• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does one go about not having this thread pop up every day in their list of "What's New" or "New Posts"? This thread isn't watched by me (although now it would be, given my global settings), and I'd really prefer this to stop showing up in the list.

Essentially, how do I block this thread from appearing?

I'm CERTAIN I'm not the only person who wishes to know this info, and would desire the same outcome. For those that wish to keep hashing this out, there absolutely MUST be some way to quarantine this thread so that you would only see it if you wanted to concern yourself with it.

@Administrative you guys HAVE to see the reality that those who are settled in their views ON BOTH SIDES might be getting weary of the constant drumbeat this thread poses. With no way to get away from this, why keep coming here (much like the reason for leaving that other old forum)? Give those of us who wish to stop seeing this some respite, some way of not being poked in the eye on a daily basis.

There are sub-forums here that require asking for access, should you so desire. Not sure if that's still the case, but it WAS in the past, and this thread so clearly needs such an option. I make no claims such as "I'M NEVER POSTING AGAIN, I'M TAKING MY BIG RED BALL AND GOING HOME", but I can damn sure guarantee that there ARE those who won't post as much, won't visit here as much, won't help someone else because of their stance in this thread...

Give people a way out.

~ fin

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great news, glad they have found that a low dose is safe and effective for children.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Squeeeeeeeeee

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yay more reading for the shitter.

My anti-bodies are still kicking. 3 NFL games (2 sold out) Face to face with 1000s of people at Amalie Arena. Howl-Scream with 10,000s of people. No masks in sight anywhere. That’s just the past two weeks. Why do I need a vaccine again?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, I just received word this morning of another coworker’s spouse being on the vent. Thankfully they were able to get acceptance to an ICU only a little over 2 hours from home. Very healthy guy in his early 40s, no health history, unvaccinated ☹😭 wife found him wandering around the house at night, initial ER O2 sats in the 30 percentile. He went from mild symptoms to vent in one day. Currently pH at 7.46 (@tabbibus thoughts on that pH? Sorry to bug you on your god given day off from hell) and slightly d-dimer elevated, so I assume he’s got just a few clots in his lungs. Thank god his wife (ER RN) wasn’t working as she usually works Sunday nights..

My boss is still kicking it at home, on day 16 with covid. Symptoms of dizziness, tachycardia, and some shortness of breath upon exertion. His wife is slightly worse than him. “Worst sickness they’ve ever had in their lives.”

Mother in law seems to be doing better that I know of, will check on her again today.

My other coworker’s spouse that’s on the vent had a down day yesterday but not horrible, had to go from 40% O2 to 70%. So not the worst thing but still not out of the woods yet.

Last edited:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The children's hospital in Pittsburgh had to set up medical tents to expand the ER capacity. As of Friday they had 5 pediatric ICU beds available in Pittsburgh and 42 beds statewide. Doctors at the hospital said the number of children coming to the ER is historic. Cases for children 5-14 has tripled in the past month. The wait time for the ER at the children's hospital is 7 1/2 hours. It's not all Covid, RSV in kids is getting common even though the doctors say it's not even in season. My wife told me that RSV is getting passed around the rooms where kids aren't required to wear masks at her daycare. I drive past an urgent care center at around 5:30 AM and there's already cars in the parking lot waiting for them to open at 8. And the assholes here still are fighting with the schools because the state mandated kids wear masks.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
anyone whether vaccinated or not vaccinated can carry and spread covid..
This is true, but you are missing an important point about the vaccines. They prevent many people from getting sick - so their immune system fights off the infection quickly. They never even know they were/are infected, and if they are contagious at all, they are contagious for a short time. Unlike those who are unvaccinated who get sick and spread the virus. So no, its not the same. Being vaccinated DOES help reduce the spread of the disease. Your explanation makes it sound like it doesn't.

This is why Uttar Pradesh is claiming they've beaten Covid - because all the rich (vaccinated) people they test are coming back negative. Wahoo....the rich are vaccinated and not sick (oh...the untouchables....well good luck to them....I'll say a prayer).

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just tell your doctor to give you another shot…let them know you can have my doses…….

btw, so far I am winning…Covid-free and I’ve killed no one!

