• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
You could always get an 80% glock lower and build your own. They have an 18 degree grip angle like a 1911. Best of both worlds.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up a Sig p365 for conceal carry. Pictured next to my S&W m&p sheild EZ that i keep in my truck.
View attachment 134850

Modified a magazine rack to hold 2 guns and 4 mags . Fits perfectly in my center console safe.
View attachment 134851

My Glock G45 gen 5, kept in the house
View attachment 134852

And my Springfield Saint B5 ar15 with Sig red dot sight
View attachment 134853
I was a sig guy for the first 20 years of my career , P226 then P 220, loved the guns but some guys refused to clean and lube them and had a bunch of malfunctions while trying to qualify..Switched to Glock which are much more lazy user friendly.. i looked at that P365 as a concealed carry but the grip was much smaller than the GLOCK 43 and was just too small for my hand

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was a sig guy for the first 20 years of my career , P226 then P 220, loved the guns but some guys refused to clean and lube them and had a bunch of malfunctions while trying to qualify..Switched to Glock which are much more lazy user friendly.. i looked at that P365 as a concealed carry but the grip was much smaller than the GLOCK 43 and was just too small for my hand
The sig with the 12 round mag makes it much more user-friendly. I got 2 extra 12 round mags for it

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s funny, Glocks being so polarizing. Seems like most people love them or hate them. Personally I’m ambivalent, yes they are as reliable as it gets, pretty good shooters, etc. But do they have to be so damn ugly? Funky ergonomics (to me) means I’ll never buy one, but I get why lots do. Seems like if you grew up on 1911’s you don’t care for a Glock very much, if you grew up with more modern firearms you love them?
I have a 19, first handgun I ever purchased, and I didn't want to like it, but I kept coming back to it as nothing but reliable, and once I got used to shooting it, accurate for me. I'm betting the grip angle is the way it is because it was more reliable in feeding, but if that's actually the case, I wonder the amount of issues that would arise if it were a "typical" grip angle. I also think another issue is the grip, and how it feels in the hands of many. To me, I'm fine with it, but many feel it's a big block of plastic, cumbersome, and just doesn't fit their hand right. Again, I'm betting it's due to reliability. They might have found/felt it's easier to feed a magazine in because they were able to make it wider, thereby leaving more material for the magwell, and making it easier to reload when under duress.

Just a WAG, and I know they're not for everyone, but it works for me, and I trust it to go bang when I pull the trigger. I had the first-version XDS, and I couldn't rely on it. Mag release button fit my unsearching hand too well, to the point where I'd OFTEN dump a mag after 2-3 shots, and I never felt comfortable with the standard magazines and ALWAYS ran with the extended mags, thereby turning it into something that didn't fit the criteria for which I purchased it. Got used to the Glock, never looked back, and now, everything else seems to shoot weird to me. 😁

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got my first AR-15 last week and have started to modify it - added a SigSauer Romeo-5 red dot, Magpul vertical grip, and Magpul CRT stock. I didn’t really need another expensive hobby but with the world we live in it seemed like the right thing at the right time.

Going to take some handling/shooting lessons over the Xmas and New Year holiday weeks at my local gun range so I can start on the path to being a responsible gun owner.

D405C654-ADC7-4259-AD58-EFE8D436F16C.jpeg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just finished my latest build. Well..... almost finished, I still need to add a sight. I have it narrowed down to a Holosun I think.

300 Blackout pistol w/ folding buffer tube/brace and quick disconnect barrel.

Assembled
20201119_143706.jpg

Disassembled (on top of magazine for scale)
20201119_143843.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20201210_163844.jpg20201210_161908.jpg

My new trap gun
1983 browning citori trap full over imp mod
A little scratched, a little rust but for $600 an easy buy

23 of 25 in my first round

It will be sad to give up that beautiful 870 all american but worth it for better scores

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 138490View attachment 138491

My new trap gun
1983 browning citori trap full over imp mod
A little scratched, a little rust but for $600 an easy buy

23 of 25 in my first round

It will be sad to give up that beautiful 870 all american but worth it for better scores

Man. That's awesome.
I think I have the same citori, bought years ago at a gun show in MO, don;t recall the year, need to dig it up. these guns are super cool, bjut I haven't shot mine much at all.
and by the way, I want to sign up for a couple of private lessons with you. I suck and need retraining, lol.
1607656896694.png

1607656725796.png

EDIT: wish I had the case like yours, very nice!
--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like it might be full choke upper and modified choke lower

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Choke marks here

1607656725796~2.png

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like it might be full choke upper and modified choke lower

That sound right, I will confirm when I get to it. I know they are fixed type.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Deal! As soon as the stupid sh1t is over we will need to get together!
Either talk @Betik into driving everyone over here, or we'll meet halfway, I know of some very nice lakes in AR :cool:
--

I am on stand by.
Needless to say Claire is racking to pull the trigger.

I also like the idea of bringing down fire upon AR. @Bruce tell me they let foreigners go target practicing there lol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Either talk @Betik into driving everyone over here, or we'll meet halfway, I know of some very nice lakes in AR :cool:

--
Not only are there nice lakes but also a few hundred acres for shooting.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

--
Welcome back, Swatski! I sent you a message months ago saying there are a lot of people on here that need your expertise. I've been away too so just now seeing all this.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome back, Swatski! I sent you a message months ago saying there are a lot of people on here that need your expertise. I've been away too so just now seeing all this.

he never really went away, he was just having an affair with Parker. But just like all husbands he eventually came back where he belongs.