• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Apparently not the greatest joke.....because it needed explaining! I just thought the UI looked Funny - "The Vaccine" - DELETE?
Sorry but you have been issued one account warning point.
Personal attacks and partisan politics are not allowed.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
*lets make that two warning points.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please return to topic otherwise members who post simply to agitate will be blocked from this thread.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

0BB6499B-5D11-4021-B05D-03FB4112B3D0.jpeg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@the MfM, the article you posted appears to be a retelling of a CDC report from March. It is old news with no current relevance. Nursing home patients are a worst case scenario for SARS-CoV-2 as many do not have sufficient immune response to mount a meaningful defense against the virus even after vaccination. Additionally viruses spread rapidly in such facilities. It is unfortunate that the vaccination rate was low among staff. The unvaccinated staff likely contributed to the spread among patients.

"During the outbreak, 46 COVID-19 cases were identified, including cases in 26 residents (18 fully vaccinated) and 20 HCP (four vaccinated)"

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Calling out inconsistency and hypocrisy is "Agitation",..in this thread and probably more broadly on this and so many forums,...............................ask me how I know .LOL.

It is the state of this country.

I spent two hours in a hospital today visiting with a close friend who has a wife hanging on for her life, 23 days on a ventilator...................

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Oh nice. For those with low self control... like me. haha
Tab, I was wondering if you could share what you (or your group) currently does to treat someone that is admitted into the ICU for covid?

Thanks

Last edited:

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So is natural immunity better than vaccine induced ? ....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So is natural immunity better than vaccine induced ? ....
So the which fin is better question?

I would put money on fully vaccinated followed by repeated small exposures to the virus creating the most productive antibodies.

This is not a virus that it would be reasonable to choose to try to acquire natural immunity to.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would say what I have experienced is the most thorough exposure, thereby causing the greatest most expansive immune response. This to the widest variety of pathogen variants..

1. Direct exposure to the early variant from LA.
2. Direct fluid exposure to the variant from NYC.
3. Direct fluid exposure to active Covid in one of my grilfriends.
4. The two part Pfizer.
5. 7 mos later a "Moderna " booster.

Result: Covid what ?...............................

There have been reports of natural immunity being better. There have also been contradictory reports of natural immunity waning over time. Couple that with all the fog of the vaccines and what they can do and not. Mix this with the whole political narrative that's being pushed and you have pudding.

So.................The best is obviously a mixture. You don't need to be a physician to figure that out.

So what I truly believe is demonstrated by my behavior. Thats MY choice. I believe it doesn't have to be yours.
But alas, true choice is falling by the wayside.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've linked plenty of articles that state otherwise. At this point, there is no "right" answer.

In my (and my wife, our group of friends) experience, natural anti-bodies work great.
I agree (GAAAAASP!). No right answer. It seems like a robust exposure associated immune response is at least as good and maybe better as a vaccine mediated immune response. The caveat is that exposure is difficult to quantify. So not everyone who got sick will have the same degree of immunity. This is somewhat more predictable in vaccines, granted not 100%.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree (GAAAAASP!). No right answer. It seems like a robust exposure associated immune response is at least as good and maybe better as a vaccine mediated immune response. The caveat is that exposure is difficult to quantify. So not everyone who got sick will have the same degree of immunity. This is somewhat more predictable in vaccines, granted not 100%.
So your best bet is to have "dual" immunity....its free, its safe, its effective, and it protects even better than just one type.

I am also wondering if mixing vaccines would also work well. Ie.....I got J&J and am thinking if I got Moderna next....would it give me better coverage? Of course no company is going to run a study like that...but to me it makes logical sense to stimulate the immune response in as many different ways as possible.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So your best bet is to have "dual" immunity....its free, its safe, its effective, and it protects even better than just one type.

I am also wondering if mixing vaccines would also work well. Ie.....I got J&J and am thinking if I got Moderna next....would it give me better coverage? Of course no company is going to run a study like that...but to me it makes logical sense to stimulate the immune response in as many different ways as possible.
To the first point, I recommend to all my patients who've had covid to still get the shot. And I would too if I was in that situation.

Second point, I honestly don't know. Maybe we can summon @swatski and get his opinion on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.