• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Repairing and Overhauling a 2010 242 LS (pic heavy)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No luck with the windshield glass yet?
Not yet. No time or when I do have time to try to tint it, it’s windy. I am More seriously considering modifying the 2017 frame to use the 2017 front glass and have two side pieces cut from plexiglass. That gets me back to no time.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Took a few minutes to install the recently reupholstered swim deck seat cushions and remount the new good year endurance spare tire. America’s tire said because of the angle that the bolt which flattened the tire penetrated the tire, the tire could not simply plug or patch the hole and move on. Almost free, had to pay $34 for the new extended warranty/service plan for the new spare.
IMG_2695.jpegIMG_2694.jpegIMG_2693.jpegIMG_2691.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve had the Americas / Discount tire road hazard for over 30 years on all my tires and it’s been well worth it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I added the pinstripe and pimp placard as planned this morning. Not perfect but acceptable, for now at least.

Next (tonight) I plan to add the fender mounts, and resize the fender lines.

Tomorrow is tint day.

I’m still on the fence about upgrading from the 2010 galvanized MFI trailer (which I painted with truck bedliner a few years ago) to the 2017 painted Shorelander trailer.

IMG_2701.jpegIMG_2702.jpegIMG_2703.jpegIMG_2704.jpegIMG_2705.jpegIMG_2706.jpegIMG_2707.jpeg

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wasn't sure about the red topped upholstery but the red pin stripes really pulls it together,

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are Pics of the fender mounts I installed and and fenders i set up for them.

i am not looking forward to tinting the windows but it will be nice to be done with repairs and upgrades this year.

IMG_2713.jpegIMG_2712.jpegIMG_2711.jpegIMG_2708.jpeg

IMG_2709.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Again, tons of sweat equity has produced a great looking boat, and there is no other like it! The pin striping looks great!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got prepped to tint the curved windows this morning but found I was short one thing, more tint.IMG_2721.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Done with the window, for this season anyway. I planned to cover the damage with mirror tint but I ran out before I started. Went with lens tint instead.

IMG_2736.jpegIMG_2730.jpegIMG_2731.jpegIMG_2729.jpegIMG_2721.jpegIMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2725.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a shame I hadn't followed this earlier, but for anyone contemplating pulling their engines, if you're the type who wants plans for something like a gantry crane, here's a set from a guy I've bought several products and plans from. I haven't needed a gantry crane, but if I ever do, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pick up Jonathan's plans.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's a shame I hadn't followed this earlier, but for anyone contemplating pulling their engines, if you're the type who wants plans for something like a gantry crane, here's a set from a guy I've bought several products and plans from. I haven't needed a gantry crane, but if I ever do, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pick up Jonathan's plans.

I considered buying or building a gantry/A-frame but don’t have a good location to put it. That is, my side yard is to thin and my front yard to sloped. It would have cost a lot less money than the hoist I bought. Fortunately the hoist was a perfect fit and I ended up selling it to my mobile mechanic.