• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha starter pack? What came in that?

My dealer provided what he called the "coast guard starter pack" but he told me in New York you can't sell a brand new boat without including the basics to be water legal. Basically that "kit" included four universal orange life vests, a flare, and orange flag, and a paddle (boat already came with the fire extinguisher)

Obviously the laws/regulations in Canada I would assume are different, but probably similar?

He also through in some bumpers and lines and a couple neoprene Yamaha vests

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Called the dealer and told him i wanted the shipping cover! He was surprised i wanted it due to the fact i ordered the mooring cover. I told him that i learned that a lot of guys/gals on the Jet Boaters forum use them when traveling long distances to save the wear and tear on the mooring cover. This got me thinking? Is the mooring cover just supposed to be used at the dock? Is it strong enough to handle highway driving conditions? I also ordered 2 yellow supercharger decals off the 2012 AR192 to go on my 2017 AR195 seeing this years model appears to have none. Both hulls are black & yellow.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Shipping cover very durable and would be perfect for long haul... that's what it's designed for...

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My dealer surprised I wanted mine as well but easily provided to me

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see lots of posters tinting their boat windows black. I wonder what my Black/Yellow hull boat would look like with a yellow tint. I wonder if i could use a stock AR195 picture and photo shop in yellow tinted windows??? I do love the black tinted ones though!!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The mooring cover is made for trailering. It conches down tight and has the "vacu-hold" vents. I've trailered over 3,000 miles with mine. The shipping covers are great freebies though.

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So... My dealer through in a $500 credit for Yamaha accessories. No starter pack, but probably the equivalent.

A couple picks of the rig (sorry, forgot about pictures until the EOD):
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So... My dealer through in a $500 credit for Yamaha accessories. No starter pack, but probably the equivalent.

A couple picks of the rig (sorry, forgot about pictures until the EOD):
View attachment 46691 View attachment 46692
Sweet set-up!!!!love the tires on your hauler...look like my 35" Toyo's on my Silverado...very aggressive.:winkingthumbsup"

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I considered matching the wheels on the trailer with the Jeep but I couldn't justify it, so I just ordered a standard spare.

Has anyone found a registration number kit that color matches the yellow graphics on the AR195? Or should I just go with white?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks, I considered matching the wheels on the trailer with the Jeep but I couldn't justify it, so I just ordered a standard spare.

Has anyone found a registration number kit that color matches the yellow graphics on the AR195? Or should I just go with white?
I had my lettering customized at http://doityourselflettering.com to match my 192 blue colors Graphics & Lettering .

Nice boat and rig. Be sure you get rid of that stock plastic bow roller if you want your gel coat to remain nice and shiny. Get the Stoltz many of us go with.

Last edited:

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haknlash - thanks for the tips! I read back and found the discussion on the bow roller. Do you think the 3.5" will work or do you recommend the 4"? I'm really hoping not to have to deal with modifying the roller, but if the 3.5" will not function properly, or if it looks out of place, it may be worth the effort.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

No idea on the registration # but if you want the yellow supercharger decal on the boat you have to order one from the 2012 AR192 model year. i'm also ordering the scholtz roller and i think another thread says the 4" roller works the best. I,m pretty sure its in 3 pieces plus the hardware. Anyone have the stock # for that?

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i think this is the roller everyone says to purchase - Stoltz Ultimate Bow Stop Roller Assembly - # ULT-4.5062026_large_1.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian I'm at Chatlee now and the 2017s looks good. the 195 is pretty, but nothing else special other than the engine.

the 212 Limited is really impressive. It has a lot of the niceties of the 242. WOW the difference from the 210 to the 212 is huge....

I thought my new boat would have to be a 242, but it could easily be a 212 limited. the articulating keel on the 212 is HUGE compare to the 19 series.

Funny side note - the bow rollers on the 212 limited and the 212 are HORRIBLE. note the pics below; the rollers are crushed and not even cylindrical any more.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haknlash - thanks for the tips! I read back and found the discussion on the bow roller. Do you think the 3.5" will work or do you recommend the 4"? I'm really hoping not to have to deal with modifying the roller, but if the 3.5" will not function properly, or if it looks out of place, it may be worth the effort.
The 3.5" Stoltz roller would work fine I'm sure but it wouldn't be quite as wide as the stock plastic roller since it measures at 3.6". There would be a small gap where the roller could move from side to side but we're talking less than an 1/8" total travel. I bought the Stoltz Ultimate 4" that most use on here and just had the sides cut so that the roller measures exactly the same 3.6" as the stock roller did for a nice fit.

Here is a thread where a member bought and used the newer Stoltz 3.5" roller. You can see my pics in that thread as well to compare. https://jetboaters.net/threads/stoltz-ultimate-bow-stop-roller-dont-care-for-fit-fixed.10472/

In the end either of them would be better than the stock roller! You'll find that it won't take but a few times out with your boat before you start seeing how bad the stock roller marks up the gel coat.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Eric Ballard did they have a 2017 212X? What did you think if they did?

Didn't get a chance to see the keel on the 21" boats when I test drove as they were out of the water....did you take any pics of it?
They did not have a 212 X just the 212 Limited S and an AR210.

Below are pictures of the 212 Limited S. I really like that you get some of the nice features of the 242. the same captains chairs. On the 212 Limited S you can flip up the bolster and stand comfortably behind the wheel which I really like.

I didn't like the 210 having the TR-1 engines.

OH! and the fresh water inlets for flushing the engine are on the lower swim platform so you don't have to drag a hose into the cabin of the boat. you can see them in the first pic below.

I love the hinged seats!

The black hull was awesome.

20160927_114227.jpg 20160927_114238.jpg 20160927_114244.jpg 20160927_114251.jpg 20160927_114907.jpg

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I decided to pull the trigger on the Stoltz RP355, the 3.5. Hopefully I can just add a washer to each side to tighten up any play. Once installed I'll update this post. Thanks for all the help!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I decided to pull the trigger on the Stoltz RP355, the 3.5. Hopefully I can just add a washer to each side to tighten up any play. Once installed I'll update this post. Thanks for all the help!
That IS the way to go, IMO. Those were specifically designed for Yamaha trailer, per Stoltz.

The bracket (roller holder brace) in my trailer was not completely strait/even on both sides when I took off the old roller. When I mounted the new roller, the bracket compressed around the center piece just nice enough for the center roller to fit snag, with the long bolt they provide, and it looked strait enough. I backed off with the nylon locking nut a bit as not to squeeze the roller too hard.

Seems to work great. I tend to pull the boat up all the way, and I do that "brake hard at 5mph" trick to slide the boat forward all the way before I tighten the winch strap and the tie downs hard.
Here are some pictures.
My OEM roller was about to crack:

Here are the new parts:

Installed:

So far it fits snug, and seems to support the boat well over a few 20 mile trips. I don't see how this could possibly be worse then the OEM system it replaced. Which I kept as a back up, haha.

Swapping those parts is no work.
I waited with this mod until the 3.5" roller became available as I did not really want to cut into/trim polyurethane (or whatever that is) piece, I have zero background in material science but that just didn't strike me as the best method.

--

Last edited: