• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 86031 The Bug-O-Salt. Can’t wait to blast some suckers this summer. Curious how well it works!
There's a definite range to this thing, beyond that, it'll just piss off anything you shoot at, so don't go shooting at any wasps outside that range. Also will frustrate you to no end if it's humid out and you have old salt in the thing. I empty it out every day when it's humid, and put some rice in your salt round to keep it from clumping. Those things are so fun, I got my neighbor one, we're like a fly hunting posse.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience with "Versacarry" leather holsters and belts?
I've seen a few...never owned or used any. The quality seemed ok, but I really never went for the "decorative" type gear. Their stuff has a "Steampunk" kind of look with lots of detail, thick leather and "sharp" edges.
I handled one like this:b5462b449f104e12903f4fb7afa9dabd.jpeg
Not good for concealment under a shirt. I've always stuck to the big 3; DeSantis, Galco and Safariland, but I'm Old School. I like smooth finished edges.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree on the overly decorated design.

This is the holster that caught my eye.
2019 Commander Holster

Clean leather look, and with a mag pocket to boot.
I've seen mixed reviews on concealability. Seems that with an untucked button up or light jacket/vest, it's not too bad.
Was hoping someone on here had some first hand experience with their fit and finish.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve never used one but I can tell you from my experience that most people like to adjust the ride height and forward or rear tilt of the weapon. The Versa -Carry has neither adjustmemt.

Personally, I run Vedder holsters for concealed carry and love them.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But.....it’s not a bad idea to have a Versa Carry in your arsonal for that new gun you bought that doesn’t have a regular holster yet.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Versacarry stuff reminds me of the "ripped jeans" the kids all wear. The one I handled was kinda thin and I didn't care for the unfinished edges.
Also, doesn't look like there's any retention at all with that model.

1791 makes a nice holster in that style.
Combo Open Top Multi-Fit Belt Holster 2.1 and Mag 1.2 | 1791 Gunleather

If you want something dressy Tucker Gun Leather (and some others like Mernickle, Aker, Don Hume) makes nice stuff
Leather Holsters | Custom Gun Holster | Tucker Gun Leather

DeSantis "slide" holsters have always been my "Go To" - I have one for every gun I own.
Keep in mind you get what you pay for. I have a drawer full of junk holsters that I've tried through the years.
A DeSantis mini-slide or thumb-break slide and an F.T.U mag pouch would serve you much better.

And at the risk of being "that guy" and starting a huge debate...your mag should be on your "opposite" side. I'm not a fan of "combo" holsters/leather.

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run Crossbreed holsters, started with them, and I don't think I'll ever use anything else. I carry IWB and the options they have just work for me. I have tested two others, no idea who made them, as they were my father-in-law's, but I quickly discarded them after I got my first Crossbreed.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like this one!! :thumbsup:opth_nighthawk_1.jpg
brown-pancake-1536x1100-wg.png

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love it. Did you brace the floor?
No. I didn’t. The safe moving company assured me it was not necessary because the safe was placed next to two walls where the load bearing is increased.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve never used one but I can tell you from my experience that most people like to adjust the ride height and forward or rear tilt of the weapon. The Versa -Carry has neither adjustmemt.

Personally, I run Vedder holsters for concealed carry and love them.
I'm new-ish to the CC world and after a lot of research and "hemming and hawing" I settled on Vedder as well. I'm happy with them (lacking anything to truly compare them to). The only thing I "think" I'd prefer is snap-loops instead of the metal clip. I've never gone to take it off at the end of the day and found the clip not clipped, but bad things tend to happen when other bad things are happening.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm new-ish to the CC world and after a lot of research and "hemming and hawing" I settled on Vedder as well. I'm happy with them (lacking anything to truly compare them to). The only thing I "think" I'd prefer is snap-loops instead of the metal clip. I've never gone to take it off at the end of the day and found the clip not clipped, but bad things tend to happen when other bad things are happening.
I believe they have that loop option when you build online.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a little "thick" in the middle so IWB is hard for me, especially Kydex. Concealed, I'm old school and really prefer leather DeSantis slides.
I do have a kydex Safariland ALS for my Glock 26 that I really really like! Push button thumb release is lightning fast. It's more like a duty holster though...wore it every day for 10 years with my Admin. uniform.0-650-safariland-7ts-als-concealment-belt-loop-holster-black.jpg

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A few toys.
0C9924C9-73EA-4816-904A-9030E575BCF6.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a little "thick" in the middle so IWB is hard for me, especially Kydex
I'm also an OFWG, the Crossbreed I have is a Super Tuck IWB carrying a Glock 19, and other than having to run a size bigger in pants, I've found no issues whatsoever. The leather covers the Kydex, so once it was broken in, there was never a problem with the Kydex digging in. Threw it on when I got it, and IMO, it took about 3 days of off and on wearing for it to be broken in. At the time I got mine, they weren't doing the combat cut. I'm not gonna buy a whole new holster just for the combat cut, but in my dealings with them, I have the utmost confidence that if I wanted it done, all I'd have to do is send it back to them and they'd trim it up for me, no problems. I seriously can't say enough nice things about Crossbreed, I'm a huge fan. Here's a look at what I've got - mine is horsehide, so the coloring is different, other than that, same.

supertuck-main_full2018.png

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a little "thick" in the middle so IWB is hard for me, especially Kydex. Concealed, I'm old school and really prefer leather DeSantis slides.
I do have a kydex Safariland ALS for my Glock 26 that I really really like! Push button thumb release is lightning fast. It's more like a duty holster though...wore it every day for 10 years with my Admin. uniform.View attachment 90524

Was JUST looking at Safariland for my 1911. Not necessarily to carry out and about, but nice to have a place to put it when I'm out plinking in the back-40 at the InLaws. (When I first bought the gun I foolishly bought a Blackhawk Serpa for it. I've since repented the idea of using the Booger Hook for anything other than the Bang Switch.) I'd like to do the SLS Tactical rig but gotta save up my pennies for something like that.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ALS holsters have a 3-screw design that can swap between belt loops, paddles, etc. The thumb button is a smooth as silk. I don't much care for finger releases either.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@buckbuck and all y'all that own Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifles...

MP15-22SafetyAlert.com

This is an inspection/recall on the bolts. Some were manufactured out of spec that may cause multiple discharges with one trigger pull. They will send you a little metal tab to check it. If its good, you're good... if its bad, they will ship you a new part no charge. Website has all the info.

Between my dad, brother, and me, we own four and had no issues. If they are out of the tool, let me know and I can drop it in the mail to you. Its very small and takes about 10" to check your rifle.

If you don't own one of these rifles, you should buy one. They are incredibly durable, reliable and fun. Both my girls learned to shoot on these things and you'll find you can't reload fast enough to keep up with their rapid fire plinking!