• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on 255 FSH Sport E

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Amen to that brother, if they made a 25 last year when I was buying, that's likely what we'd have. But our 210 is great for most of the same reasons... just a little less so! :) They are amazing, versatile boats.
Totally agree.. I probably would have bought the 255 E for numerous reasons, but my 210 sport is quite the amazing little boat, the 255 E is just quite a bit more amazing!

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the interior color is if you get the black exterior ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I spoke to a couple dealerships here and the sales guys were all saying the same thing... you don't run into sargassum as it doesn't float all that much and if it was to be there, you'd just drive around it as you'd see it so I am definitely not as concerned as I was before!
These guys were clearly SALESMEN....sargassum is a PITA. It floats all over the place around Florida. When we go to Bimini it is the #1 thing we dodge on the way over. Does it stop us....no. Do we have to stop 4-5 times during the 60 mile crossing to clear out the intakes...yes. Sure you can drive around the big beds of it, but often there are long lines of it that become a pain. Deal breaker....no. Annoying...yes. Do you need to use the clean out ports all the time...no. The reverse cleanout maneuver works most of the time with it, but sometimes when it wraps around the shaft you have to reach in to clear it (if you are a body builder....bring your skinny GF! LOL)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the interior color is if you get the black exterior ?

From Yamaha’s web site it looks like it is the “cool” interior..

climbing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere else... new to the forum.

Has anyone taken delivery of a 252 or 255 yet in the FL panhandle and actually been offshore? I'm really curious how it handles chop and how dry the ride is. I've never owned a jet before, so I'm a bit hesitant and don't know the realities of maintenance or sucking up debris in our area (Niceville, FL). The layout, real estate and cost for a boat this size looks like a no brainer for my family, but I'd hate to have buyers remorse if the ride is horrible and have to always stop to clean out the jets. Likely 70/30 family/fish and spend probably 90% of that time in the bay and not OS.

What does Yamaha do in terms of foam? I figured it's no Whaler, but anyone know how far they take it?

Thanks for any help and input!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere else... new to the forum.

Has anyone taken delivery of a 252 or 255 yet in the FL panhandle and actually been offshore? I'm really curious how it handles chop and how dry the ride is. I've never owned a jet before, so I'm a bit hesitant and don't know the realities of maintenance or sucking up debris in our area (Niceville, FL). The layout, real estate and cost for a boat this size looks like a no brainer for my family, but I'd hate to have buyers remorse if the ride is horrible and have to always stop to clean out the jets. Likely 70/30 family/fish and spend probably 90% of that time in the bay and not OS.

What does Yamaha do in terms of foam? I figured it's no Whaler, but anyone know how far they take it?

Thanks for any help and input!
Welcome to the forum! I think you will find a wealth of information here.

Regarding the debris question, have a look at Julians post above. I don’t have that sea grass where I boat at, but I did manage to suck up a large amount of braided fishing line one time when I wasn’t paying attention while landing a fish. When I opened the clean out port my crank bait was floating in there. Within just a few minutes I was able to clear the line off the shaft and kept on fishing for several more hours.

As far as maintenance goes there isn’t very much at all. Change the oil and filters as spec’d by the manual, my boat is every 50 hours change the filters, and oil and filters change at 100 hours. When I get to the 50 hour mark it will be oil and filters. All you’ll need besides consumables to change the oil is a vacuum type of evaluator. I bought a 7 liter mighty vac that works awesome, it is graduated so you can tell how much oil you’ve pulled out. And a lot of folks change the spark plugs once a year.

As far as the ride goes no one knows for sure on this site as there are several waiting for their boats, Yamaha like many other companies is facing supply chain problems due to the whole virus thing. Based on what I know about the logistics, most supplies are sitting in ships on the west coast of the United States waiting to be unloaded and distributed.

Yamaha stated in their press release that this is a new hull designed for off shore. One of the members here stated that he had spoken with a salesman who rode on the prototype boat and was impressed with the off shore ride. All the Yamaha boats are a dry ride overall...but if you get into a quartering head sea with wind, the spray will get lifted back onto the boat like any other boat.

As far as foam is concerned, I’ve seen evidence of foam that has been put into various cavities on my boat. As far as floatation goes in other models of Yamaha boats, I’ve read other posts by members who were caught out in some big waters and the self bailing deck of the boats performed very well. Keep in mind those models were not specifically designed for big water or off shore duties. The 252/255 FSH is designed with off shore activities in mind and has higher free board, and large deck drains in the stern.

This is the only test I’ve seen done on this new model. 2021 Yamaha 255 FSH Sport E I believe this is one of the prototypes that were going around the country.

Others vids:

Had this model been available when I purchased my boat, I probably would have bought the 255E FSH. Having said that, I’m super happy with my 210 FSH Sport.

Last edited:

climbing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hey thank you for the quick reply.

I guess I didn't realize it's so new that nobody actually has one yet. Since the FSH has been around for a minute, I'm hoping they have addressed a lot of the asks from the previous versions.

