• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober's Stripper Pole

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober , is the orange part all the way through the swim deck or does it rest on the surface below the top of the swim deck but before the area where the ladder is stored?

I’m curious but not going to ask what your boat will cost as modified, whatever it is, i cannot afford it.

#5, Yamaha should be rolling the red carpet out for you.
They are cutting a hole on top of the swim deck (purple area) and then placing the wood (orange area) at the very bottom inner part of the swim deck. Additionally, they are going to fiber glass the bottom in for added support.

It was $2,000-$3000 for the pole. Any yes everything else is was pricey...

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You should add a water pump through the pole and a shower head on top, that would make it fun!!! :winkingthumbsup"
This guy is an evil genius

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
This guy is an evil genius
Awe, you say the nicest things! Let's just say I have spent my fair share in a particular type of club. A buddy and me actually talked about opening said type of club. It would be in an old fire house with a firehouse theme and called "Engine Co. 69."

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where is all the expense coming from? Is the base being machined?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where is all the expense coming from? Is the base being machined?
It absolutely is. As 2kwik4u mentioned above, there is a lot more going into this build since it is free standing. My previous Stripper Poles weren't that expensive in comparison since they clamped onto the tower. The forward swoosh of this tower proved to be problematic when designing the stripper pole which led to a free standing version. Fun Fact: My buddy who is designing the pole setup actually engineered and fabricated the blades for the Olympic Bobsledding Team's Bobsleds. So you can say this pole has Olympic roots =)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u .....you understand there are a couple of MASSIVE hilarious replies to your comment?! :cool:
I expect nothing less.

I usually lead conversation of "What do you do" with "I build industrial level vibrating equipment"........Usually gets the party started right there (or ends it depending on the groups outlook :D)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A. This is awesome.

B. $2K is ridiculous but not surprising contracting it out.

C. The force on the base will be quite high as the top of the pole is approached. Especially if spinning.

D. A pair of solenoids extending from the base into the pole would be an easy to build and easy to use locking system with a push button or switch to disengage.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I expect nothing less.

I usually lead conversation of "What do you do" with "I build industrial level vibrating equipment"........Usually gets the party started right there (or ends it depending on the groups outlook :D)
@2kwik4u ......AWESOME!!!!! :cool:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just received the below pics of the pole and will be picking her up later today. The sound system is an absolute beast. I will provide a detailed build thread within the next few weeks.

IMG_3667.JPGIMG_3668.JPGIMG_3669.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can't wait to see photos of it being TESTED by the appropriate end users clad in appropriate testing garb.....purely so I can critique any possible flaws in the design!
In the name of science, I've arranged for a test next week at Lake Havasu. I have 3 subjects lined up that will be wearing the appropriate PPE of practically nothing. Results to follow.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
👀

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just happened upon this thread and realized I may be in Havasu next weekend. Haha. Will update if I come across any testing.

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
ROFL this is awesome man. Keep up the good fight. Looking forward to the pictures.