of air into it, then your high pressure to finish it off. Or is it the final high pressure that takes all the time?

View attachment 185165
Yep, I use a gas Stihl blower.I cut the bottom off a spray bottle, then used a piece of pvc pipe to fit it into the valve. Will fill one of those 2 person chair towables in about 30 seconds.

We inflate at the swimming hole. The Obrien double stitch pump is rated for 20psi. With the boat running I’m getting 12 psi now after 30 minutes. The second stage of inflating is the slow part. I was just wondering if anyone has found a solid two stage pump that’s portable and more efficient.

Attachments

• FC8D2BAD-5D27-4D15-8210-23DB2D090197.jpeg
    FC8D2BAD-5D27-4D15-8210-23DB2D090197.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Mam honestly everything I've tried for my is up is like that. Fast till the last few psi

Back