• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on 255 FSH Sport E

Chriswalters13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how well this boat handles the open seas?? I fish out of Alabama and pretty regularly 2-3ft seas. Is the 255 going to be able to handle that or am I going to get beat up going 15-20 miles out?

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Considering no one has one yet, not sure how accurate any opinions will be.

However, I also am on the Gulf Coast and plan on going that far out with my FSH 252, hopefully this summer.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very hard to tell. But one things for sure it certainly won't ride as good as something with an OB that can be trimmed out. But that holds true with any jet compared to an OB. I've had my 21 in 3-4 on lake Michigan only because we got caught in a fast moving storm and I can tell you it was not pleasant!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First mod should be lectrotabs for sure

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very hard to tell. But one things for sure it certainly won't ride as good as something with an OB that can be trimmed out. But that holds true with any jet compared to an OB. I've had my 21 in 3-4 on lake Michigan only because we got caught in a fast moving storm and I can tell you it was not pleasant!
According to Yamaha, the 255/252 has a deeper V hull which is 3’3” longer than the 210 FSH and is intended for off shore excursions. It also weighs some 1832 pounds more dry than a 210 FSH, and it holds 666 pounds of fuel compared to the 210’s 300 pounds of fuel. The max load is 2700 pounds, so with full fuel and max weight the 255/252 is 8,201 pounds, while the 210 FSH is 5553 pounds full fuel and at max load for a difference of 2648 pounds.

I’d like to think that with those attributes it’s going to handle bigger water pretty well.

Maybe these guys will do a test of the 255/252
Power boat TV at least did their test on a day with some good chop that illustrates some rougher water handling.

As opposed to boat test and boating mag testing boats on lake Altoona‘s smooth surface.

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still no trim. Have owned 8 ob/sd boats and 2
Jets. There's a dramatic difference in ride quality. I will agree with the deeper hull weight it will certainly help. But without the ability to trim the boat to free up the hull, you'll always have a rougher ride. I still like me 21 FSH and for the money and features its a tough bought to beat. Ocean may not be as bad as Lake Michigan as our waves tend to be tight together and and sharp.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still no trim. Have owned 8 ob/sd boats and 2
Jets. There's a dramatic difference in ride quality. I will agree with the deeper hull weight it will certainly help. But without the ability to trim the boat to free up the hull, you'll always have a rougher ride. I still like me 21 FSH and for the money and features its a tough bought to beat. Ocean may not be as bad as Lake Michigan as our waves tend to be tight together and and sharp.
And perhaps the longer length will help bridge across the tight together waves?

When I was a kid we had a 25‘ cabin cruiser with an outboard and used to go to the salton sea. Those waves could get big fast with high desert winds, and the lake was shallow so those waves were close together and it was a pretty rough ride back to the marina if you got caught out in a haboob ! We had to put it on the beach one time and wait it out, glad my Dad used to keep Vienna sausages, sardines and saltine crackers on board!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how well this boat handles the open seas?? I fish out of Alabama and pretty regularly 2-3ft seas. Is the 255 going to be able to handle that or am I going to get beat up going 15-20 miles out?
Try calling Yamaha customer service and see what they have to say.

AT4TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have spent the last year looking at tons of different boats, we still haven't pulled the trigger. Considered Yamaha at first then watched one of the crossing videos where the group hit the weed lines and that killed it for me. So started looking at 25 to 27ft OBs but my wife grenaded that idea because she wanted a transom. So then we started looking at inboards, but man it's all tiny fuel tanks dragging around car engines.

Then I saw the 252/255 FSH online, this could be it. It's got range, plenty of seating and I don't have to add rod holders or try and figure out how to mount a real chartplotter. I would like to see some performance numbers on the 252 FSH with the non-SVHO engines. I'm guessing it would be similar to it's bowrider cousin.

