• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No vax for me. Gonna wait until they are done experimenting on all the sheep. Carry on.
This likely is where we should have ended your participation in this discussion. Long before you moved on to ivermectin and attacking medical workers

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I do my own research and do with my body whatI I think is right for me. I do not care what you think on any subject because I do my own research and measure the risk reward option for myself.
I think this is the crux of the issue I have with your perspective. Its all about "me". This world is full of people who seem to have forgotten what the greater good is. You stand proud saying you fought for your country, and then in this simple statement effectively say screw the rest of you, I'm not going to help humanity prevent the spread, I'm doing what I want.

Selflessness seems to have evaporated for so many.

I've read through many of your posts and I really haven't gleaned WHY you don't want to get the vaccine. You risked your life in combat, yet now feel what? I ask this honestly. I really do not understand what risks this vaccine poses for you? The rewards of slowing the death rate before we hit ONE MILLION DEAD would seem like a reasonable enticement???? That's more Americans dead than (I think) all our wars?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys should stand down and give these folks their space. You corner someone with a mob and they are gonna say or do things that you don’t like or agree with. Do we put this same kind of pressure on folks to get the flu shot ? One kills 100000 per year and the other kills 300000 over 1.5 years. Yet I don’t see folks calling people out for not getting the flu shot.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One kills 100000 per year and the other kills 300000 over 1.5 years
Influenza kills an average of 37,000 Americans per year.

There were 522,368 excess deaths in the US from March to December of 2020. (Excess Deaths From COVID-19 and Other Causes in the US, March 2020 to January 2021) During 2020 around 339,000 US deaths were officially determined to be CoVID deaths. That total now is around 610,000. It is widely accepted that CoVID deaths are underreported as many died without testing.

CoVID deaths in 2020 outpaced typical influenza deaths by more than ten fold.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think this is the crux of the issue I have with your perspective. Its all about "me". This world is full of people who seem to have forgotten what the greater good is. You stand proud saying you fought for your country, and then in this simple statement effectively say screw the rest of you, I'm not going to help humanity prevent the spread, I'm doing what I want.

Selflessness seems to have evaporated for so many.

I've read through many of your posts and I really haven't gleaned WHY you don't want to get the vaccine. You risked your life in combat, yet now feel what? I ask this honestly. I really do not understand what risks this vaccine poses for you? The rewards of slowing the death rate before we hit ONE MILLION DEAD would seem like a reasonable enticement???? That's more Americans dead than (I think) all our wars?
Julian
I have tremendous respect for you as a person because you do not belittle, browbeat or disparage other people. I am on a prophylactic protocol to prevent COVID which I think works from my research and the antidotal evidence of my doctor. My ailments will remain private because I don’t think my personal medical situation is anybodies business but my own. I get to thank Uncle Sam for that but that was the my decision alone. I have never told anyone not to get the vaccine and as a matter of fact all of my children and my spouse has gotten the vaccine. Myself and my Doctor decided that with my particular ailments the vaccine was to much risk for myself. I am doing a different regimen that myself and my healthcare provider decided that was the best option for myself.I trust this man implicitly.

I have not been indoors anywhere in the lastyear and a half with the exception of the gas station or the grocery store when my wife is not available. When I enter any establishment I wear a mask and I socially distance. My wife is vaccinated and still wears a mask in any establishment. The 1 child that lives with me wears a mask in my house at all times.

Please do not think that I am an anti vaccine zealot but never before in history has a vaccine used MRNA technology. This is simple truth. NMRA technology has been around for many years but has never been used in a vaccine. From my doctors research he feels that for people with certain ailments the vaccine has a to many adverse events. He explained all the research to me and I decided to follow a different protocol. He has been vaccinated also. Every doctors app I make I make sure I am first in the morning and I wear a N 99 mask even though sometimes I cant stand the thing.

By the way my Doctor has a little over 2000 patients on this protocol and 2 have contracted COVID. Do you think he is lying to me and for what reason?

I think the real travesty is our healthcare system that tells people with COVID to go home and take Tylenol and fluids and come back if you turn blue. People should be treated with anti virals at the very first sign of COVID and not after they have went home and came back after COVID has ravaged their respatory system after 7 to 10 days of the Tylenol and fluid advice.

