• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tackling the Fall boredom...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm so with you on this topic. We call this Tweener Season. And it is the very reason my wife allowed me to purchase our first SXS years ago. We have since upgraded to a four seat Polaris General. This topic does not help the OP, with lack of storage, but it is a great tweener season activity.

I too have lined up product to do oil changes on everything, it's the fall schedule. But that being said, last weekend we took five couples to the Black Hills for trail rides. I come back to Central MN to find 41 degree mornings. Heck, that's almost too cold to ride my motorcycle to work. I would hate to have to pull docks, lifts and boat before the leaves fully change, as it's some of the most beautiful times to boat.

Tweener season is a struggle, and sled work will start real soon. I do have one video of riding my sled around the property in October! That was a bit too soon, but I was not complaining.

I have said it before, and I will say it again... Folks don't appreciate seasons until they are taken away from them.

1694705791746.png
1694705851143.png
1694705863320.png
1694705906465.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used to be a nut for musky fishing. Fell out of it because nobody wanted to go fishing in the miserable weather. Like duck hunting - good luck finding all the necessary pieces to make that happen.
I hear ya!

I got tired of waiting for people and their empty well intentioned promises so now I do most things by myself, Aka I don’t wait for anyone anymore, guests are always welcome though 😃.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We didn't winterize. Boat is in a storage unit not heated, We managed to go out once every month except for January. That said we had an exceptionally cold week around Christmas (22) which gave me some concern. I would guess you won't need to winterize.
I won’t winterize due to no need to. Very rarely freezes down here and I plan on taking the boat out hopefully the entire year. We won’t go out as much when it gets colder but I’d still like to get out and explore. We have plenty of rivers, bays, the ICW and gulf to check out.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I never knew how much I would not miss Fall & Winter till I forgot about them and saw this post.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm so with you on this topic. We call this Tweener Season. And it is the very reason my wife allowed me to purchase our first SXS years ago. We have since upgraded to a four seat Polaris General. This topic does not help the OP, with lack of storage, but it is a great tweener season activity.

I too have lined up product to do oil changes on everything, it's the fall schedule. But that being said, last weekend we took five couples to the Black Hills for trail rides. I come back to Central MN to find 41 degree mornings. Heck, that's almost too cold to ride my motorcycle to work. I would hate to have to pull docks, lifts and boat before the leaves fully change, as it's some of the most beautiful times to boat.

Tweener season is a struggle, and sled work will start real soon. I do have one video of riding my sled around the property in October! That was a bit too soon, but I was not complaining.

I have said it before, and I will say it again... Folks don't appreciate seasons until they are taken away from them.

View attachment 208587
View attachment 208588
View attachment 208589
View attachment 208590

Now that looks like fun, and I'm stealing your term, "tweener." LOL

Btw, have you seen the Farmers Almanac prediction for snow this year? Looks like trails will be open to Texas... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Buncha liars!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What kind of bikes do you ride? I've thought about it - although we have large portion of the states now open to ATV's and UTVs, dirt bikes have been excluded for some reason...

Fishing has been another thought. Finding a 16" aluminum would give me more reasons to go boating...
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. UTVs are the downfall of the wilderness, every idiot that can drive a car can now go destroy a trail.

If you get a bike for fun a trail/enduro type bike is the way to go vs a motocross bike. You get 6 speeds instead of 5, softer suspension, engine that can run down low easier, lights. You can make most street legal without too much trouble if you need that to access good trails where you are. Pretty much everyone makes them now but KTM and Husqvarna are definitely most popular.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m not missing boating/getting in the water season wrapping up this time of year. This will be the first fall/winter down here and I have no idea when or if I’m going to be done boating and I need less than 1/20th of the firewood that I used to need if I need any at all. My recommendation to @anmut is to move south for a longer boating season👍
We're doing the same thing.....well sort of.

We'll be boating in/around Destin the first week of October. Go south for additional opportunities.

I'm |....| that close to picking up roots and moving south permanently for this very reason

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to be a nut for musky fishing. Fell out of it because nobody wanted to go fishing in the miserable weather. Like duck hunting - good luck finding all the necessary pieces to make that happen.
I may know of an area that's great for most all waterfowl hunting! Was (is?) considered a close second to the Horicon marsh Area... Might need a different boat for that hunting, but I may know a guy for that as well

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're doing the same thing.....well sort of.

We'll be boating in/around Destin the first week of October. Go south for additional opportunities.

I'm |....| that close to picking up roots and moving south permanently for this very reason
In less than 2 years of us being in the Destin area for spring break we moved down here so I expect the same from you. 😉

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

The one thing that I’m going to miss the most is snowmobiling. Nothing else can compare to being on a snow rocket.
1694729885300.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m not missing boating/getting in the water season wrapping up this time of year. This will be the first fall/winter down here and I have no idea when or if I’m going to be done boating and I need less than 1/20th of the firewood that I used to need if I need any at all. My recommendation to @anmut is to move south for a longer boating season👍
I've got a paradox with grandparents and their grandkids that's holding us here... I don't have the stomach to go from seeing each other a few times a week to a few times a year when time is running out for both sides.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. UTVs are the downfall of the wilderness, every idiot that can drive a car can now go destroy a trail.

