• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

someone had a bad day today

Ben Okopnik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well it looks like he spend his Christmas on the sand bar, boat was still stuck there when I drove by it today .
I'm a bit surprised he doesn't at least have anchors laid out to seaward. I don't know... if it was me, I'd be taking advantage of every passive angle I could: getting the bow pivoted toward deep water, anchors dug in and lines drum-taught, clearing rocks from the path if any - and trying to recruit help in whatever way I could before the sand chews and swallows her. Every tide and every bit of rain could be working for him; as it is, they're working against him.

I've helped rescue - oh, more than a dozen boats after groundings, hurricanes, etc. (including one where about 20 of us kept diving and sticking milk jugs into the main salon until she came off the bottom, then dragged her ashore by hooking come-alongs to a pair of palm trees. Hey, the rescue barge was tied up for the next few months, and wanted astronomical amounts of money anyway...) The one thing I've learned is every day you wait makes it twice as hard to do the recovery - and that's without even mentioning fixing her up afterwards, or protecting her from being "salvaged" by the thieves.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I went by to check on the boat stuck on the sand bar figured it was long gone but NOPE it's stull stuck there, damn! The guy either has a lot of patience or a lot of beer.

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went by to check on the boat stuck on the sand bar figured it was long gone but NOPE it's stull stuck there, damn! The guy either has a lot of patience or a lot of beer.
...or her wrote her off and collected the insurance money already...? (Not likely)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if you can leave your boat illegally parked on a sandbar?

Ben Okopnik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Holy moly. It hasn't been sucked down yet?

I wouldn't make too many bets on it being anything but cut up and junked, this far down the road. Would love to be wrong, though.

(I'm sitting at home, all sad and blue 'cause I blew out my shift cable. The new one isn't going to get here till the weekend, at least. Oh well... shift happens, as they say.)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It was a beautiful day today , as for the guy on the boat he has a small row boat and he is still living on his stuck boat maybe he likes it there, free rent

Ben Okopnik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It was a beautiful day today
As if I wasn't jealous enough already. :)

as for the guy on the boat he has a small row boat and he is still living on his stuck boat maybe he likes it there, free rent
You've got a point. I once spent three days on the hard, balanced on my keel (Dutch steel ketch with in-hull cooling; the keel was a good 2' wide, and I laid anchors out abeam and winched them in, hard) when a strong southern wind blew all the water to the north side of Pamlico Sound, so yeah - possible. Assuming the boat isn't going to come apart at the seams from shifting on the sand, that is.

I do wonder if (or more likely, when) the local powers-that-be are going to start putting pressure on him.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last time I talked to him he said they were telling him it was a preserve and he had to remove the boat a s a p . I advised him he was not in the preserve he was on a sand bar on the opposite side of the channel where the preserve is located so they were mistaken. I guess he must have questioned the people telling him it was a preserve and they realized he wasn't in it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This boat has been there since mid Dec and it is in a very difficult place to tow it out due to all the sandbars. I did not want to go in any closer today thus the distant picture. The sand build up is getting worse out in front of the boats location so if they don't do something soon they may end up having the state or county remove it at his expense, but I do recall sail boats being in the preserve and not being removed for several months however after our last hurricane I observed numerous boats being towed off in a big hurry like never before probably paid for by F E M A . I still believe his only hope is a very large pump to wash away the sand and wash out a path to free the boat.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if you can leave your boat illegally parked on a sandbar?
Meter Maid probably has a wheel lock on his anchor and he can’t move:)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jeff - this picture is very murky.

So, I used proprietary photo-enhancement software and was able to decipher her name.

Check it out!

upload_2018-2-7_22-6-2.png

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'd just go to all the home depots, get all the illegals and pay them $9 an hour to dig it out.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd just go to all the home depots, get all the illegals and pay them $9 an hour to dig it out.
Dude, this is not greenhulk. Just saying.

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No idea what that means.
What he means is that we have rules around here and we don't write disrespectful stuff in the forum.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What he means is that we have rules around here and we don't write disrespectful stuff in the forum.
Not sure how that is disrespectful, but use your mod powers to delete it. I will keep in mind the liberal mindset of the forum moving forward.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure how that is disrespectful, but use your mod powers to delete it. I will keep in mind the liberal mindset of the forum moving forward.
Punk. Comment.

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

swatski