So please explain to me where I am all about me and the hell with everyone else. When my wife and I go in the store and we are the only people wearing masks we are looked at with confusion and sometimes blatant scorn. But I am trying to look out for myself and the people I come in contact with. My medical situation is really no ones business.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am on a prophylactic protocol to prevent COVID which I think works from my research and the antidotal evidence of my doctor.
Belief that worming yourself is an effective prophylactic or treatment for CoVID has led to much bad behavior which has led to unnecessary deaths. Legitimate studies are underway. Until there is evidence of benefit there is no reason to suggest that a possible single digit improvement in outcomes from worming oneself is preferable to a vaccination that improves outcomes by more than 80%.

have not been indoors anywhere in the lastyear and a half with the exception of the gas station or the grocery store when my wife is not available. When I enter any establishment I wear a mask and I socially distance. My wife is vaccinated and still wears a mask in any establishment.
I appreciate you taking these precautions to protect yourself and others.

never before in history has a vaccine used MRNA technology. This is simple truth.
That is not true at all. Development of mRNA vaccines began before 1990. There are as many as 190 mRNA vaccine studies registered in the US. Human studies dosing mRNA vaccines have occurred, in the US, since 2004 if not earlier. Search of: mrna vaccine - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

In recent years multiple mRNA Zika vaccines were studied in humans. Moderna produced one of those Zika vaccines. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2017/01/zika-mrna-vaccine-enters-clinical-trial-angola-reports-cases

People should be treated with anti virals at the very first sign of COVID
Cattle wormers are not anti-viral.

So please explain to me where I am all about me and the hell with everyone else.
Your comments in this thread are viewed by most if not all as opposed to vaccination. This comment is the first time that I have seen you express anything that suggested that CoVID should be taken seriously.

I hope that your illness will resolve and that others will take sufficient precautions to protect you.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian
I have tremendous respect for you as a person because you do not belittle, browbeat or disparage other people. I am on a prophylactic protocol to prevent COVID which I think works from my research and the antidotal evidence of my doctor. My ailments will remain private because I don’t think my personal medical situation is anybodies business but my own. I get to thank Uncle Sam for that but that was the my decision alone. I have never told anyone not to get the vaccine and as a matter of fact all of my children and my spouse has gotten the vaccine. Myself and my Doctor decided that with my particular ailments the vaccine was to much risk for myself. I am doing a different regimen that myself and my healthcare provider decided that was the best option for myself.I trust this man implicitly.

I have not been indoors anywhere in the lastyear and a half with the exception of the gas station or the grocery store when my wife is not available. When I enter any establishment I wear a mask and I socially distance. My wife is vaccinated and still wears a mask in any establishment. The 1 child that lives with me wears a mask in my house at all times.

Please do not think that I am an anti vaccine zealot but never before in history has a vaccine used MRNA technology. This is simple truth. NMRA technology has been around for many years but has never been used in a vaccine. From my doctors research he feels that for people with certain ailments the vaccine has a to many adverse events. He explained all the research to me and I decided to follow a different protocol. He has been vaccinated also. Every doctors app I make I make sure I am first in the morning and I wear a N 99 mask even though sometimes I cant stand the thing.

By the way my Doctor has a little over 2000 patients on this protocol and 2 have contracted COVID. Do you think he is lying to me and for what reason?

I think the real travesty is our healthcare system that tells people with COVID to go home and take Tylenol and fluids and come back if you turn blue. People should be treated with anti virals at the very first sign of COVID and not after they have went home and came back after COVID has ravaged their respatory system after 7 to 10 days of the Tylenol and fluid advice.

So please explain to me where I am all about me and the hell with everyone else. When my wife and I go in the store and we are the only people wearing masks we are looked at with confusion and sometimes blatant scorn. But I am trying to look out for myself and the people I come in contact with. My medical situation is really no ones business.
That is a perfectly fine reason not to be vaccinated. But it is, by the sound of it, a pretty rare set of conditions. When you get on a social media platform like this and voice your concerns quite vocally, you might persuade someone who would actually be better served with a robust efficacious vaccine, to not be. Do you think that is wise?

