• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was in Vegas to celebrate my sons 21st bday. Part of which was spent driving exotic cars around a track.

Here are some of the cars I saw.

My son was in a Ferrari as well as a ended up driving the seventh fastest lap of the day.

if you know anyone participating and want to see the cars up close to, all drivers and their guests can view/get in the cars used that day.
IMG_2779.jpeg

IMG_4210.jpegIMG_4207.jpegIMG_4211.jpegIMG_4203.jpegIMG_4214.jpegIMG_4217.jpegIMG_4221.jpegIMG_4222.jpeg
DSC03849.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
More pics from Vegas.

The Sphere is huge,

Zip-lining was cool.

The Country X burlesque show was good but I thought the performers would have been more endowed.

I thought drinks would be cheaper, they weren’t and averaged close to $20 per.

If the economy is down I could not tell in Vegas.
IMG_4258.jpegIMG_6573.jpegIMG_4247.jpegIMG_4192.jpegIMG_4190.jpegIMG_4199.jpegIMG_4191.jpegIMG_6413.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Was in Vegas to celebrate my sons 21st bday. Part of which was spent driving exotic cars around a track.

Here are some of the cars I saw.

My son was in a Ferrari as well as a ended up driving the seventh fastest lap of the day.

if you know anyone participating and want to see the cars up close to, all drivers and their guests can view/get in the cars used that day.
View attachment 212235

View attachment 212221View attachment 212222View attachment 212223View attachment 212224View attachment 212228View attachment 212229View attachment 212230View attachment 212231
View attachment 212236
My co worker did this last year when it came through the Tampa area. Said it was a blast, and nice to thrash on a car that isn’t yours 😉

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
At a Ford Dealership and noticed these two vehicles. Neither is as expensive as I thought. Any guesses as to what the two door is worth?
IMG_4274.jpegIMG_4272.jpegIMG_4275.jpegIMG_4276.jpegIMG_4277.jpegIMG_4278.jpegIMG_4273.jpegIMG_4281.jpegIMG_4282.jpegIMG_4279.jpegIMG_4280.jpeg

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I was going to guess 1.5 for the GT, a Google search shows 1.6-1.7 million. Did they have an actual price listed?
For the Lightning, the window sticker looks like it’s pretty well optioned out at $81,330.00. Figuring at the end of the day it’s still a 1/2 ton F150 at $81k it’s pricy. As the market normalizes and more are made/sold I’m sure the price will come into reality. The bigger question I have with all these EVs. When the battery needs to be replaced and disposed of,
1- what is the cost of a new battery vs the cost of paying for fuel over the same amount of time? Of course this will vary depending on usage and what not.
2- what is the environmental impact of all these batteries when the time comes to replace/dispose of them?
don’t get me wrong, I am all about clea and green energy and having a sustainable future for the next generations. I’m simply just thinking out loud.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$100k?

Thats not a great 1/4 mile time for such a light high horsepower car. No torque.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was going to guess 1.5 for the GT, a Google search shows 1.6-1.7 million. Did they have an actual price listed?
What?!

I meant to type $200 in my response but wow that is…dumb. They are sure lucky that movie came out. Maybe 400…maybe.

And I’m a ford guy with a 67 mustang in the garage.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
What?!

I meant to type $200 in my response but wow that is…dumb. They are sure lucky that movie came out. Maybe 400…maybe.

And I’m a ford guy with a 67 mustang in the garage.
IMG_4574.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The salesman said it’s the dealerships owners car and is valued at $1.4m but even if you can afford it is up to Ford to approve or deny your application for one. This one is not for sale. I prefer to think of it as being on “Show-Off storage”.

As for the lightning price, the money man/closer at the dealership told me the prices are lower now because For isn’t making customers buy fully load versions of the truck. There was enough demand for a more commercial version for ford to justify the move.

keep in mind all the information above is from in my case used car salesmen. The first guy telling me how great the truck I was looking at is and the second guy telling me I should buy an extended warranty.

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This years Christmas boat paradeIMG_0152.jpegIMG_0155.jpegIMG_0149.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still think it’s funny when people boat in jeans. I’m pretty sure that’s the complete opposite attire for this activity. Makes us really appreciate when we can get out on the water in November/December. Looks like you guys had fun!
Ha! Here is South Florida, when you see someone in jeans or jean shorts (other than nice dress jeans with appropriate shirt) anywhere, it's a dead giveaway that they are a tourist or just moved here. Crazy how fashion trends are so regional and seldom change over time.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1701791102634.png

this should be called more like " what you didn't see "

about 15 years ago I helped a guy import a 2004 GT from Canada, I think it was in the 60-80k range, when it was all over he was very appreciative and offered me a bottle or liquor as a thank you, I said "no thank you because I don't drink but I would really appreciate a ride just down the highway and back for 15 minutes one day when you have time" he agreed and I never heard from him again

1701791462533.png

I also helped import a older Vincent race car from England, most people know Vincent as the motorcycle but they used their engines in many applications, the buyer also bought a vincent powered air compressor,

this was a little more fun as we unloaded the container at our dock and I at least got to sit inside it

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
$100k?

Thats not a great 1/4 mile time for such a light high horsepower car. No torque.
But the speed at the end of the quarter mile is telling…this car wasn’t made to do 1/4 mile runs, it was made to race at high speeds for 24 hours plus. I think acceleration from 60 on up is probably pretty impressive. Top speed is reported at 217 mph.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 212298

this should be called more like " what you didn't see "

about 15 years ago I helped a guy import a 2004 GT from Canada, I think it was in the 60-80k range, when it was all over he was very appreciative and offered me a bottle or liquor as a thank you, I said "no thank you because I don't drink but I would really appreciate a ride just down the highway and back for 15 minutes one day when you have time" he agreed and I never heard from him again

View attachment 212299

I also helped import a older Vincent race car from England, most people know Vincent as the motorcycle but they used their engines in many applications, the buyer also bought a vincent powered air compressor,

this was a little more fun as we unloaded the container at our dock and I at least got to sit inside it
Such is the case of being a non drinker… I know because I have been treated like a social lepper because I don’t drink, well extremely rarely, like maybe two to three drinks a year and sometimes none. The big exception being that the folks I’ve been hanging around with for the last few years never flip me any crap because I don’t drink, unlike people I’ve known for decades who still do.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Such is the case of being a non drinker… I know because I have been treated like a social lepper because I don’t drink, well extremely rarely, like maybe two to three drinks a year and sometimes none. The big exception being that the folks I’ve been hanging around with for the last few years never flip me any crap because I don’t drink, unlike people I’ve known for decades who still do.
I second this, i drink occasionally but my wife has never drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, or has done drugs. When people we meet find out this they back away it seems. She doesn't frown on me or anyone that drinks she just saw enough crap as a kid to never want to touch the stuff. She is very friendly and has no filter, so she doesn't need alcohol to loosen up one bit.
But its amazing how many "friends" we made that didn't stay friends for that fact alone