If you get a bike for fun a trail/enduro type bike is the way to go vs a motocross bike. You get 6 speeds instead of 5, softer suspension, engine that can run down low easier, lights. You can make most street legal without too much trouble if you need that to access good trails where you are. Pretty much everyone makes them now but KTM and Husqvarna are definitely most popular.
Welcome to Wisconsin. It's the state of good intentions with poor follow-through. There are some areas for bikes, but really nothing that connects them. UTV's, man they're fun, but they're also usually driven by people completely drunk - commonly seen with cooler strapped to the backs of them.

Have you seen the know $3k Honda 150L? That's pretty rad for a new bike. Not a lot of motor to play with, but a brand new enduro for 3k? DAMN.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The one thing that I’m going to miss the most is snowmobiling. Nothing else can compare to being on a snow rocket.
View attachment 208601
Snowmobiling is amazing fun. We did it as kids, and as an adult with the family, picked it up a few years ago. 2022 we got some new ski-doo Rennys in the 600r flavor, and it's my winter obsession.

But... much like everything I love apparently... weather dependent. First year we got into it, trails were open in the entire state, you could ride from Madison to the UP. Last few years have been trash locally - 2022 the trails never opened here, 2023 they were open for ~ 2 weeks (just long enough for the clubs to run the groomers enough to get their state funds), and then shut again.

That said, I don't mind trailering for an hour or two, because honestly - the rush you get from banging some high speed trails would be illegal if the democrats found out about it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In less than 2 years of us being in the Destin area for spring break we moved down here so I expect the same from you. 😉
We were down there June of '21, October of '22 and now October of '23. Took the boat June of '21 and (plan to) October '23.

Wife can work from anywhere her company has a branch (FL counts), so that's covered. I'm heavily invested in this company (1% owner at this point), but am losing interest in the field and am having a ton of burnout, so if I can find something remote that I can work from anywhere.......there's a good chance.

And to those that say seasons are great. I disagree. Here in the Ohio River Valley, we get to experience all 4, often within days of each other. I'm over it. If Tucson had a beach I might have already moved.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FYI, there is no wheeled travel in wilderness area’s, that includes wheel chairs, bicycles, etc… here in the hills the nfs has also started enforcing the 64” wide rule as well…

Totally agree with your assessment about the wide ratio gear box dirt bikes, that’s all I’ve ridden for the last 43 years. And KTM has just re set the high bar with their new two strokes.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a paradox with grandparents and their grandkids that's holding us here... I don't have the stomach to go from seeing each other a few times a week to a few times a year when time is running out for both sides.
We were down there June of '21, October of '22 and now October of '23. Took the boat June of '21 and (plan to) October '23.

Wife can work from anywhere her company has a branch (FL counts), so that's covered. I'm heavily invested in this company (1% owner at this point), but am losing interest in the field and am having a ton of burnout, so if I can find something remote that I can work from anywhere.......there's a good chance.

And to those that say seasons are great. I disagree. Here in the Ohio River Valley, we get to experience all 4, often within days of each other. I'm over it. If Tucson had a beach I might have already moved.
It was hard to leave everything and everyone I’ve ever known and move somewhere we’ve never been before but it has been worth it. Change of scenery and a change of pace is nice. There’s always going to be a reason to not make the move(family, job, etc) but if you truly want it you just need to commit. I left a job of 20yrs that i really enjoyed but am enjoying the job that I have now just as much. Don’t be afraid of change, sometimes change is all you need.

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
hare scrambler racing season is starting but then again i live in orlando so boating is really never over, we do head to breck over Thanksgiving for snowboarding and skiing, heading to the Bahamas in Oct. for 4 days of boating, should be fun.

315304832_2418684071615897_9126257166547184783_n.jpg314713301_2414516648699306_1566415176844028581_n.jpgcommander.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 208601
Sled rentals are everywhere, you can always come visit! I put on 2500 miles last season! Most of them out my door!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now that looks like fun, and I'm stealing your term, "tweener." LOL

Btw, have you seen the Farmers Almanac prediction for snow this year? Looks like trails will be open to Texas... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Buncha liars!
Tweener season is a real thing. Wake up and put on flannel, and pulling a skier at 6pm. I gave my neighbor a tow last night. She ran the full length of the lake twice. One other boat did not get the memo that this was her night to ski. She was carving glass with the biggest smile on her face. 4mm neoprene was a nice touch!

I had not driven her AR210 in a while, and it reminded me, that 1. They are not under powered 2. Yamaha engines love cool water!