• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s in the Philadelphia area. There is “waa-tr” for tourists, and “wud-tr” for locals.
*wooder 😅

There was a Philly chick visiting my area, and she asked me if there was a wooder fountain somewhere nearby. I pointed her in the right direction, and said "You're from Philly, aren't you?" She had this shocked look on her face and couldn't get over how I sussed it out, I like to think she's wandering around somewhere telling this story about "Some guy from Wisconsin who I never met knew where I was from in seconds, and every once in a while, I get the feeling he's looking in my front window" 🤣 People really need to embrace their accents and local slang & terms, I love hearing how people from other areas sound!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
*wooder 😅

There was a Philly chick visiting my area, and she asked me if there was a wooder fountain somewhere nearby. I pointed her in the right direction, and said "You're from Philly, aren't you?" She had this shocked look on her face and couldn't get over how I sussed it out, I like to think she's wandering around somewhere telling this story about "Some guy from Wisconsin who I never met knew where I was from in seconds, and every once in a while, I get the feeling he's looking in my front window" 🤣 People really need to embrace their accents and local slang & terms, I love hearing how people from other areas sound!
Transplanted into Milwaukee area nearly 20 years ago after growing up in Michigan. I still can’t bring myself to call a drinking fountain a “bubbler.”

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve only ever know it as a “bubbler” and if I hear it called something else it sounds weird to me. :)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve only ever know it as a “bubbler” and if I hear it called something else it sounds weird to me. :)
If you ask where the bubbler is here in TX people are gonna look at you like you have 3 heads!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
In the 70’s when we went to visit my grandparents in Ohio, we would aside sit on her mohair “divan” and she would always offer us “pop”. Grandma always kept her house spotless and made sure that she “hovered” before we arrive. Lots of different words and we only lived one state away (southeastern PA).

Jim

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Transplanted into Milwaukee area nearly 20 years ago after growing up in Michigan. I still can’t bring myself to call a drinking fountain a “bubbler.”
If you ask where the bubbler is here in TX people are gonna look at you like you have 3 heads!
When I lived in NC, it snowed 3 times in the 4 years we lived there. 1", 2", and a once-in-99-years dump of 22". The odd slang for them, given how little it snowed there, was how often I was asked in fall and their version of "winter" was why I wasn't wearing - wearing - a "toboggan".

We were the stars of the neighborhood and all the kids with that 22" snow, because we had snow shovels, and NOT a garden spade or flat shovel, and our kids had ACTUAL toboggans, not the knit hats those crazy folks called toboggans.

In NC, pronounced TOE-boggen, I shoulda known at that point 😅

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
When I lived in NC, it snowed 3 times in the 4 years we lived there. 1", 2", and a once-in-99-years dump of 22". The odd slang for them, given how little it snowed there, was how often I was asked in fall and their version of "winter" was why I wasn't wearing - wearing - a "toboggan".

We were the stars of the neighborhood and all the kids with that 22" snow, because we had snow shovels, and NOT a garden spade or flat shovel, and our kids had ACTUAL toboggans, not the knit hats those crazy folks called toboggans.

In NC, pronounced TOE-boggen, I shoulda known at that point 😅
NJ boy that moved to Mooresville NC 1988 at 27. Nascar country and ACC basketball. Knew nothing about either. Had no idea why people needed a toboggan to keep warm on a cold winter day. Thought maybe they cut them up and burned them to stay warm?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Being a southern boy we always called them toboggans. Moon pie and a RC was common and all soda was a Coke! Joined the Maines and had a lot of friends from up north. I still remember when they would say they had a truck and then I found out it was a van not a truck. We talked about a lot of the common beliefs (or misbeliefs) of being from the south or north or wherever. For a young person in 70s it was an eye opener. So funny how things are so different from one part of the country to another.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s crazy the melting pot that makes up a bootcamp. When I went to bootcamp in 91 we had just graduated and so a few of us went to the Mall. This was in Orlando. There was the country farm boy from Indiana or Iowa, somewhere like that. We walk in the Mall and start to go up the escalator and the dude kinda froze. We were like, what is wrong with you? He said he’d never been in an escalator before. We were laughing so hard. Dude got kind of offended. The more we started quizzing him the more we found out how he’d never left the farm. He then says he has never seen a person who was not white! Talking about a culture shock!