• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower boat flag holder?

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to a local flag store and had them cut me some poles to length.. and bought these to mount them on.. I think I got them 18" long for a single flag, and 2 that are 26" long for double flags.. each marine flag is 12"x18" I think..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EVJQAA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I went to a plumbing supply place and bought either 1 1/4" or 1.5" OD thin wall PVC.. make sure and get thin wall, then cut it length wise to get it to fit in the tube..
Not available at Home Depot...still looking

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I moved my nav light to the top of the tower. I'd like to use my OEM nav light socket for a flag holder but without sacraficing my former light pile

And aftermarket nav light pole i find is a size snaller than what the yamaha socket is

Anyone find otherwise?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not available at Home Depot...still looking
You might dismiss this, but I thought that it might be worth mentioning that I just went and measured 3 of my old shower curtain rods... they are all 1" aluminum rod. Maybe worth looking into.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found 1" 8 foot tod at lowes.
No thin wall 1 1/4, so...made it work :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have yet to investigate the tower option, but you can see that the 'mate series' cup/rod holders I installed near the stern have been holding my oversized flag & pole.
I

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I too have been looking for a wake tower flag option. Interested in seeing what folks went with. I can find the holders fairly easy though the poles are a bit more difficult - who knew.
Q. Does anyone just make an alternative to the standard orange type flag poles that have the foam bottom you can either mod or come w/o the orange flag?

I did notice that Big Air sells an adjustable holder with a bare pole. http://bigairwaketowers.com/accessories/flag-holder/ Seems like the easiest

I spent 30 min on the phone with Aerial - horrible experience.
They have a holder. They don't carry a standard orange flag even though the picture shows it with an orange flag with the Aerial logo. When asking what pole i could get to fit their holder they had no clue. When the same holder popped up in a "similar items" section 20.00 cheaper I was told that was an old skew (same product) and they removed it while I was on the phone with them. So basically they have a flag pole with no flag and can't tell anyone what flag to use with it... perfect marketing.

At any rate - chiming in to see where folks landed.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These arrived today the are dolphin rod holders the mount on the tower. I will use the for several purposes including as a flag holder I plan to buy a metal pole and set it up as a flag holder. I bought four I think they were $30 each.
image.jpeg

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the kwik tek unit you mentioned in your original post. It holds VERY well on my AR tower and I also bought the flag with the rubber base they sell. Very happy with both. The flag is longer than most cheap units and the rubber base is better for the co-pilots to grip. I would buy again and recommend the setup.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just came across this set up for holding a flag. Price doesn't seem that bad and they throw in a free orange flag. Anyone use this setup?

http://caddiebuddy.com/tower-mount/

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used their window mount on a previous boat, it was okay, but I wasn't super impressed (cheap plastic, didn't always hold flag up while underway). I'll be ordering the kwik-tek unit in the next few weeks. Pricier, but should be indestructable.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going with the kwik-tek holder as well. Now I just have to find something to use as a flag pole, or pennant staff, that will work with it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I put together a little something for my SX. Will post when I get a flag in it this weekend.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used their window mount on a previous boat, it was okay, but I wasn't super impressed (cheap plastic, didn't always hold flag up while underway). I'll be ordering the kwik-tek unit in the next few weeks. Pricier, but should be indestructable.
I didn’t realize it was plastic. Not something I would think would last.

Kwiktec is looking like a better option.

I need to get something for my daughters ski too. For when they pull the tube.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We use a holder from bullet line
https://www.bulletlines.com/Wakeboard-Tower-Flag-Holder-p/799.htm
I drilled a hole through it and my flag poles, and use a pin to hold the flag poles in.
If we run WOT it gets too much drag on my American flag, but at under 30, and for water sports flags, it works well.
I have a tall flag pole for scuba diver down and alpha flag, and this holder does well, but that is only used at anchor.

NickR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We use a holder from bullet line
Wakeboard Tower Boat Flag Holder
I drilled a hole through it and my flag poles, and use a pin to hold the flag poles in.
If we run WOT it gets too much drag on my American flag, but at under 30, and for water sports flags, it works well.
I have a tall flag pole for scuba diver down and alpha flag, and this holder does well, but that is only used at anchor.
How big is the flag pole you are using for the American flag when running under 30mph? Are you using a wooden pole or did you find a metal pole that does well? Thanks for the help!

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm very interested in this topic. I have a 2017 AR 190. Just curious if anyone has a tower around that age and some flag pole holders that have wroked well for you.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm very interested in this topic. I have a 2017 AR 190. Just curious if anyone has a tower around that age and some flag pole holders that have wroked well for you.
I purchased these Big Air flag holder last year and has worked well for me.

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, Dean. I'm going to have to keep an eye on those. unfortunately they say out of stock and none coming until later in the year due to the pandemic. Dang.