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a perfectly fine reason not to be vaccinated. But it is, by the sound of it, a pretty rare set of conditions. When you get on a social media platform like this and voice your concerns quite vocally, you might persuade someone who would actually be better served with a robust efficacious vaccine, to not be. Do you think that is wise?
The only concerns I have are when people get browbeaten and shamed and ridiculed for not getting a vaccine. I said this a million times —- if you choose to get the vaccine good 4 you. I never once told anyone to not get the vaccine NOT ONCE

EVERYONE WHO FEELS THEY SHOULD GET THE VACCINE PLEASE DO

Last edited:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The only concerns I have are when people get browbeaten and shamed and ridiculed for not getting a vaccine. I said this a million times —- if you choose to get the vaccine good 4 you. I never once told anyone to not get the vaccine NOT ONCE

EVERYONE WHO FEELS THEY SHOULD GET THE VACCINE PLEASE DO
Given the morbidity statistics, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t.

My vaccine experience was positive. The side effects of my body creating antibodies and resistance to the virus was unpleasant, it has opened doors previously closed.

Specifically, with respect to mask wearing and relaxing of restrictions and return to the workplace for my teams. The in person collaboration and water cooler talk and exchange of ideas has been fantastic vs a scheduled or forced interaction.

I hope and pray that the new variants do not take us collectively back to isolation and further lockdowns.

I am not an expert but the science indicates the unvaccinated are the most at risk. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't wait for the people that have been against voter ID to come out and tell me I need a vax ID.
They're the same people that have been telling us for decades "my body my choice". Some how my body my choice doesn't apply in this situation 🤔

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They're the same people that have been telling us for decades "my body my choice". Some how my body my choice doesn't apply in this situation 🤔
This is moving too far into the domain of politics.

Health should not be political and the no politics policy is quite clear on this forum.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread has been political and dominated by salvo after salvo of thinly veiled (and not veiled at all) personal attacks from a number of players from both sides of the issue for many, many pages.

Signing out of this thread. Enjoy the pissing contest, boys. Carry on, I suppose.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is moving too far into the domain of politics.

Health should not be political and the no politics policy is quite clear on this forum.
Political? Really? Describe the political nature of my comment, please. I consider this hypocritical not political.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My SIL, her husband and all of their kids except for one have recently tested positive. Most of them had mild symptoms (slight fever, running nose, body aches, headache etc). Lasted 2-3 days and now they’re feeling ok. Some did lose taste and smell. My SIL was 100% vaccinated months ago along with her husband. They likely had the Delta since that is what is mostly in our state these days. They likely picked it up from the kids summer camp since they let parents know there were some kids testing positive they may have come in contact with.

In regards to masks I don’t think they actually work (the ones that aren’t N95 which is 99.9999% of mask wearers) so I’m not sure why there is this push to mask people up again. You can look at states that fully locked down, masked up and compare those to states with more relaxed measures and see there is no difference. Now they are trying to say even if you’re vaxxed you have to wear them which sends the wrong message and honestly makes zero sense. I took the vaccine knowing it isn’t full proof but that IF I did get it that the effects would be greatly lessened. That was my choice and why I took it so that I didn’t have to wear this stupid ass mask everywhere that doesn’t do jack shit. If they truly want people to get the vaccine they need to stop playing with people and get behind the shit. All they are doing is screwing it up with mixed signals.

Being vaxxed sometimes I have regrets a little and other times not so much and glad I have it. Time will tell I suppose. We aren’t on this floating rock forever. I do get these strange but super strong muscle cramps in my legs. So bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night, I can’t walk it off or do anything but just grit my teeth in pain until the cramp stops. Never had that prior to vaccine but there’s also no telling if other things are causing it (not enough water, salt, electrolytes etc) or it could be the vaccine for all I know like Jeff’s symptoms. At this point there are plenty of opportunities for people to get vaxxed. It is 100% their right to do as they wish and not big governments or anyone else to say what they must do. Those that are vaxxed have made their choice. They are less likely to have serious issues should they get the virus. Everyone else has made their choice at this point, so it is what it is.

