• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DC54585F-DAE4-4DB5-8CAB-11CE957AB92C.jpeg The Bug-O-Salt. Can’t wait to blast some suckers this summer. Curious how well it works!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those PX4's have always intrigued me with their rotating barrel design
Yeah, I have to confess to being a sucker for goof-ball stuff sometimes. It's supposed to provide a lower bore-axis as well as divert some of the energy into rotational motion - the overall affect being to soften felt recoil. Plus I've been wanting to add a DA/SA gun to my collection. (This is based on the idea that one should be able to pick up and confidently operate ANY firearm at need.)

The reviews are pretty decent on it but the "compact-carry" doesn't get a lot of love because it's considerably more expensive than the plain "compact". (Folks looking for a carry gun see the Glocks and other Polymer Wonders on the same shelf and then this thing sitting there for a $250 premium. They never even ask the man to pull it out of the display case due to the price-point. The thing is, the upgrades on the "compact-carry" are worth a lot more than the price difference if you added it all on later. If you can pick one up on sale, it's a pretty good deal.

I'll have a better idea if it was worth it after I make a trip to the range.... or rather I would, if I was that type of guy.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally got to zero in the Ruger Precision Rifle (6.5 creedmor) today.

I'd say once the groupings start to use the same hole it's good!

20190103_130403.jpg

Then I took it out to 300 yards and hit bullseye!! This thing is a beast!
20190103_115600.jpg

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I was in the USMC at the gun range, we use to hit bullseye targets (silhouette 23" x 35") with the M16-A1 at 500 yds. with open sights as part of out marksman training and qualification. No, BS! Just ask any Marine that was at Paris Island, in the late 70's, early 80's.
When I went to California, I had a chance to try out for the Marine Corps rifle team, I didn't make it but we were hitting the same targets at 600 yds. with open sights using the same weapon and a little coaching from the instructor.
It makes me wonder how good scopes are these days? I've never used one.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can have a top notch Formula One racing car but if you put my grandma behind it.... well, it's not going to perform too well.

However, I'll bet you that any Nascar driver could give your run-of-the-mill Honda Civic absolute hell.

A well trained military personnel..... plus a top of the line scope, now we're talking Kris Kyle. The shooter and his/her rifle & scope is relatable to the old adage: "Does the woman make the dress, or the dress the woman?".

Because sir I promise you that with your M16 you'd beat my pants off any day at the range. My civilian ass needs a scope!
[flag]:thumbsup:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
800 rounds with my baby girl yesterday. One of the range officers said she shot better than me.:(

20190323_135938.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Built another one of my special potato cannons last week. Been a while. Still a winner !!!

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
800 rounds with my baby girl yesterday. One of the range officers said she shot better than me.:(
I understand brother, but isn't that the goal?
For our kids to take an interest in what we teach them, and to use our knowledge as stepping stones to become the very best that they can be.

Glad to hear that your girl is enjoying the sport with you!

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here they are. Guess which Glock belongs to my tall, brunette fiance?

Attachments

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At least you just have somebody's opinion, My daughter and I are in a skeet league on Tuesday night, so every Tuesday I get a score card to slap that reality right in my face :banghead::banghead::banghead:

It does get me a little street cred. at the club though and sometimes a table with the cool kids (as a tag along) last week she shot a perfect 25 and a 24,

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a friendly FYI: Anyone looking to purchase, consider grabagun.com.
I've had a few very good experiences with them and their prices are VERY good.
They ship to your local FFL ($7.99 flat rate), but even with the transfer fee, you probably can't beat their prices.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting safe. Details?
Looks like he’s got what I’ve got.

Gun Safe

These are not fire proof and theft proof but do an excellent job in storing and allowing quick access and you don’t need 4 movers and concrete floors.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting safe. Details?
Winchester Defender 44 Tactical Gun Safe. Weighs 1000 pounds and sits in my living room because garages are for guys who listen to their wives. The safe delivery company said it was the largest safe they ever placed in a residence.

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
sits in my living room because garages are for guys who listen to their wives
HAHA .... awesome!
I've got mine posted in the guest bedroom. All pretty dainty shit... then a big gray gun safe.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience with "Versacarry" leather holsters and belts?