• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Before you say that you have never lied let me put this out there. You have stated numerious(at least 10 that i can see just in this thread} times that ivermecten is a horse wormer. THIS IS A BLATANT LIE and there is no such thing as a horse worming drug that I know of. You damn well know that ivermectin is not a horse worming drug but keep saying it to belittle its existence. You claim to be a expert in your field but don't know that?

I believe I referred to ivermectin as a cattle wormer which is the use I am most familiar with. If you want to buy it as a horse wormer you can pick it up at most farm supply stores. However I do not recommend giving it to humans.

I also have friends that will not get the vaccine under any circumstances whatsoever. I tell them to maybe try a prophylaxiis of ivermectin and vitamin D and a few other vitamins. Tell me Bruce what is the harm in that. Or do you think that these people should get COVID and maybe perish because they are stupid or obtuse or whatever adjective you would like to use for them today.
The harm is that people gain confidence and take excess risks when taking an ineffective medication that they believe protects them. This leads to unnecessary deaths. This is especially true when highly effective and safe vaccines are available.

The propaganda piece that you linked to is a review of cherry picked tiny randomized controlled studies combined with lesser quality information. Some of the "studies" referenced are not even published and others are not peer reviewed. Perhaps most alarmingly the Elgazzar study which was completely retracted is included. The lead author is a non practicing MD who has lost two jobs over his controversial hyping of untested treatments. Another author developed a controversial protocol for sepsis treatment which has been found not to work in later studies. This provides a more thorough review of FLCCC's propaganda than I am willing to What's Behind the Ivermectin-for-COVID Buzz?

The NIH maintains a review of Ivermectin RCTs that you might appreciate at Table: Ivermectin Clinical Data | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines

Ivermectin has been added to Oxford’s PRINCIPLE trial. That study may bring an end to question of efficacy one way or another.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bruce

First of all read the entire post before running to the keyboard in a fit of rage.

I was always left wondering why the blatently one sided view on ivermection and the outright lies that you have been posting in this thread. Well I think I found my answer.

"My Aunt and Uncle may be a real life example of this. My Uncle strongly believed the disinformation pushed by politicians and foreign adversaries. His like minded preacher brought CoVID to a prayer breakfast. My quite unhealthy uncle experienced a few weeks of mild illness while my healthy, daily exercising, just retired, Aunt likely received a strong exposure while caring for him. Despite weeks of hospital care including the best wormers and anti-parasitic drugs my aunt did not survive the illness. Family reunions will not be the same. "

Did your aunt or uncle ever take ivermectin? I suspect that they did and the aunt that you loved so dearly is no longer with us and you blame ivermectin for that.

Before you say that you have never lied let me put this out there. You have stated numerious(at least 10 that i can see just in this thread} times that ivermecten is a horse wormer. THIS IS A BLATANT LIE and there is no such thing as a horse worming drug that I know of. You damn well know that ivermectin is not a horse worming drug but keep saying it to belittle its existence. You claim to be a expert in your field but don't know that?

Ivermectin is a well-known, FDA-approved anti-parasite drug that has been used successfully for more than four decades to treat onchocerciasis “river blindness” and other parasitic diseases. It is one of the safest drugs known. It is on the WHO’s list of essential medicines, has been given 3.7 billion times around the globe, and has won the Nobel Prize for its global and historic impacts in eradicating endemic parasitic infections in many parts of the world.

You post every article you can find that disparages ivermectin and not one article on the entire internet that has a differing conclusion. You claim to be a researcher and data analyst and yet you could not find this paper published in THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF THERAPEUTICS. In case you have never heard of them in all of that research that you do here is what they do.

American Journal of Therapeutics is an indispensable resource for all prescribing physicians who want to access pharmacological developments in cardiology, infectious disease, oncology, anesthesiology, nephrology, toxicology, and psychotropics without having to sift through stacks of medical journals.