That UAB doctor article posted recently in this thread was from our local propaganda news outlet in the state. They love to push edgy articles to stir up emotions on people. They also are guilty of posting misinformation and misquoting people to push a narrative. I wouldn’t trust much from them other than know that aren’t well respected in our state as a reliable or trusted news source. Take that as you may from someone that knows al.com. We have the lowest vaccine percentage in the country in my state so they have been pushing hard AF with these edgy articles lately. That website and news outlet is known as a joke in the state so take it for what it’s worth...media sensationalism. The same news outlet also likes the make the reader feel like it’s our fault the virus is out there. You never hear of news outlets demanding the source of this damn virus and to hold those people and countries accountable. There needs to be a real multinational investigation on this shit and people or countries need to be held accountable. I think people are fed up with politics, government and the medical professionals at this point and they feel betrayed because everyone in power has turned this pandemic into their own little game and it’s disgusting and truly pulled the green screen curtain back.

One metric I don’t see anyone talk about is that there are millions of people around the world that have the vaccine. Yes numbers are going up in huge spikes across the globe again but look at the number that actually matters. The deaths are nowhere near as common. That is because there are millions of people vaccinated. So if millions of people are vaccinated, and numbers of deaths are not rising anywhere near the same ratio they were prior to vaccines, then the issue of this virus has lessened dramatically. Yet big gov and everyone else is still acting like this is of grave importance as if there was no vaccine or medical help that has proven to lessen the effects of the virus. It’s like people are completely disregarding that yes numbers of cases are rising but the deaths are not following the same trends just after infection spikes like they were before. In a nutshell the mortality has dropped like a rock because there are millions of people who simply won’t have anything other than very mild symptoms should they get virus while vaccinated. Yet even with this knowledge, big gov, big media, big medical wants to strong arm and shout down on people who choose not to get it. It doesn’t effect those who have been vaxxed so what is the issue? I don’t get it with some people. I’m more of a live and let live kind of person though so maybe that is why I don’t care what someone else choose to do. I’ve done my part and that’s all I can do. It’s not my place nor my mission in life to force shit on people that they clearly at this point choose not to do. It’s not a misinformation campaign. The people that have been throwing all the mixed symbols are the people in power and they are the ones playing with people and the ones to blame. I don’t blame the public for not trusting these people anymore.

This thread now sucks just like the other ones turned into. That is all lol. If I could do it all over again I’d still get the vaccine and I’m one of those people who had all sorts of reservations about the unknowns of it, and I still do from time to time, but it is what it is at this point in my life. I just don’t want to be like others I’ve known who had to be in the hospital for weeks or months and sometimes on a ventilator or on oxygen. We’ve had some folks die as well. So for me, I just took a leap of faith. If I grow 3 arms and two penises so be it. I’ll make the best of it I’m sure lol. On the other side I also respect others wishes who choose not to get it or protect themselves from the virus. That is their call and should not be anyone else’s, at least not in this country, while it’s still free.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You guys should stand down and give these folks their space. You corner someone with a mob and they are gonna say or do things that you don’t like or agree with. Do we put this same kind of pressure on folks to get the flu shot ? One kills 100000 per year and the other kills 300000 over 1.5 years. Yet I don’t see folks calling people out for not getting the flu shot.
No one is forced to discuss their vaccination status or reason for or against getting it.

My reason for being outspoken is the fact that there is a "social campaign" of disinformation that has swung a significant percentage of people to not want to get it. As vaccines and their use require "the herd" to get it or spread continues, it is important for accurate information to get out there. I've posted a number of times with the links to the facts. Hopefully that helps.

In the discussion with @crazylife I would have understood much better if he'd posted what he did yesterday sooner. Effectively, my doc says I shouldn't get it, but my whole family has it. Drives a very different point home than "im not getting it you can do what you want".

It's important we understand that vaccines need us all to work to stop the deaths and long term consequences for those who get it and are never the same.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Political? Really? Describe the political nature of my comment, please. I consider this hypocritical not political.
You brought up the abortion debate. Are you suggesting it is not political? and/or religious.

That can not be serious. But who's hypocritical, anyway.

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes.....let's keep the abortion debate out of this. Pregnancy is not a wildly contagious and deadly disease that requires a vaccine to prevent its spread and to prevent the deaths of a million Americans. So no....not even close to a pertinent analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.