• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you don't own one of these rifles, you should buy one. They are incredibly durable, reliable and fun. Both my girls learned to shoot on these things and you'll find you can't reload fast enough to keep up with their rapid fire plinking!
AMEN!!! I purchased the Colt version a few years back and my kid (and I) love shooting that thing. Fun as hell!!

Last year I was having problems zeroing my hunting rifle (found out it was a busted scope changing my POI) and took my frustrations out on that Colt M4. Spent 3hrs f*cking with that scope.... and 30 minutes blowing through 22 ammo.
Left the range a happy man!! Great purchase/investment

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The only problem I have had with my M&P 15 22's is I have to buy even more magazines for them. It feels like it takes forever to reload and get back to the fun of plinking steel targets.
Thanks for the info @jawsf16
I will look into it.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A question for you gun historians/collectors out there. I was given this double barrel percussion 12ga. years ago by a childhood neighbor, just before she died at 102. It was her husbands shotgun on their small dairy farm many years ago. Basically I am looking for a "makers mark" or other clues to its manufacturor. It is an antique and sits on the mantle above the wood stove. It is not in pristine condition. It has a patina that shows its age and the engraving is pretty cool. Figured Walnut stock (cracked). Any help with the ID would be appreciated. Where do I look?

20190406_074040.jpg

20190406_074100.jpg

20190117_143510.jpg

20190117_143334.jpg

20190117_143540.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got I've got a book on Gun values from 2015, but I am out of town for a few days. When I get back home if no one has an answer I can page through it and see if there's any help in that book for you. If someone can help identify it before that point, even though it's not current, I may be able to shoot you a picture of the values they have listed

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Not sure - Liege - Belgian? FN? The scrollwork looks quite tasteful.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure - Liege - Belgian? FN? The scrollwork looks quite tasteful.
Thanks, Pretty sure the mark identified with white arrow is a mark for Perron, as shown in the first screenshot of proof marks above. Still trying to identify the red arrow marks.

20190407_082935.jpg

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got a call from sheriff last week. Seems they recovered a shotgun that was stolen from me. Was thrown in a river as they closed in on the perp. 6 years ago... some guy cutting firewood came upon it and called them

I bought this gun when i was 18years and 2 days old!! (Some time ago). Its good to have her home again
5A9AFF86-FFA5-4774-BD8D-9E87CEBF2669.jpegE34E0B0F-CDF2-41BC-9F83-029E96F17884.jpeg

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The thread has been in active for awhile however i thought I would show you all a picture of my new go to gun. It is a little wieldy to move around but then again it is mobile. I was thinking of modernizing it by converting the bike to electric. [flag] :)

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody have or shot the Canik TP9 Elite? What would its feel compare to? Have not added to the collection in a while........

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Anybody have or shot the Canik TP9 Elite? What would its feel compare to? Have not added to the collection in a while........

I shot a friend of mine's TP9 (not elite). It shot really well and was more comfortable in my hand than my highly modified glock 34.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Was going to say it looks like a Glock but with a more standard grip angle.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was going to say it looks like a Glock but with a more standard grip angle.
That Glock similarity is whats holding me back. I’m not a fan of Glocks ergonomics at all.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up a Sig p365 for conceal carry. Pictured next to my S&W m&p sheild EZ that i keep in my truck.
20200921_174742.jpg

Modified a magazine rack to hold 2 guns and 4 mags . Fits perfectly in my center console safe.
20200921_174631.jpg

My Glock G45 gen 5, kept in the house
20200617_180113.jpg

And my Springfield Saint B5 ar15 with Sig red dot sight
20200902_193028.jpg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That Glock similarity is whats holding me back. I’m not a fan of Glocks ergonomics at all.
It’s funny, Glocks being so polarizing. Seems like most people love them or hate them. Personally I’m ambivalent, yes they are as reliable as it gets, pretty good shooters, etc. But do they have to be so damn ugly? Funky ergonomics (to me) means I’ll never buy one, but I get why lots do. Seems like if you grew up on 1911’s you don’t care for a Glock very much, if you grew up with more modern firearms you love them?