My only question is, is Yamaha making a radio box in the T-Top? One of the videos I saw on YouTube has a piece of black plastic covering the space and they didn't know if this was going to change for production. There is room above the Conext screen to mount a VHF, but under the T-Top would be a better location. If they don't, then someone here should make an insert for it, depending on what's behind that piece, my guess is it's wiring for the speakers and lights.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
AT4TX, that darm swim platform is why we went from a 190 to the 210. Tried to talk the wife into an OB but when we went to the boat show last year she said no way. I'm not giving up the swim platform. And yes I will admit is very nice. So whats a married man say when his wife says I want a larger boat? That would be buy a larger boat. I'm sure won't say that when I want a new truck 😃

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have spent the last year looking at tons of different boats, we still haven't pulled the trigger. Considered Yamaha at first then watched one of the crossing videos where the group hit the weed lines and that killed it for me. So started looking at 25 to 27ft OBs but my wife grenaded that idea because she wanted a transom. So then we started looking at inboards, but man it's all tiny fuel tanks dragging around car engines.

Then I saw the 252/255 FSH online, this could be it. It's got range, plenty of seating and I don't have to add rod holders or try and figure out how to mount a real chartplotter. I would like to see some performance numbers on the 252 FSH with the non-SVHO engines. I'm guessing it would be similar to it's bowrider cousin.

My only question is, is Yamaha making a radio box in the T-Top? One of the videos I saw on YouTube has a piece of black plastic covering the space and they didn't know if this was going to change for production. There is room above the Conext screen to mount a VHF, but under the T-Top would be a better location. If they don't, then someone here should make an insert for it, depending on what's behind that piece, my guess is it's wiring for the speakers and lights.

To your question about the VHF radio... why not use one of those type that has a command mic and the bulk of the radio is under the center console? Then all you have is the pot that the mic attaches to?

AT4TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
To your question about the VHF radio... why not use one of those type that has a command mic and the bulk of the radio is under the center console? Then all you have is the pot that the mic attaches to?
Yeah, that is possible option, assuming folks don’t mind spending a grand on a black box VHF. For those that don’t want to do that, the obvious place is in the space on the T-top where Yamaha has currently put a piece of plastic. Like I said, there is space on the console above the connext, personally I’d rather use that space for another plotter.

My dealer has a couple in order, I‘d like to see it in person.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, that is possible option, assuming folks don’t mind spending a grand on a black box VHF. For those that don’t want to do that, the obvious place is in the space on the T-top where Yamaha has currently put a piece of plastic. Like I said, there is space on the console above the connext, personally I’d rather use that space for another plotter.

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I have one on order. Does your dealer have a couple on order that are available for purchase? If so, that would be the first I’ve heard of that. I do like the idea of seeing an operating one first but that’s not in the cards for me this year.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

AT4TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have one on order. Does your dealer have a couple on order that are available for purchase? If so, that would be the first I’ve heard of that. I do like the idea of seeing an operating one first but that’s not in the cards for me this year.
I haven't asked them yet. They have a 252 and 255 coming, but they display everything on their website regardless of whether it is spoken for or not. I was going to go visit them this week and see the status and if the can alert me when either arrives so I can at least crawl around one if they are sold.

AT4TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What one do you like ?
Me personally? I would go with the Simrad RS40-B, I want AIS trans/receive capability and the overlay integrated with the chartplotter. That's probably overkill for most folks, but I'm a safety nut and AIS is a great layer to have offshore. Simrad does have a new black box version coming out, no pricing yet, my guess is it will be in the $1500 range. Rather save the $500 and just put the RS40 in the T-Top.

The fact that Yamaha went with the Simrad GO 12 XSE is great, opens up a ton of options for accessories that aren't Connext compatible. XM Weather is now an option. Plus the price of the boat itself is fantastic, I mean not a lot of 25ft CCs out there equipped like the 255/252 FSH for $75 -$80k. It's a nice entry in a heavily saturated market that brings a ton of features with affordability.

This boat checks the most boxes and my wife likes transom and LOVES that there are no props. She has shot down so many boats, it's not even funny. We're looking for a boat that can do family boating and fishing, one where we don't have to modify the crap out of it to get it to where it will do both. This boat has a solid foundation, it just needs a couple of small tweaks to be perfect for us.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This boat checks the most boxes and my wife likes transom and LOVES that there are no props. She has shot down so many boats, it's not even funny. We're looking for a boat that can do family boating and fishing, one where we don't have to modify the crap out of it to get it to where it will do both. This boat has a solid foundation, it just needs a couple of small tweaks to be perfect for us.
Amen to that brother, if they made a 25 last year when I was buying, that's likely what we'd have. But our 210 is great for most of the same reasons... just a little less so! :) They are amazing, versatile boats.