• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seriously, you think its a political statement so say that many Republicans get their news from right leaning news sources and many Democrats get their news from left leaning news sources?

Jim
I got my post removed simply for stating that our government is shipping unvaccinated immigrants all over this country, not only did I get that post removed for that statement but I also got a warning so yes I do think it’s political bullshit that you were spewing. Never did I mention a political party like you just did so take that for what it’s worth.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Seriously, you think its a political statement so say that many Republicans get their news from right leaning news sources and many Democrats get their news from left leaning news sources?

Jim
Jim...you posted an article that, at it's core, was political.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
@adrianp89 do you really have such little understanding of CoVID-19 that you were unaware that organ and heart failure occur in severe infections?
Bruce, surely you're aware that the vaccines have been linked to myocarditis and pericarditis? Ripler's article was as short on information, and as suspect as the one you posted on Kali Cook.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Jim...you posted an article that, at it's core, was political.
Lurch, I didn't read the article as political as it wasn't pushing for, or against, any side of the political spectrum. Rather, it discussed that the American public. as a whole, has a poor understanding of the true risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, and that these misperceptions vary by political party, R, D, and I. I think it shows that we all could benefit from better information.

I did have some reservations about posting the link, and had it been a one-sided article (pushing one group over another) I would not have link it.

From a public health perspective, I find it interesting that Democrats are more likely to overstate hospitalization risks for unvaccinated people, while Republicans are more likely to overstate risks to vaccinated people, leading to very low vaccine efficacy estimates. I think this drives a lot of public discussion that we have on vaccinations, including ones on this thread. Myself, I find it helpful to learn why some folks might have a different perspective than I, and I think it helps me have better discussions with others.

Jim

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure the vaccination thing goes strictly down party lines. The Republicans within my social groups are overwhelmingly vaccinated. I dislike the over generalization.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a hard buy for me. Not doubting his sickness, but that COVID caused heart failure and other organ failure. It also fails to mention vaccine status, which inflammation of the heart is a potential side effect.
Mildy deductive reasoning: his symptoms started in January, well before widespread vaccine availability. Combine that with the well-known long term organ damage fairly commonly observed after infection, and the exceedingly low prevalence of myocarditis following vaccination (younger you are, worse it can be), and this adds up to a plausible story to me.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not sure the vaccination thing goes strictly down party lines. The Republicans within my social groups are overwhelmingly vaccinated. I dislike the over generalization.
Agreed, but there are some pretty strong trends overall. Red states had/have a much lower vaccination rate, while at the same time, minorities (a significantly democrat group) also have a far lower vaccination uptake. Nothing here is black and white.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed, but there are some pretty strong trends overall. Red states had/have a much lower vaccination rate, while at the same time, minorities (a significantly democrat group) also have a far lower vaccination uptake. Nothing here is black and white.
That is exactly my point. We only have two major parties and using that to wholly identify people is not sufficient regardless of overall tendencies.

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hmm. Might be time to buy stock in Merck....

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My very large company just pushed out our return to work until at least next year. I think a big part of it is that they don’t know what to do with this vaccine mandate.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The reinfection rate in Oklahoma is twice as high as the breakthrough infection rate. This is similar to previous CDC reporting that found greater protection from vaccination versus previous infection.

1633053287643.png

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
The reinfection rate in Oklahoma is twice as high as the breakthrough infection rate. This is similar to previous CDC reporting that found greater protection from vaccination versus previous infection.

View attachment 164552
How many of those reinfections were also vaccinated? Without that data, it's a jump to say that vaccination provides better protection than natural immunity.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reinfections occur in not fully vaccinated. Breakthrough occur in fully vaccinated. See **footnote.

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Reinfections occur in not fully vaccinated. Breakthrough occur in fully vaccinated. See **footnote.
That's not at all what the *footnote states, only that reinfections need be > 90 days apart (the **footnote only denotes breakthroughs, not reinfections). Even in the report, it's noted that reinfections have surfaced in 4700 vaccinated AND unvaccinated.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Merck time to go back to life and work.
/thread
For a 50% reduction in mild cases becoming severe? This thread and the delta wave are fueled by people who scoff at >80% reduction and trolls.

Last edited:

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
For a 50% reduction in mild cases becoming severe? This thread is fueled by people who scoff at >80% reduction and trolls.
LOL

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How are the good folks over here on the Vax-Scene thread doing today?

Capt99ure.JPG

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That is exactly my point. We only have two major parties and using that to wholly identify people is not sufficient regardless of overall tendencies.
That's the funny thing, why do you have to be classified as one or the other. Nobody ever said you did, but you wouldn't know it looking at things.

Status
Not open for further replies.