• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone been following blood type with severity of infection?
I have read journal publications and seen media hype on that topic. My feeling was that they were more a matter of correlation than causation.

The lung damage caused by the immune system fighting the virus makes the person more susceptible to bacterial infection. Early reports suggested that bacterial infection was common in CoVID-19 patients. It is not uncommon for antibiotics to be provided for this reason.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like FDA approval of the Pfizer Vaccine is coming soon, my guesstimate would be before the school year starts or by the end of the month. I saw that Moderna is talking like a booster is possible so I suppose the wife and I will be getting that one as well when it comes out. As I work my 24 today I checked the work email and yesterday our hospital President mentioned mandatory vaccinations being discussed at the higher levels of administration.. I have a friend who works in Des Moines and their children ICUs are full, sad to see so many children being affected now.. Have another friend who works in Amarillo, TX, and she’s seeing so many younger people affected now and almost all aren’t vaccinated. Just sad to see, I do encourage people to get the vaccine, I don’t force it on them though.

Last edited:

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Early on in the virus conquest it was noted that type A blood individuals were among the highest mortality rates.
Like being an "omnivore" AB's tend to be universally more adaptive in general. That involves both food sensitivities, or in the case of AB's the lack thereof, and pathogen resistance.

Some hypothesize that the AB blood type is a product of the latter twentieth century when there was increased mixed race genetics. This in general removes weaknesses from single source genetic lines, i.e congenital diseases, hemophilia, celiac and the like.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Tgen, thanks for that response. It was a bit hard to decipher but I think I understood it. I cant necessarily agree to the mixed race thing as my parents were both from similar origins yet Im AB

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My company just announced all employees will be required to get the vaccine (I work in Healthcare). Most, if not all, are probably vaccinated already....so not a big deal.
I'm hoping mine will make it mandatory, but I doubt it. On the other hand, I like working from home.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Excerpt from a Q/A with Dr. Marty Makary, a professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. I found this interesting as I've been very curious about immunity in regards to previous infection and have found very little discussion or data about it. As I mentioned in earlier in this thread my wife is a strong believer in natural immunity, she was previously infected and decided not to get vaccinated because of that. To her at least, this proved true when the group of friends she was on a trip with all got sick even though vaccinated and she didn't get sick being unvaccinated (this past March she had tested positive).

I appreciated this view point for natural immunity from someone that is very much pro-vaccine.

Excerpt:
"Some people already have 'natural immunity' – that is, immunity from prior COVID infection. During every month of this pandemic, I've had debates with other public researchers about the effectiveness and durability of natural immunity. I've been told that natural immunity could fall off a cliff, rendering people susceptible to infection. But here we are now, over a year and a half into the clinical experience of observing patients who were infected, and natural immunity is effective and going strong. And that's because with natural immunity, the body develops antibodies to the entire surface of the virus, not just a spike protein constructed from a vaccine. The power of natural immunity was recently affirmed in an Israeli study, which found a 6.7 times greater level of protection among those with natural immunity vs. those with vaccinated immunity.
Requiring the vaccine in people who are already immune with natural immunity has no scientific support. While vaccinating those people may be beneficial – and it's a reasonable hypothesis that vaccination may bolster the longevity of their immunity – to argue dogmatically that they must get vaccinated has zero clinical outcome data to back it. As a matter of fact, we have data to the contrary: A Cleveland Clinic study found that vaccinating people with natural immunity did not add to their level of protection.

So instead of talking about the vaccinated and the unvaccinated, we should be talking about the immune and the non-immune. Immunity is something people can test for with a simple antibody test. I would never recommend that anyone intentionally acquire the infection in order to get natural immunity, but vaccine passports and proof-of-vaccine documents should recognize it.
Now, if someone does not have natural immunity from prior infection, then they should immediately go out and get the vaccine. I'm pro-vaccine. But the issue of the appropriate clinical indication of the vaccine is not an all-or-nothing phenomenon, as we frequently see in American culture and politics.

I'm perplexed at the vitriol directed at folks who are reluctant to get vaccinated. For some, the biggest driver of their hesitancy is the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which has failed to issue the long-overdue full approval of the COVID-19 vaccines due to stability testing which has nothing to do with safety.

The goal of our pandemic response should be to reduce death, illness and disability, but instead what you're seeing is a movement that has morphed from being pro-vaccine to vaccine fanaticism at all costs."

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will be interesting to see how the numbers hold over time from that set, and how other factors are affecting Israel to make it different/same as other areas (Not sure on their mask use or travel restrictions, and how that affects the variants active in their area)

I've been vaccinated AND had Covid already, so I'm hoping I'm well covered!!!! I have a 11 year old son, so I wish the data held overtime and continues to show my son has very low likelihood of re-infection, since he does NOT have a choice to vaccinate yet due to age.

The numbers provided seems highly encouraging on how few re-infections they have detected, thanks for sharing that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It will be interesting to see how the numbers hold over time from that set, and how other factors are affecting Israel to make it different/same as other areas (Not sure on their mask use or travel restrictions, and how that affects the variants active in their area)

I've been vaccinated AND had Covid already, so I'm hoping I'm well covered!!!! I have a 11 year old son, so I wish the data held overtime and continues to show my son has very low likelihood of re-infection, since he does NOT have a choice to vaccinate yet due to age.

The numbers provided seems highly encouraging on how few re-infections they have detected, thanks for sharing that.
It will also be interesting to see the data of how long natural immunity lasts. This may also help us understand how long the vaccines will be good for. We should be get more studies like this from US data. Hopefully is confirms the Israeli data - that would be awesome! I also wonder if the severity of an infection changes one's own natural immunity capability?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm for the vaccine, I received it....by choice. I'm against mandated vaccines and any kind of passport. Once the government puts anything like this into action, they'll never give it back.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm for the vaccine, I received it....by choice. I'm against mandated vaccines and any kind of passport. Once the government puts anything like this into action, they'll never give it back.