Always a bit hesitant to roll the dice on a beta version of anything, but since I'd want to OS the least, maybe it's well worth the enjoyment for the other 90% inside the bays.

This might be a silly question but I don't understand- why is a 25' boat 20 to 30k less than other boats this size with OB's? Is it the engine differences themselves or is there less stringers, glass, and manufacturing processes from typical OB boat construction? With a Yamaha badge it almost seems to good to be true.

Cheers!

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The cost of the engines and other costs are less for Yamaha. As an example, my FSH 190 engine is approximately 175 HP, and it costs about $10K. A 175 HP Yamaha outboard would be about $17K+. Yamaha also builds more boats in a more automated way at their TN plant than other manufacturers; Yamaha builds more of one model than most builders' total output of everything for a year. Higher production of an all Yamaha product reduces costs dramatically per boat.

climbing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
The cost of the engines and other costs are less for Yamaha. As an example, my FSH 190 engine is approximately 175 HP, and it costs about $10K. A 175 HP Yamaha outboard would be about $17K+. Yamaha also builds more boats in a more automated way at their TN plant than other manufacturers; Yamaha builds more of one model than most builders' total output of everything for a year. Higher production of an all Yamaha product reduces costs dramatically per boat.
Ten4. Thanks Elliot.

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey, I'm actually in Niceville FL and have a 210 FSH. I have never once had a problem with sea grass. There's just not enough of it around here for it to be an issue. While it's not the 252/255 you're looking for, I take the 210 offshore all the time, just gotta pick your days and know your own comfort level like any boat. I added auto leveling trim tabs to mine that smooth out the ride a lot in chop. If you get one I'd add those, and also the thrust vector fins for better steering around the dock. The 252/255 is going to have a big gas/range advantage over the 210 and I expect it'll ride even better out there based on the new hull and just being heavier.

climbing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hey, I'm actually in Niceville FL and have a 210 FSH. I have never once had a problem with sea grass. There's just not enough of it around here for it to be an issue. While it's not the 252/255 you're looking for, I take the 210 offshore all the time, just gotta pick your days and know your own comfort level like any boat. I added auto leveling trim tabs to mine that smooth out the ride a lot in chop. If you get one I'd add those, and also the thrust vector fins for better steering around the dock. The 252/255 is going to have a big gas/range advantage over the 210 and I expect it'll ride even better out there based on the new hull and just being heavier.
Hey this is extremely helpful and makes me feel a whole lot better since we're in the same bay. How's it been owning the 210 for you? I'd love to see one in person... I buzzed over to the Yamaha dealership this afternoon, knew it was closed but hoped to see one. None in stock. They still don't have any idea when a 252 or 255 will deliver.

Honestly, I'm less interested in offshore and just love how roomy it is and the price point on a boat that size. Well noted on the upgrades. Thanks again.

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey this is extremely helpful and makes me feel a whole lot better since we're in the same bay. How's it been owning the 210 for you? I'd love to see one in person... I buzzed over to the Yamaha dealership this afternoon, knew it was closed but hoped to see one. None in stock. They still don't have any idea when a 252 or 255 will deliver.

Honestly, I'm less interested in offshore and just love how roomy it is and the price point on a boat that size. Well noted on the upgrades. Thanks again.
The 210 has been awesome for around here, it's been great in the bay for family time and off shore for fishing. If you're just going to stick to the bay, the 252/255 pretty much has everything you're going to need already for around here. Maybe the thrust vector fins. Are you talking to KM Cycle in FWB? Great dealership to work with when I bought mine, hopefully they get one in for you soon!

Tride

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Like many of you, I put a deposit down on a 255 and have patiently been waiting. This weekend I went to the Palm Beach boat show and spoke with the Yamaha rep, as well as the local store who sold me the boat. While they didn’t have exact details both thought May would be the delivery time for 255’s.

It’s not much, but hopefully they stay on track with that prediction.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Like many of you, I put a deposit down on a 255 and have patiently been waiting. This weekend I went to the Palm Beach boat show and spoke with the Yamaha rep, as well as the local store who sold me the boat. While they didn’t have exact details both thought May would be the delivery time for 255’s.

It’s not much, but hopefully they stay on track with that prediction.
Sounds to me like they have not started building and that there are not unfinished boats waiting for parts. they are probably focused on the high volume models.
i’m glad I have my old sea ray to start the season with.

Tride

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds to me like they have not started building and that there are not unfinished boats waiting for parts. they are probably focused on the high volume models.
i’m glad I have my old sea ray to start the season with.
What they told me was that usually the boats are built, but they are typically just waiting on finishing items. Such as windshields, cleats, etc. Apparently, there is a boat yard full in Tennessee if 95% boats.

At this point though I’m just holding onto any hope that I actually receive the boat.

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Man, that's a GREAT looking boat, exactly the model/colors I'm looking for! Can't wait to hear from people who get it out on the water and start giving feedback.