• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markwest

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thursday night I got the J&J shot. Wanted the one and done. First night fine. Second night a little tired and periods of chills and hot. Nothing too bad. Couple Tylenol and I was good to go.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Day 2 of our second dose and no issues aside from a little soreness. Less than the 1st shot. A little tired but nothing out of the ordinary. Sunday’s are always my lazy days around the house.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thursday night I got the J&J shot. Wanted the one and done. First night fine. Second night a little tired and periods of chills and hot. Nothing too bad. Couple Tylenol and I was good to go.
I'm just learning from this post that J&J is 1 shot haha. My dad got the J&J yesterday and he was fine. I'm going wednesday to get mine.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I got Pfizer in early feb, no negative reactions at all. My opinion, get the vaccine so we stop with this madness
We had covid last year...it was mild flu like systems that lasted 3-4 days. We're now immune and don't need the vaccine. Yes there could be variants, but the vaccine doesn't protect against them so the vaccine is useless to us. In fact there's no data to show the vaccine protects against covid. But there's a year of data that shows covid is not that serious as initially thought with 97+% survival rates, and over 99% for those under 65 (the workforce).
Its up to you if you want to get vaccinated or not, but there is plenty of data that demonstrates that the vaccines do protect you against covid and lower transmission rates.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Day 3 from second dose and I feel normal. Wife was a little weak yesterday from the 2nd shot and she dropped a pan of fresh baked cookies off the tray and down inside the oven lol. Both of us agreed our arms were not as sore with the 2nd shot. No bruising for me either this time.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In fact there's no data to show the vaccine protects against covid.
No sir, you are wrong: there is overwhelming amount of data on the vaccine effectiveness; it is conclusive, demonstrable, it can be measured. Just like so many other things that can be measured by modern medical diagnostics.

You can choose to be uninformed or believe whatever you want. Science and technology doesn't care what you believe.

--

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No sir, you are wrong: there is overwhelming amount of data on the vaccine effectiveness; it is conclusive, demonstrable, it can be measured. Just like so many other things that can be measured by modern medical diagnostics.

You can choose to be uninformed or believe whatever you want. Science and technology doesn't care what you believe.

--
Yes. This.

And, regarding many other posts I’ve read here - the vaccine is not for ‘yourself’, as a first order of business. Your vaccination is for the benefit of the general population.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I wish I could cite - hard to cite a source when there's no data from which to source.
Do you have sources that say otherwise with facts and statistical data?

I really don't want to pile on here but this is not in question. The vaccines work. Period. Full stop

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My family is already immune and we can't spread or infect others.
This statement is not correct.

You do understand that you are not immune fully since you have had Covid? Also the length of the partial immunity is also not understood as of yet. You can still get Covid again and you can still transmit Covid after having it. People have been reinfected after having Covid in as little as a couple of months and than have died from it. This was also mentioned above.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But there's a year of data that shows covid is not that serious as initially thought with 97+% survival rates, and over 99% for those under 65 (the workforce).
Tell that to the nearly three million people who have died from COVID worldwide.
Oh, and no, you’re not as immune as you think you are.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@212s I am not sure how to even respond to that misinformation, so I won't.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's ok I like to learn....but I've already been through that page. Where are the empirical facts and statistical data?

I did notice this at the end of all the "facts", last paragraph at the bottom of a long page:

"Keep in mind that if you’re fully vaccinated from COVID-19, your risk of getting COVID-19 might be low. But if you become infected, you might spread the COVID-19 virus"

Umm...so that means the vaccine might not work?
No one has ever claimed that vaccines offer 100% immunity, but they do offer better protection than previous infection

Since you don’t seem to be able to read very well, here are all the citations for the Mayo article. They are all listed at the bottom of the page:

1. Interim public health recommendations for vaccinated people. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. COVID-19 Vaccination. Accessed March 8, 2021.
  2. AskMayoExpert. COVID-19: Vaccination. Mayo Clinic; 2020.
  3. How CDC is making COVID-19 recommendations. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. How CDC Is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations. Accessed Dec. 8, 2020.
  4. Information about COVID-19 vaccines for people with allergies. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. COVID-19 Vaccination. Accessed March 5, 2021.
  5. Xie X, et al. Neutralization of N501Y mutant SARS-CoV-2 by BNT162b2 vaccine-elicited sera. bioRxiv. In press. doi: 10.1101/2021.01.07.425740.
  6. Benefits of getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine. Accessed Dec. 8, 2020.
  7. Facts about COVID-19 vaccines. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits/facts.html. Accessed Dec. 8, 2020.
  8. Understanding mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines. Accessed Dec. 8, 2020.
  9. Frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination. Accessed Feb. 1, 2021.
  10. COVID-19 frequently asked questions. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions. Accessed Dec. 9, 2020.
  11. Moderna announces primary efficacy analysis in phase 3 COVE study for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate and filing today with the U.S. FDA for emergency use authorization. Moderna. Moderna Announces Primary Efficacy Analysis in Phase 3 COVE Study for Its COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate and Filing Today with U.S. FDA for Emergency Use Authorization | Moderna, Inc.. Accessed Dec. 9, 2020.
  12. When vaccine is limited, who should get vaccinated first? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. When Vaccine is Limited, Who Gets Vaccinated First?. Accessed Jan. 13, 2021.
  13. Interim considerations for COVID-19 vaccination of healthcare personnel and long-term care facility residents. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination of Healthcare Personnel and Long-Term Care Facility Residents | CDC. Accessed Dec. 10, 2020.
  14. Oliver SE, et al. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ interim recommendation for use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine — United States, December 2020. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2020; doi: The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices....
  15. DeSimone DC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Feb. 17, 2021.
  16. Mbaeyi S. Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine: Clinical considerations. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-12/COVID-03-Mbaeyi.pdf. Accessed Dec. 14, 2020.
  17. FDA takes additional action in fight against COVID-19 by issuing emergency use authorization for second COVID-19 vaccine. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA Takes Additional Action in Fight Against COVID-19 By Issuing Emergency Use Authorization for Second COVID-19 Vaccine. Accessed Dec. 21, 2020.
  18. COVID-19 vaccine: Frequently asked questions. American Academy of Pediatrics. https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions. Asked Dec. 21, 2020.
  19. COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. COVID-19 Vaccines and Severe Allergic Reactions. Accessed Jan. 7, 2021.
  20. Dooling K. Phased allocation of COVID-19 vaccines. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-20/02-COVID-Dooling.pdf. Accessed Dec. 21, 2020.
  21. Officials discuss COVID-19 vaccine deliveries prioritization criteria. U.S. Department of Defense. Officials Discuss COVID-19 Vaccine Deliveries, Prioritization Criteria. Accessed Jan. 13, 2021.
  22. Interim clinical considerations for use of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized in the United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC. Accessed Jan. 26, 2021.
  23. Wu K, et al. mRNA-1273 vaccine induces neutralizing antibodies against spike mutants from global SARS-Cov-2 variants. bioRxiv. In press. doi:10.1101/2021.01.25.427948.
  24. Rubin R. COVID-19 vaccines vs variants — Determining how much immunity is enough. JAMA. 2021; doi:10.1001/jama.2021.3370.
  25. Janssen COVID-19 vaccine: Fact sheet for healthcare providers administering vaccine. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Emergency Use Authorization. Accessed March 1, 2021.
  26. Understanding viral vector COVID-19 vaccines. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Understanding Viral Vector COVID-19 Vaccines. Accessed March 1, 2021.
  27. Vaccine adverse event reporting system (VAERS). Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Accessed Feb. 1, 2021.
  28. V-safe after vaccination health checker. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. V-safe Print Resources. Accessed Feb. 1, 2021.
  29. Vaccination considerations for persons with underlying medication conditions. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. COVID-19 Vaccination Considerations for Persons with Underlying Medica. Accessed Feb. 1, 2021.
  30. Moderna COVID-19 vaccine: Fact sheet for recipients and caregivers. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
  31. Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine: Fact sheet for recipients and caregivers. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
  32. What to expect after getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. What to Expect after Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine. Accessed Feb. 17, 2021.
  33. Janssen COVID-19 vaccine: Fact sheet for recipients and caregivers. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Emergency Use Authorization. Accessed March 1, 2021.
  34. Office of Patient Education. COVID-19 vaccine reactions: The difference between common and allergic reactions. Mayo Clinic; 2021.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Says who? Natural immunity is still the best way to build antibodies and become immune.

Insults are not facts.

As I said, where are the facts and data? I've been through those citations looking for facts. None to be found...just claims made without data to back it up. Most of those citations are from the vaccine sources...without data to back it up. Did you go through those citations?

You can tell me humans can run around in bathing suits on the moon...doesn't mean it's true.

The manufacturers claim they work, but there's no trial results that I've found, no testing data, no stats - just generalized claims.

When the CDC and Mayoclinic and many others say the vaccines might not prevent covid...that suggests it might not work. So now I want to see data that proves it works.

I just want to locate the facts that back up the claims...
Here’s one. Wasn’t hard to find.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Read that too..."Funded by BioNTech and Pfizer"

If you read the disclosure letters, most were paid "personal fees" or "grants" by the pharmas and they ticked off conflict of interest "yes".
No.....this was a double blind observer controlled study. Doesn't matter who paid for it. If we said the government paid for it you'd say..."I don't trust the government ". If you think these studies aren't trustworthy then there is no point in further discussions.

Got my vaccine Saturday. It will massively reduce the chance of me having a serious reaction to covid, it will reduce the time I have it, and they are fairly sure will reduce the time I am able to spread the disease. All of those are reasons why I got vaccinated. Its basic science, and has been for decades.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I feel like it’s a compliment to have been blocked by this particular human.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
It's ok I like to learn....but I've already been through that page. Where are the empirical facts and statistical data?

I did notice this at the end of all the "facts", last paragraph at the bottom of a long page:

"Keep in mind that if you’re fully vaccinated from COVID-19, your risk of getting COVID-19 might be low. But if you become infected, you might spread the COVID-19 virus"

Umm...so that means the vaccine might not work?
So your threshold for "works" is 100% effectiveness? That's just plain illogical. Not to mention there are studies (not "just claims") that demonstrate when people who have received a vaccine do get COVID their symptoms are less severe and they require hospitalization at far lower rates.

Finally I'm not sure you know what "empirical facts and statistical data" really means because the citations contain plenty. These vacancies HAVE been tested in CLINICAL TRIALS, that data is readily available.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So your threshold for "works" is 100% effectiveness? That's just plain illogical.
Agreed.

Guess Condoms are out too right? They're like 98% effective or something like that right?

To the crowd........Did 212S delete all his messages? I come back a day later and am only seeing his comments through replies of others. Don't think I ignore him. Weird.

*edit*.......Wanted to add. Got my first Pfizer shot around 2pm yesterday. Had a mild/medium case of COVID in December. So far, only issue is some soreness around the injection site.

Status
Not open for further replies.