So “my DATA” confirms I’ve done everything right :winkingthumbsup"
We've been over this.....never go full facebook :)

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yay more reading for the shitter.

My anti-bodies are still kicking. 3 NFL games (2 sold out) Face to face with 1000s of people at Amalie Arena. Howl-Scream with 10,000s of people. No masks in sight anywhere. That’s just the past two weeks. Why do I need a vaccine again?
Great news. It's likely the vaccines + natural immunity from infection are continuing to work as expected.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
With a post of something that did happen? They were trolling. That funeral home doesn't exist, but pretty shocking they still did that. Pretty dark.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, I just received word this morning of another coworker’s spouse being on the vent. Thankfully they were able to get acceptance to an ICU only a little over 2 hours from home. Very healthy guy in his early 40s, no health history, unvaccinated ☹😭 wife found him wandering around the house at night, initial ER O2 sats in the 30 percentile. He went from mild symptoms to vent in one day. Currently pH at 7.46 (@tabbibus thoughts on that pH? Sorry to bug you on your god given day off from hell) and slightly d-dimer elevated, so I assume he’s got just a few clots in his lungs. Thank god his wife (ER RN) wasn’t working as she usually works Sunday nights..

My boss is still kicking it at home, on day 16 with covid. Symptoms of dizziness, tachycardia, and some shortness of breath upon exertion. His wife is slightly worse than him. “Worst sickness they’ve ever had in their lives.”

Mother in law seems to be doing better that I know of, will check on her again today.

My other coworker’s spouse that’s on the vent had a down day yesterday but not horrible, had to go from 40% O2 to 70%. So not the worst thing but still not out of the woods yet.
That blows. It blows my mind with this virus how sometimes people will have o2 levels that we usually associate with incompatible with life and they are just walking around.

pH is fine. Would not worry about it. Worry when it is low. Like 7.2 and below. D-dimer is tricky because just mildly elevated it is simply a marker of inflammation. In covid it is almost always up. But when it gets higher then we give folks high dose blood thinners.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
With a post of something that did happen? They were trolling. That funeral home doesn't exist, but pretty shocking they still did that. Pretty dark.
Here is an article on-line from the Charlotte Observer discussing the truck.

Jim

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That blows. It blows my mind with this virus how sometimes people will have o2 levels that we usually associate with incompatible with life and they are just walking around.

pH is fine. Would not worry about it. Worry when it is low. Like 7.2 and below. D-dimer is tricky because just mildly elevated it is simply a marker of inflammation. In covid it is almost always up. But when it gets higher then we give folks high dose blood thinners.
Thanks for the reply, I found it interesting that his pH was higher instead of lower! Guess we will see how his first full day in the ICU goes, at least their visitation policy is to allow one person (7a-7p) so his daughter is seeing him now. My friend who’s an ER NP works at the hospital he’s at, it’s his father in law, so he will check on him when he works too. Really pulls at your heart strings when it’s someone close to you. Going to go mow the yard for the guy’s wife and get groceries for her too. She has covid but only GI symptoms, weird I know. Second family my wife and I have helped in a week sadly.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh nice. For those with low self control... like me. haha
For many, it has zero, nothing, zip, nada to do with self-control.

You deal with this daily, therefore it is foremost in your mind, and you cannot get away from it. The mistake many make is that others need to be subjected to the same, or desire the same. Failure to step back and look at personal behaviors towards others of of either side who believe differently are precisely why there is such a divide in this country, and why those from both sides have dug in their heels.

That is the extent I will contribute any further to this thread, since @Bruce has given me such an appreciated option. I DO hope this isn't just for me, and that ANYONE has that "Ignore Thread" option - my intent was not just for my sanity, but for others as well. I don't mind being the face of those who didn't know how to broach this, and simply stopped coming here as much.

Thanks again Bruce, and as for this thread...

I'm Out.gif

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was just checking it out....added this thread and then went to remove it, and got this message:

View attachment 163925
I'm sure that would make many anti Vaxers happy!!!! LOL
It would probably make some pro-vaxxers happy too.

I guess I classify as anti-vaxx, I have no issues with this thread. I find it entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.