Here is the published paper

You can read the entire paper and draw your own conclusions but I suspect you will not even read it because of your built in bias due to the heartache of losing your aunt.
Here is there conclusion
Conclusions:
Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

If you are what you claim and a data scientist and researcher you should know that built in biases of the researcher is a real thing. Shame on you for knowingly spreading lies and a blatant bias towards a drug that is being used all over the world and especially in poor countries where big pharma does not have a stranglehold on the flow of information.

I tell my friends to get the vaccine because I think the benefits of it seem to outweigh the risk of getting it. I also have friends that will not get the vaccine under any circumstances whatsoever. I tell them to maybe try a prophylaxiis of ivermectin and vitamin D and a few other vitamins. Tell me Bruce what is the harm in that. Or do you think that these people should get COVID and maybe perish because they are stupid or obtuse or whatever adjective you would like to use for them today. What learned advice do have for these people? I would be curious to your answer.

I truly am sorry that your aunt is with her savior but not giving any alternatives to the millions of people THAT WILL NEVER GET THE VACCINE NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY is truly shameful in my opinion.

How about you post articles that do not support ivermectin and articles that support there use and let people decide there own opinion and not yours. Your problem is you think that everyone that does not agree with your conclusions cannot think for themselves and therefore need you to tell them what to think.

Have a nice day.
You are grasping at straws.

:cigar:

--

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Rex, Duke and UNC have all announced that all their employees must be vaccinated. WakeMed has stated that they are working on the same policy. (those are the 4 main Hospital chains here in Raleigh)

That said, the news last night stated that vaccination rates have taken a steep climb in the last week. I think people are realizing that the data clearly shows they work and are safe, and that the Delta variant isn't something you want.

I guess SD stand for Social Distancing? LOL

1627311181556.png

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got the vaccine because of my kids. I typically never get the flu shots. I always get sick from them. My kids were able to get the shots, and my son was apprehensive about it because I was not getting it. He told me that so , I schedule the both of us for a shot at the same time. For me it was worth the risk, just to know that my kids are safer.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16, I deeply respect that you have spent your life flying for our country. Why so negative about vaccination? Do you not see it as another way of doing what is right for all Americans?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oof, this thread blew up again. Seems like its about run its course, too. Just like America, seems like roughly half of us are complete imbeciles, and whichever side of any particular debate you find yourself on, you believe that of the other. Sad.

Go get your shot. Or don't, whatever. Voluntarily unvaccinated folks dying in the covid wards are getting zero fucks out of my empathy reserve - really only feel bad for folks like Tabbibus who have to take care of these selfish people while continuing to put themselves and their families at risk.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oof, this thread blew up again. Seems like its about run its course, too. Just like America, seems like roughly half of us are complete imbeciles, and whichever side of any particular debate you find yourself on, you believe that of the other. Sad.

Go get your shot. Or don't, whatever. Voluntarily unvaccinated folks dying in the covid wards are getting zero fucks out of my empathy reserve - really only feel bad for folks like Tabbibus who have to take care of these selfish people while continuing to put themselves and their families at risk.
In this thread and in the real world I think the numbers skew a lot more to the vaxed side than you’re saying.

Over half the country is vaccinated and there are a lot of lazy/“too busy”/etc people included in that 45% or so of unvaccinated. The unvaxed aren’t all passionately against it or forced to not get it for some rare medical reason. Hopefully more of those people will get it and we can move beyond this, which seems to be the recent trend.

Same with other issues of the day in this country. Small minorities in the extremes want to loop in half the country to their side in every argument but the country doesn’t actually break down that way.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just don't click on it.
lololol.

This is hilarious. 'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink', in reverse.

--

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
must. click. thread.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yo! Are you aware of the "pedigree" and history of the AAPS? A few nuggets
- HIV does not cause AIDS
- Abortion increases risk of breast cancer
- Vaccination causes autism
- Obama was a witch doctor and hypnotized people
- Pushed the hydroxychloroquine for Covid train

I'm not even going to get into the political side of the AAPS.

For the love of everything that is good, please do not base health decisions on what this group of people are selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.