I agree with you and that’s a decent clip but he’s making the assumption that the government is only doing this for control which I don’t think is accurate or fair.

As far as his comments about why isn’t the government telling people to get healthy & reduce their weight so they’ll have better outcomes if they get covid - that’s a years-long process for an obese person and all levels of government and public health have many programs focused on people getting healthier. I’m sure he’s seen that as a person involved in professional sports and it was also a direct focus of the Obama admin.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Holey shit Bruce. A DR friend sent me this today ,
Not a doctor, but do understand some of science, and while the doc was very articulate, several of his conclusions just don't make sense to me.

Given a choice between his personal opinion and that of the CDC, NIH (and the vaccine data review by the FDA) my faith lies in our public health agencies.

Jim

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I realize you are not asking my opinion, but this is yet another example of why we are still in this mess. I have no idea what his actual credentials are, but he identifies as a functional family medicine doctor and proceeds to say that because of his functional medicine background he is specially trained in immunology. Everything else after that should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Please be aware that this type of "medicine" has fundamentals that are rooted in pseudoscience. I could not finish the video because of many inaccuracies by this practitioner.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
He's treated FIFTEEN people with covid! WOW <Sarcasm font>
I love how people like this guy use bits of factual information intertwined with hogwash to make it sound more plausible. The CDC and NIH have never said this vaccine will eliminate Covid. In fact, the opposite - they've been saying it will likely never go away and will probably end up like the FLU where we will need annual immunizations from now on. He makes the point really well FOR the vaccine with his comments about the Mumps outbreak - no one who was immunized for the mumps got sick -only those who weren't vaccinated did. So if you toss out all his BS about the CDC and NIH saying the vaccine will make covid go away, you are left with - vaccinated people will fair better than non-vaccinated people.

Here is a complete debunking of his quackery: Addressing Dr. Daniel Stock’s Claims — Deplatform Disease

We now have another wave of infections and hospitalizations, 97% of which are for non-vaccinated people. ERs are filling up, and pediatric cases are increasing. So your best bet to help stop/slow the virus is to get vaccinated - unless you KNOW you already had covid - at an unknown level of infection - and want to roll those dice. I DO HOPE that the Israeli study is accurate - we will see more I'm sure. In the meantime I'd trust the vaccine data first.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm hoping mine will make it mandatory, but I doubt it. On the other hand, I like working from home.
What else would you like your company to make mandatory. (If you were back at the office) Why not mandatory bathrooms combined male and female. Why not mandatory everyone has to eat the same food. Mandatory no carbonated beverages. If you have had one shot or two, it is not the end. It will be mandatory to get every shot down the line. What is the end ? The government will never let this to end. The control on you is far too great. Think of the power we the people have lost in the last year and a half to what we have to show forth now. We are giving up freedoms

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We now have another wave of infections and hospitalizations, 97% of which are for non-vaccinated people. ERs are filling up, and pediatric cases are increasing. So your best bet to help stop/slow the virus is to get vaccinated - unless you KNOW you already had covid - at an unknown level of infection - and want to roll those dice. I DO HOPE that the Israeli study is accurate - we will see more I'm sure. In the meantime I'd trust the vaccine data first.
And there will be another wave and another wave and another wave… Virus’s mutate… and when the virus has been man made, the mutation rate is far more rapid than in its natural state.
the Flu (a type of corona virus) has never gone away and it never will… how many future Covid “booster” shots are they going to want to mandate to the public.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And there will be another wave and another wave and another wave… Virus’s mutate… and when the virus has been man made, the mutation rate is far more rapid than in its natural state.
the Flu (a type of corona virus) has never gone away and it never will… how many future Covid “booster” shots are they going to want to mandate to the public.
Any many as are needed. This virus isn't going away anytime soon. How many people get MMR vaccinations? 91% of the US. Why, because you can't go to school without it. We've been doing that for decades. The only difference is the type of virus - this one is more deadly (by huge factors) - so you'd think we'd be even MORE strict about it. But we aren't - because of fear mongering and disinformation. Sad.

I will get a booster of pfizer or moderna the second they make it available!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
What else would you like your company to make mandatory. (If you were back at the office) Why not mandatory bathrooms combined male and female. Why not mandatory everyone has to eat the same food. Mandatory no carbonated beverages. If you have had one shot or two, it is not the end. It will be mandatory to get every shot down the line. What is the end ? The government will never let this to end. The control on you is far too great. Think of the power we the people have lost in the last year and a half to what we have to show forth now. We are giving up freedoms
LOL, We do have bathrooms with no designation, we all eat at the same time, they do not sell soda. If the science (not the government) states I need a booster so I can live, I have no problem with that. The government is not telling you to do anything except what the science states. You fail to see this is not about losing your FREEDOMS. This is about saving peoples lives. That's it!!! I wish more people could see...hear... and understand this. I lost my brother to this fucking decease and it makes me sick with peoples/your arrogance. How much is your FREEDOM worth if you're dead? Or how about you passing it onto a loved one that dies. How would that make you feel? Thank GOD you got your FREEDOM!!!!

Tell me, how many people in the military, that fought for our/your FREEDOM, are vaccinated. I heard up to 17 or 18 vaccinations before deployment depending on where they're heading to? Damn!!!! People who fight to keep you FREE are vaccinated. I sure hope you are and return the favor.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This video provides a good explanation of the development of the mRNA vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.