• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pump pull 2021 SX210 help

Carlosralph

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That sounds like a warranty item. I’d take it and have it done

I am not sure if there is a time as well as hour maint requirement on those bearings.

sorry to hear that.
Thanks! Hopefully it's something I can have done fairly quickly to get back on the water. No extended warranty here, so this'll be out of pocket 🤷‍♂️

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks! Hopefully it's something I can have done fairly quickly to get back on the water. No extended warranty here, so this'll be out of pocket 🤷‍♂️
Okay do both pump bearings…

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When you finish up do some reading on adding gear lube to your grease in the pump and intermediate bearing housing. To keep it liquified and allow it to flow better around the moving parts and the seals.

Carlosralph

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you finish up do some reading on adding gear lube to your grease in the pump and intermediate bearing housing. To keep it liquified and allow it to flow better around the moving parts and the seals.
I had actually just been reading some of your posts about this and added some to the intermediate…but didn’t do the cone yet…live and learn

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This! Since it needs to be redone, it's an excellent time to start the new parts off right, and follow Jeff's suggestion.

Carlosralph

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I reached out to a couple service centers (including where I bought the boat) and they’re booking out to the end of August for any service. Given the short boating season here (upstate NY), I’m considering just buying all the parts to build a new pump from the cone back for ~$800 to get back on the water more quickly and then take the old one apart and see what I can salvage for spare parts. Is this a realistic plan or would I be better off leaving this to professionals?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Use the search engine to find threads about this process. You need a press and some tools to use on the press. I have zero experience with this process. When you get your service manual you can more clearly see what’s involved. I would think a good machine shop could do it if they have the manual.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Use the search engine to find threads about this process. You need a press and some tools to use on the press. I have zero experience with this process. When you get your service manual you can more clearly see what’s involved. I would think a good machine shop could do it if they have the manual.
Someone drilled out their workbench to place the bearing in the proper spot, can't recall if that was a thread here, or a YouTube video, but that would be the most difficult part of the whole process IMO.

The service manual will tell you that you need specialized tools, which will be a spline holder and whatever else they use to pull/replace the bearing, so those things would be an additional cost, unless that's factored into your $800.

@Carlosralph, It really doesn't seem difficult for what you're proposing if you're at all mechanical adept, so you're the best judge of whether or not you will be able to pull it off. Do you have the boat at home, or at least access to be able to work on it where it's stored? If so, pull one of your pumps so you can see just how (not) difficult that is, and from that point, the second piece with the impeller is just as easy to remove. At the very least, you can inspect everything and determine if you even need to go all out, or if a more surgical approach would suffice.

I'll try to get you some more pics tomorrow, but I'm finishing out this season with what I have, and you may be in better shape than my "damage". The first time you pull it will be the longest it'll take you, and the second pump should take you a quarter of the time once you know how it all comes apart.

I've got my manual here as well, if you want more pics, but @FSH 210 Sport seems to have you covered pretty well